GUILTY CO - Paige Birgfeld, 34, Grand Junction, 28 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Paige Birgfeld's story is scheduled to air tonight on 48 Hours Mystery at 9:00 PM CST. It's a repeat, first aired in 2008, but I thought perhaps some of you may be interested.

There have been unconfirmed reports that Paige's body has been found.

I've seen a few of those "rumor" articles online but while searching for something of value, found this article which apparently is current - so I'm curious if there is any truth to the "rumor"?

MCSO: Lester Ralph Jones is a "Person of Interest"

The Mesa County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that Lester Ralph Jones, the man who lives at a residence that has been searched twice in connection with the disappearance of Paige Birgfeld is a 'person of interest' in her disappearance. Sheriff's Office Deputies have previously stated they suspect foul play.

On Wednesday, agents with the CBI and Mesa County Sheriff's Deputies searched a Fruitvale home for the second time since her disappearance.

Jones was arrested on a Domestic Violence case in 1999. Jones previously plead guilty to assault with a deadly weapon, violent crime where a weapon was used, and kidnapping. He spent time in prison from 1999 to 2001 with the Colorado Department of Corrections. He was released into a work release program in Mesa County. For less than a year Jones was under intensive supervised parole and then went under regular parole in 2003. Jones completed his parole in 2005.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/8627107.html

I've seen a few of those "rumor" articles online but while searching for something of value, found this article which apparently is current - so I'm curious if there is any truth to the "rumor"?

MCSO: Lester Ralph Jones is a "Person of Interest"

The Mesa County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that Lester Ralph Jones, the man who lives at a residence that has been searched twice in connection with the disappearance of Paige Birgfeld is a 'person of interest' in her disappearance. Sheriff's Office Deputies have previously stated they suspect foul play.

On Wednesday, agents with the CBI and Mesa County Sheriff's Deputies searched a Fruitvale home for the second time since her disappearance.

Jones was arrested on a Domestic Violence case in 1999. Jones previously plead guilty to assault with a deadly weapon, violent crime where a weapon was used, and kidnapping. He spent time in prison from 1999 to 2001 with the Colorado Department of Corrections. He was released into a work release program in Mesa County. For less than a year Jones was under intensive supervised parole and then went under regular parole in 2003. Jones completed his parole in 2005.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/8627107.html

So I guess LRJ's house has been searched just as recently as Wednesday?

I wonder if they found anything or if he confessed to where her body is.

So I guess LRJ's house has been searched just as recently as Wednesday?

I wonder if they found anything or if he confessed to where her body is.
I used Google to search and it said 16 hours ago that article was posted. When I watched "48 Hours" last night, there weren't any updates on new developments; but the timing of the Jones search and these online "rumors" seem to be more than coincidental, imo. Yet there are no reports of him being arrested, so I'm still confused!

I used Google to search and it said 16 hours ago that article was posted. When I watched "48 Hours" last night, there weren't any updates on new developments; but the timing of the Jones search and these online "rumors" seem to be more than coincidental, imo. Yet there are no reports of him being arrested, so I'm still confused!

maybe "48 Hours" tapes their shows months or weeks in advance?

Sheriff's Office dispels Internet rumors that Paige Birgfeld's body has been found​
The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office says Internet rumors claiming the body of missing Grand Junction mother Paige Birgfeld has been found are false.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/89469172.html

maybe "48 Hours" tapes their shows months or weeks in advance?

I already deleted it from my Tivo, but I thought this 48 hrs. was a repeat?? I watched it again but I didn't feel like there was any new info.

ETA: Big duh, I see someone else said it is a repeat. AFAIK if there are significant updates they would most likely do another add-on to this show (or maybe a whole new one!), more minor updates they seem to add at the end in the written blurbs.

Never heard of Paige's case, but I am now watching her on Disappeared on ID. Praying for Paige and her family.

MSNBC ran a special about Paige today called "The Secret Life of a Soccer Mom". It's so sad that there's no breaks in her case..and her family (who they interviewed for the show) is waiting for answers every day. :(

Bumping for you Paige. I hope that you're safe and happy, wherever you are.

I learned about Paige from a friend, that was friends of hers on a message board.... I remember how distraught she was, and they had never met IRL. I have nothing to offer, just thought I'd bump her up.... I wish someone would start talking, its been too long.

Updated: 6:21 PM May 4, 2011

UPDATED: Officials wrap up field search in Birgfeld case

The Sheriff's Office has finished searching a field near 23 Road and I-70 for evidence related to the Paige Birgfeld case.

It's unknown if they found anything of interest. Officials do tell us however, some bone fragments were taken for further study to determine if they are human or animal.

11 News will have more information as it becomes available

read more:http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headl...in_connection_to_Birgfeld_case_121260489.html

Missing woman search resumes

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Near the end of a six-hour search over ground that was covered nearly four years ago in the disappearance of Grand Junction mother Paige Birgfeld, something caught someone’s eye.

A line of a dozen searchers stomping east abruptly stopped and stared. Several gathered around Mesa County Sheriff’s Sgt. Henry Stoffel as he poked at a white, dime-shaped object sitting in the caked dirt west of 23 Road and a stone’s throw south of Interstate 70.

“It’s a rock,” Stoffel announced Wednesday with a tired grin.

They pressed on along the barren ground, which was home to more prairie dog mounds than vegetation.

Stoffel declined comment when asked if anything of interest to Birgfeld’s case was found Wednesday. Nor would he reveal what prompted a group of investigators, search-and-rescue volunteers and representatives of the Mesa County Coroner’s office to search two fields, stretching west roughly a quarter mile from 23 Road, north of Logos Court.

They started around 8 a.m. and wrapped up around 2 p.m

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/missing_woman_search_resumes/

Updated: 6:32 PM May 5, 2011

Friend of Paige Birgfeld speaks out about new developments

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) Andrea Land says she wants to set the record straight about her dear friend Paige Birgfeld.

"I had this bittersweet sadness knowing that Paige wasn't going to be there with her kids for Mother's Day and they weren't going to have their mom for Mother's Day," says Land.

This weekend will mark the third Mother's Day since Paige disappeared June 28, 2007. Andrea says she'll always be grateful for being able to talk with Paige just hours before she went missing.

A short time later her car was discovered burned-out in a Grand Junction field. Four years later, new developments have renewed investigators' interest in the area. Investigators took bone fragments from the property Monday

http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/...ks_out_about_new_developments__121359134.html

Birgfeld's Father Not Optimistic About New Search Efforts'It's Encouraging... But, I Can't Say I'm Terribly Optimistic'

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. -- Sheriff's deputies plan to return to the area that they were searching on Wednesday in connection with the 2007 disappearance of Paige Birgfeld.

Earlier this week, they pulled a few bone fragments for analysis from the vacant property on 23 Road after searching for hours. "Our main focus is definitely to find Paige and to bring someone to justice for that," Heather Benjamin with the Mesa County Sheriff's Office said.

New developments in Paige's disappearance forced investigators to return to the site where her burnt-out car was found almost four years ago. "We will see more searching in the future whether that's tomorrow or next week, or next month. I don't know the exact dates right now but that will occur," Benjamin added.

Friends and family close to Paige hope investigators find something in their dug-out holes. But, her father doesn't want to get his hopes up just yet.

http://www.kjct8.com/news/27796319/detail.html

Investigators out again today in Birgfeld evidence search

Searchers this morning spent nearly four hours covering two fields looking for evidence in the 2007 disappearance of Paige Birgfeld.

The effort was the second this week focused in the general area of 23 Road and Logos Court, just south of Interstate 70.

Seven Mesa County Sheriff’s Department investigators initially focused today on a field just south of Rocky Mountain Sanitation, a business located at 721 23 Road. The search ended around 10:15 a.m., before moving to another field north and west of the locations searched for six hours Wednesday along Logos Court.

The effort was suspended for the day around 11:45 a.m.

http://www.gjsentinel.com/breaking/...-out-again-today-in-birgfeld-evidence-search/

Posted: 12:04 PM May 6, 2011

Searchers back at field for Birgfeld evidence

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - The search was back on Friday morning. 11 News drove by the area that was searched Wednesday for evidence in the disappearance of Paige Birgfeld.

Friday, it was a smaller group of about seven, and they were searching a little to the north of the field off of Logos Court

http://www.nbc11news.com/news/headl..._for_Birgfeld_evidence_121398404.html?ref=404

bumping for Paige... another year nearly gone by....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back