GUILTY CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Two reasons I've seen people hire/ask someone to kill them:
1) Life insurance policy would be disqualified if the person committed suicide; still want their loved ones to receive benefits so framed up as a homicide
2) Religious loophole (like, "if you kill me, it's not really suicide")

Can't see #1 being applicable in this case, but #2 might be possible.

Again, that's considering that any part of what he's said is true, which who knows.

I just did a little reading on heroin and found a few things interesting...

While heroin’s effects can persist for 4-5 hours after the last heroin dose, heroin’s half-life is estimated to be roughly 30 minutes long. In other words, the concentration of heroin in the blood is generally reduced to half of its original value only 30 minutes after consumption.

The length of time that blood and saliva tests can detect drug use is about equal – in that both test methods can detect heroin in the body for only about 12 hours after last drug use, at most. Urine tests can detect it for up to 3 days after last drug use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never stated there was a struggle though. By saying forcefully taken from her house, I meant by gunpoint. He could have easily forced her out of her home by holding a gun to her and telling her to do as exactly as he said. And she most likely would have complied out of fear and hoping if she listened, he wouldn’t shoot her. It’s all just a theory honestly because I don’t believe his hitman/assisted suicide excuse any more than I believe the earth is flat.

If she was forced to leave the apartment that could also explain why she didn't have her phone and why there was so much concern that she wasn't home or answering.

I have to respectfully disagree. I understand where you’re coming from BUT a quick look through of her purse would have revealed to him if her phone was in there or not.

The gun. He could have wiped his prints off of it. He also could have placed it in her hand to make it appear she shot herself. IMO, he took that gun because of 1 of 2 reasons.

1) The gun could be traced to him. Well not specifically him, but someone he has close ties to IF the gun was a gun he took from someone in his home. That’s assuming the gun wasn’t Natalie’s boyfriend’a gun.

OR

2) my newest theory. JML said he came across NB’s ad on CL in the “women seeking men” section. Perhaps, her add was truly just that and never mentioned a hitman what so ever. He messaged her, they then began communicating. At some point, NB, being trusting, invited JML to her apartment to hang out. Once he arrived, NB was not wanting anything more than a friend. Perhaps the boyfriends gun was out in the open. JML couldn’t handle being “friend zoned” and snapped. He then forced NB out of the apartment at gunpoint. That would explain why NB’s phone was left at home. She would have forcefully left her home under duress. This of course is just a theory and could be anything but correct.

JML taking her purse is a sign to me as a killer taking a trophy. And I am very curious to know who’s gun was used in her murder. It makes a huge difference, IMO, if the gun belonged to someone associated with JML or if the gun was associated with NB.

Regardless of all of the above, his hitman motive is nothing more than his pathetic excuse as a way out of serving life in prison. His motive only benefits himself and completely defames Natalie.

I disagree. I think she left her phone to avoid being tracked or knowing JM would look through it & see what was about to go down. The relative that spoke to her last, obviously was concerned enough when they couldn't reach her not even 3 hrs later. They reported her missing at that point.
JM as well --what made him check to see if his gun was missing?
NB must've said something to the relative she spoke to last as well s to JML for both parties to be that concerned in such a short amount of time.
Why would JML think to see if his gun was missing just because he couldn't get a hold of his gf for s few hours? She probably said something that caused them to be so worried.

If she was forced to leave the apartment that could also explain why she didn't have her phone and why there was so much concern that she wasn't home or answering.

Yet she had her purse (IMO, to put the gun in).

While heroin’s effects can persist for 4-5 hours after the last heroin dose, heroin’s half-life is estimated to be roughly 30 minutes long. In other words, the concentration of heroin in the blood is generally reduced to half of its original value only 30 minutes after consumption.

The length of time that blood and saliva tests can detect drug use is about equal – in that both test methods can detect heroin in the body for only about 12 hours after last drug use, at most. Urine tests can detect it for up to 3 days after last drug use.

Super interesting. Thanks for the info! Given the half life, it seems unlikely she didn’t use while they were together.

it all depends how much they use, if they are all the time people, there levels can be above 3 or 4 times what is considered a lethal amount.
Its kinda like they pick up old alcoholics at .35 all the time, most people would be dead at that level, tolerance grows and the drug takes more and more to be effective.
So if she was like every heroin addict shooting up every 4-5 hrs, she coulda easily shot up a big dose before meeting, him and her levels would have easily been that number

more than likely heroin was payment
junkies will do anything for drug money
Suspects eyes in picture looked like someone on heroin
When I read this I was like, some guy desperate for drugs, would do something like this

Super interesting. Thanks for the info! Given the half life, it seems unlikely she didn’t use while they were together.

Yes. And after reading far more clinical studies on heroin levels post mortem than I ever imagined I would, I am even more sure that she used shortly before her death.

I’m sure you all read the autopsy report and glossed over the “6-MAM” levels like I did at first. Turns out the presence of 6-MAM tells us that she had used heroin right before she died because it is undetectable shortly after the drug is used.

it all depends how much they use, if they are all the time people, there levels can be above 3 or 4 times what is considered a lethal amount.
Its kinda like they pick up old alcoholics at .35 all the time, most people would be dead at that level, tolerance grows and the drug takes more and more to be effective.
So if she was like every heroin addict shooting up every 4-5 hrs, she coulda easily shot up a big dose before meeting, him and her levels would have easily been that number

Yes, but the presence of 6-MAM tell us she used right before she died.

“Diamorphine is rapidly deacetylated to 6-monoacetylmorphine, which is specific for heroin and has a half-life of 6 – 25 minutes, before being hydrolysed to morphine.”

Yes. And after reading far more clinical studies on heroin levels post mortem than I ever imagined I would, I am even more sure that she used shortly before her death.

I’m sure you all read the autopsy report and glossed over the “6-MAM” levels like I did at first. Turns out the presence of 6-MAM tells us that she had used heroin right before she died because it is undetectable shortly after the drug is used.

Not sure I've commented here before but have read along. Thanks for your info I had wondered to myself these very questions you have answered within your last couple posts

So if they say she had an almost lethal dose in her when she was killed, wouldn’t that mean she had shot up right before death?

Never mind, question answered up thread.

Yes, but the presence of 6-MAM tell us she used right before she died.

“Diamorphine is rapidly deacetylated to 6-monoacetylmorphine, which is specific for heroin and has a half-life of 6 – 25 minutes, before being hydrolysed to morphine.”

But "half life" doesn't mean it's completely gone after that period, right? I thought half life was the time for the amount present to go from 100% to 50%of the original amount.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

But "half life" doesn't mean it's completely gone after that period, right? I thought half life was the time for the amount present to go from 100% to 50%of the original amount.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is correct.

:yeahthat:

Absolutely. I read a study the other day (I too have been looking into the toxicology of heroin) where they were comparing the morphine levels of daily users and people who OD'd. The levels varied A LOT. Tolerance, age, body type, period of use, etc etc. One of the daily users had twice the amount of morphine in than NB did, and that person was still upright and meandering around fine.

Yet she had her purse (IMO, to put the gun in).

Unless JML took her purse as he was forcing her out at gunpoint. The phone wouldn’t have been in her purse (at least I never put mine in there unless I am going out)

:yeahthat:

Absolutely. I read a study the other day (I too have been looking into the toxicology of heroin) where they were comparing the morphine levels of daily users and people who OD'd. The levels varied A LOT. Tolerance, age, body type, period of use, etc etc. One of the daily users had twice the amount of morphine in than NB did, and that person was still upright and meandering around fine.

I think I read that study as well. It did say that everyone who had above a 200 level of morphine died. Hers was 800. Of course that level varies with how high of a tolerance the user has...

Police said that this was not drug related, but maybe Natalie took them right before he picked her up / kidnapped her and shot her soon after. Does anyone remember how far she lived from where she was found? 10 minutes?

Hey Everyone,

We are looking for sleuths who are "rock stars" meaning they know how to sleuth like nobody's business.

If you feel you are an excellant sleuth do not be shy. This is for a possible TV show.

I need your name and a picture ASAP. Please mail to websleuthstv@gmail.com ASAP.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

Thanks,
Tricia

Police said that this was not drug related, but maybe Natalie took them right before he picked her up / kidnapped her and shot her soon after. Does anyone remember how far she lived from where she was found? 10 minutes?

Yes you are correct it was a 10 minute drive. Most of the heroin documentaries I watch have the user take the drug just before being picked up (for whatever reason). Very common.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery
Back