GUILTY CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m wondering if they both agreed to die, and he didn’t follow through with killing himself. Otherwise, I’m baffled that someone would be stupid enough to answer the ad and follow through, leaving a paper trail. Or he just had the urge to kill and got lucky searching craigslist early in the morning

Just going simply off of what he told detectives, I think he wanted to become/act out his whole fake "hitman persona" that he had going on in his anime-second-life thing that he was into.

It breaks my heart that this guy saw the ad. It was one of the things that made me believe or want to believe the ad wasn't real - that a hurt, suicidal person would just happen to have a wannabe hitman/murderer see their ad on Craigslist like some perfect storm scenario and respond to it. I hope there is no sort of mercy taken upon him just because NB was suicidal. It changes nothing for me. Any decent human being should have tried to help. He could have picked her up and taken her to a hospital for a psychiatric hold. He could have tried to contact somebody to help her. Instead of help, he gave her a bullet to the head. He's nothing less than a coldblooded killer to me, whether she wanted to die or not.

Now, I know that SS didn't kill her, but there is not a doubt in my mind that his actions and presence in her life and what he was doing contributed to the state of mind that she was in. I wish he could held accountable for that. If you've seen the text messages between NB and Tim Beeson (her ex) that were released along with the Sword & Scale podcast, Natalie was absolutely terrified of the guy even after the RO/PO was taken out. SS was haunting every aspect of her life.

If you go back to my very first posts on this thread, you will see I felt something was very off
I never believed SS had anything to do with her death. She had MANY stressers in her life.
IMO. She played SS When she needed him or his protection on the streets. When he became (in his mind or maybe not) her only protector, she freaked. Was he mentally stable....no, was she...no. Perfect storm.
Just going simply off of what he told detectives, I think he wanted to become/act out his whole fake "hitman persona" that he had going on in his anime-second-life thing that he was into.

It breaks my heart that this guy saw the ad. It was one of the things that made me believe or want to believe the ad wasn't real - that a hurt, suicidal person would just happen to have a wannabe hitman/murderer see their ad on Craigslist like some perfect storm scenario and respond to it. I hope there is no sort of mercy taken upon him just because NB was suicidal. It changes nothing for me. Any decent human being should have tried to help. He could have picked her up and taken her to a hospital for a psychiatric hold. He could have tried to contact somebody to help her. Instead of help, he gave her a bullet to the head. He's nothing less than a coldblooded killer to me, whether she wanted to die or not.

Now, I know that SS didn't kill her, but there is not a doubt in my mind that his actions and presence in her life and what he was doing contributed to the state of mind that she was in. I wish he could held accountable for that. If you've seen the text messages between NB and Tim Beeson (her ex) that were released along with the Sword & Scale podcast, Natalie was absolutely terrified of the guy even after the RO/PO was taken out. SS was haunting every aspect of her life.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

So sad that a young 19yr old was suicidal. Her life had not been easy or fair. It just is so hurtful to read about her life, and imagine the pain she endured throughout life. Then to have it end this way. It's tragic. I can't imagine assisting anyone in suicide UNLESS they were truly medically going to die, but it would be long, painful, etc. I can understand people choosing to not want to live in those cases. With depression....having taken my sister to the psych and demanding she be admitted for being suicidal, call the police and having them come to get my father for treatment...to turn away those that need help....I just can't see it. If I came across someone with a broken leg, I wouldn't leave them laying there, or ignore their cries for help. Yet, how many times are people with mental illness denied help, or ignored, or worse yet, as in this case, they are taunted, humiliated, made to feel their inaccurate feelings are real, etc. It just sinks humanity to a level that I can't cope with...

May Natalie be at peace. May her murderer be held accountable.

So sad that a young 19yr old was suicidal. Her life had not been easy or fair. It just is so hurtful to read about her life, and imagine the pain she endured throughout life. Then to have it end this way. It's tragic. I can't imagine assisting anyone in suicide UNLESS they were truly medically going to die, but it would be long, painful, etc. I can understand people choosing to not want to live in those cases. With depression....having taken my sister to the psych and demanding she be admitted for being suicidal, call the police and having them come to get my father for treatment...to turn away those that need help....I just can't see it. If I came across someone with a broken leg, I wouldn't leave them laying there, or ignore their cries for help. Yet, how many times are people with mental illness denied help, or ignored, or worse yet, as in this case, they are taunted, humiliated, made to feel their inaccurate feelings are real, etc. It just sinks humanity to a level that I can't cope with...

May Natalie be at peace. May her murderer be held accountable.

Hi 2Hope4, I feel exactly the same as you. Thank you for your post it was said perfectly. I have lost and saved people in despair and to not assist someone in that mind frame is the most cruelest and heartless thing I could ever imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still not totally buying it. But it’s very possible I’m just stubborn. There was never a doubt in my mind that the ad was real and it was posted using her email and phone number, but I can’t wrap my mind around it being posted by NB herself. I’m hanging onto the theory that her phone was “lost” somehow and the communications (CL ad, texts, etc.) were from whoever had it and not NB. And whoever that person is had the whole thing carefully planned out. On the other hand, maybe I’m in denial.

Wow, the thought They someone else did the posting for the hit man...
I’m still not totally buying it. But it’s very possible I’m just stubborn. There was never a doubt in my mind that the ad was real and it was posted using her email and phone number, but I can’t wrap my mind around it being posted by NB herself. I’m hanging onto the theory that her phone was “lost” somehow and the communications (CL ad, texts, etc.) were from whoever had it and not NB. And whoever that person is had the whole thing carefully planned out. On the other hand, maybe I’m in denial.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

It makes the most sense to me, at least with the pieces of the puzzle we have currently. Most young people go right to the Internet whenever they need something. But they’re also smart enough to know using your own email/phone would get you busted in a hurry. Plus, it well explains why she didn’t have her phone on her person... if she thought she’d lost it a few days prior.

It makes the most sense to me, at least with the pieces of the puzzle we have currently. Most young people go right to the Internet whenever they need something. But they’re also smart enough to know using your own email/phone would get you busted in a hurry. Plus, it well explains why she didn’t have her phone on her person... if she thought she’d lost it a few days prior.

I believe she posted the ad. However, what makes it horrible (IMO) is that he had 3 different stories to the police...saying at first he dropped her off, then she shot herself, finally that he killed her. I think she had the pure misfortune of meeting a monster online. I'd like to see his internet history.

I’m wondering if they both agreed to die, and he didn’t follow through with killing himself. Otherwise, I’m baffled that someone would be stupid enough to answer the ad and follow through, leaving a paper trail. Or he just had the urge to kill and got lucky searching craigslist early in the morning

I'm guessing they can pull up a lot of his history. I'm tempted to do that myself.

Now, I know that SS didn't kill her, but there is not a doubt in my mind that his actions and presence in her life and what he was doing contributed to the state of mind that she was in.

Do you know Natalie?
Know heroin?
Know her ex?

I do not believe SS had that kind of power over her, that he was that central to her life, or was/is that scary. It wasn't even Natalie's idea to get a PO against him.

This dear girl had much bigger demons to battle. I disagree wholly that SS was the catalyst to an outcome that normally takes a lifetime of problems to manifest.

No one person is to blame for her suicide, not even the kid that pulled the trigger.

Do you know Natalie?
Know heroin?
Know her ex?

I do not believe SS had that kind of power over her, that he was that central to her life, or was/is that scary. It wasn't even Natalie's idea to get a PO against him.

This dear girl had much bigger demons to battle. I disagree wholly that SS was the catalyst to an outcome that normally takes a lifetime of problems to manifest.

No one person is to blame for her suicide, not even the kid that pulled the trigger.
The person who pulled the trigger isn't responsible?? Umm, how do you figure? She died from that gunshot wound, did she not??
Eta okay I reread and your said no ONE person.

I hold the shooter really rather responsible for her fatal gunshot wound, as that's how she died. If he wouldn't have shot her then presumably she would not have died from a gunshot wound that night, so...

There may be other parties who played a part in the situation and her mental state, but the person who shot her is responsible for her dying from them shooting her.

The person who pulled the trigger isn't responsible?? Umm, how do you figure? She died from that gunshot wound, did she not??

I am talking about Natalie's motive, not physical technicalities. Joe will go to prison for his participation, but he was just a weapon to her based on the facts we have. If someone hires a contract killer to kill, the person who hired them is just as, or more culpable for the outcome.
Lets consider the greater topic of assisted suicide for a moment. If I want to die because I cannot cope (and I've been there), and someone is willing to make it easy for me, I'm going to take that option. It is still my fault, their fault, probably my parent's fault, lack of money, my genes, my abuser, my boss, Trump, elephants dying in Africa and an increasing sense of existentialism, maybe an unplanned pregnancy or a drug addiction - let's not forget mental illness. Blame is an arbitrary after-effect for the courts that gives her family something to focus their rage and despair. It doesn't change the fact that Natalie was an addict with an abusive boyfriend that ultimately asked for help on Craigslist, and finally someone answered.

I am talking about Natalie's motive, not physical technicalities. Joe will go to prison for his participation, but he was just a weapon to her based on the facts we have. If someone hires a contract killer to kill, the person who hired them is just as, or more culpable for the outcome.
Lets consider the greater topic of assisted suicide for a moment. If I want to die because I cannot cope (and I've been there), and someone is willing to make it easy for me, I'm going to take that option. It is still my fault, their fault, probably my parent's fault, lack of money, my genes, my abuser, my boss, Trump, elephants dying in Africa and an increasing sense of existentialism, maybe an unplanned pregnancy or a drug addiction - let's not forget mental illness. Blame is an arbitrary after-effect for the courts that gives her family something to focus their rage and despair. It doesn't change the fact that Natalie was an addict with an abusive boyfriend that ultimately asked for help on Craigslist, and finally someone answered.
Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding. There can, of course, be multiple factors which contribute to a person's state of mind, but I believe in personal responsibility.

Like if I completed suicide with no outside help, it would be my fault. I would be to blame for my death, while others may be to blame for some of the contributing factors which impacted me, but ultimately I made the final decision for myself.

In this situation, Natalie has the utmost "blame" for her death, but the kid holds a huge amount as well for doing the actual killing. We don't know that anyone else would have if he didn't, and it's entirely possible Natalie would still be alive if he hadn't pulled the trigger. Clearly she wasn't up to doing it herself.

Do you know Natalie?
Know heroin?
Know her ex?

He was that scary to her. She was terrified of the man. Look at her text conversation with her ex. She literally tells him that she is arming herself because of how scared she is of SS and that she's afraid SS is going to abduct her and kill her. I'm going solely off of her own words.

Whose idea was it to get the PO if not hers? I've never seen any indication that she didn't want it. He harassed her and harassed her. A teenage girl. Telling her he wanted to blow his brains out on her and make her see his corpse. Even if it wasn't her idea, whoever's idea it was had the right one. To this day the man is still making videos about her and her twin, saying awful things.

I don't think SS is solely responsible for her state of mind, never claimed that, but I think it's naive to think he had nothing to do with it. A ton of factors go into it, and I think he was definitely one of them.

Next day in court is coming up. Wednesday at 9 AM.

just now reading about this interesting case
the victim posted an ad asking someone to kill her ... wow
lots to catch up on

Community raising money for family of Portsmouth teen killed in Colorado

19-year-old Natalie Bollinger spent seven years of her life in Portsmouth. She had recently moved to Colorado to be closer to family when she was shot and killed in December 2017.

Sunday, friends and family held a memorial bike ride and fundraiser. The goal is to cover travel expenses for the family so they can attend all of the court proceedings in Colorado.

I was researching a different case and came upon this article, which reminded me of this story.

Affidavit: Suspect in nail gun attack says victim asked him to kill her

"Eve said she need someone to kill her," Troy told detectives, according to a sworn affidavit filed in Lane County Circuit.

Eve's mother would later tell detectives that her daughter, struggling with mental illness, had done this before.

She had approached strangers in parks.

She had posted ads on Craigslist.

If someone hires a contract killer to kill, the person who hired them is just as, or more culpable for the outcome.
Lets consider the greater topic of assisted suicide for a moment. If I want to die because I cannot cope (and I've been there), and someone is willing to make it easy for me, I'm going to take that option... It doesn't change the fact that Natalie was an addict with an abusive boyfriend that ultimately asked for help on Craigslist, and finally someone answered.

These are interesting moral issues, especially as there is strong support for assisted suicide under various circumstances. However, where it has been legalized, there must be a doctor who agrees that the person cannot be helped any further by the healthcare or mental health support systems (and they must have been actively following treatment plans in the past, which haven't worked). The theory is, as well, that the assisted suicide is not being done for profit, but for mercy.

I would say a suicidal person is always considered a victim, either of their own depression/suicidal thoughts, or of circumstances like a terminal illness. Survival is a profoundly strong basic human instinct, the desire to die signals that person is deeply troubled. I don't believe it is appropriate under any circumstances to blame the victim.

This guy was interested in killing someone, not in assisting Natalie. He certainly was under no compulsion to answer her ad, or go through with her bizarre request. Any decent human would have taken her to the hospital, or at least told her to get help. Instead, I think he murdered her. Her cooperation, IMO, doesn't make any difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back