GUILTY CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched an episode of "A Crime to Remember," which reminds me of this case, as well as the case of Conrad Roy.

It's an interesting story about a teenage girl in 1961 in Odessa, Texas. She comes up missing and the events surrounding her disappearance didn't get any less mysterious once she was found.

This article gives a good overview of the story.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/a-kiss-before-dying/

Wow...just wow. That is an incredible story. Sadly I think the reactions to her killer would still be relevant today.

I just saw a news clip from Denver 7 that stated detectives confirmed that the Craigslist ad was real. It was a TV recording of tonight's newscast posted as a video comment in a FB group, so no way to share it at the moment.

I just saw a news clip from Denver 7 that stated detectives confirmed that the Craigslist ad was real. It was a TV recording of tonight's newscast posted as a video comment in a FB group, so no way to share it at the moment.

Yes. Craigslist ad hiring a hitman, linked to her gmail account, as per Denver 7.

I’m so sad. I originally thought it could be true, but didn’t want to (and still don’t want to) believe this. It’s still a first degree murder charge, but it’s so sad that she felt this was the only way out.

If it’s proven true, I’d expect to see this end with 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. The trial will be ugly too. So so sad

If it’s proven true, I’d expect to see this end with 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. The trial will be ugly too. So so sad

Yep I agree. In think he'll plea to voluntary manslaughter. Sad because it really is first degree but won't happen. He'll be out in 12 prolly.

How have we as a society come to this....hit man ads on Craigslist?!?!?! And that is social media we know about! God help us with the ones we don’t know about!

How have we as a society come to this....hit man ads on Craigslist?!?!?! And that is social media we know about! God help us with the ones we don’t know about!

I’m really scared for all of our kids. It’s only getting worse.

I just watched an episode of "A Crime to Remember," which reminds me of this case, as well as the case of Conrad Roy.

It's an interesting story about a teenage girl in 1961 in Odessa, Texas. She comes up missing and the events surrounding her disappearance didn't get any less mysterious once she was found.

This article gives a good overview of the story.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/a-kiss-before-dying/
Just bumping this. While social media and Craigslist and such definitely provide more anonymous venues for this sort of thing, as evidenced by the story above, unfortunately even without those venues, it's been done before.

I was stunned when I saw the episode of A Crime to Remember and it had really made me wonder if the Craigslist story would end up being the truth.

How heartbreaking that Natalie felt this was her best or only option.

Just bumping this. While social media and Craigslist and such definitely provide more anonymous venues for this sort of thing, as evidenced by the story above, unfortunately even without those venues, it's been done before.

I was stunned when I saw the episode of A Crime to Remember and it had really made me wonder if the Craigslist story would end up being the truth.

How heartbreaking that Natalie felt this was her best or only option.

Ooh, Texas Monthly publishes great longform articles. Thanks!

Wow...just wow. That is an incredible story. Sadly I think the reactions to her killer would still be relevant today.

I certainly hope not. I’d like to think we have matured as a society since the days when women were simply a man’s property.

Just because I’d like to think it, however, does not make it reality.

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]

Another new date on the court docket site:

Docket for: Adams County - Adams County Justice Center
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
5/23/18
9:00 AM 1H LOPEZ, JOSEPH Arraignment D12018CR582 Adams County DIV K

I’m so sad. I originally thought it could be true, but didn’t want to (and still don’t want to) believe this. It’s still a first degree murder charge, but it’s so sad that she felt this was the only way out.

My heart goes out to her sister. This is a hard truth to accept. I hope they investigate aggravating factors.

Whilst I feel desperately sad for Natalie and the thoughts that must be going though her sisters mind at the horror and strangeness of this. I would be outraged if the Craigslist post was even taken into account when deciding what he is found guilty of. What a despicable person. He should be treated as if he drove along a street and randomly selected a victim. I realise there are some in society who would have read that ad and moved along and done nothing but I would hope to goodness there would be a majority of people who would reach out to assist someone so desperate as to place an ad like this. I imagine the media will jump over this trying to state some sort of suicide but it was not he murdered her for his own purposes. At the end of the day even though she advertised she did not take her own life. Poor young woman this hurts my heart this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot even imagine that hit men on Craigslist are real! How repulsive society has become!
Whilst I feel desperately sad for Natalie and the thoughts that must be going though her sisters mind at the horror and strangeness of this. I would be outraged if the Craigslist post was even taken into account when deciding what he is found guilty of. What a despicable person. He should be treated as if he drove along a street and randomly selected a victim. I realise there are some in society who would have read that ad and moved along and done nothing but I would hope to goodness there would be a majority of people who would reach out to assist someone so desperate as to place an ad like this. I imagine the media will jump over this trying to state some sort of suicide but it was not he murdered her for his own purposes. At the end of the day even though she advertised she did not take her own life. Poor young woman this hurts my heart this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I cannot even imagine that hit men on Craigslist are real! How repulsive society has become!

It's not really a common thing on Craigslist (I think), I'm sure the post would have been flagged and removed fairly quickly. They've taken down all those sections where people would buy drugs etc using code words. Like if you were looking for meth, you search for someone hanging with their friend Tina. Go fast in a sentence is another code phrase.

I don't think she was in her right mind when she posted. Lots of times people talk about suicide, but never actually go through with it (me being one). She somehow managed to find the needle in a haystack in JL. The vast majority of people would have attempted to help her, not kill her. He could have just driven her to the ER or detox, but nope, chose to kill her instead. Sick man.

It's not really a common thing on Craigslist (I think), I'm sure the post would have been flagged and removed fairly quickly. They've taken down all those sections where people would buy drugs etc using code words. Like if you were looking for meth, you search for someone hanging with their friend Tina. Go fast in a sentence is another code phrase.

I don't think she was in her right mind when she posted. Lots of times people talk about suicide, but never actually go through with it (me being one). She somehow managed to find the needle in a haystack in JL. The vast majority of people would have attempted to help her, not kill her. He could have just driven her to the ER or detox, but nope, chose to kill her instead. Sick man.

I’m wondering if they both agreed to die, and he didn’t follow through with killing himself. Otherwise, I’m baffled that someone would be stupid enough to answer the ad and follow through, leaving a paper trail. Or he just had the urge to kill and got lucky searching craigslist early in the morning

It all just doesn't make any sense!
I’m wondering if they both agreed to die, and he didn’t follow through with killing himself. Otherwise, I’m baffled that someone would be stupid enough to answer the ad and follow through, leaving a paper trail. Or he just had the urge to kill and got lucky searching craigslist early in the morning

(For some reason, I can't add this thread to my subscriptions via Thread Tools, so I am just leaving this comment for myself for future reference.)

marking. Thanks all for insight, links and keeping Natalie's thread going.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back