Found Deceased CO - Pamela Mae Buckley, 23, Colorado Springs, Dec 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s seems strange she is listed as deceased on her parents obits and her husband is a widow, although he could have married again and this is in reference to that marriage. Not long to find out.
Gary did remarry and has a daughter. His wife died a few years ago.

I sent an email months ago when I saw it. Sumter has been identified and press release is today. We will know soon enough. With the correction of Wisconsin to Minnesota I feel pretty positive it is her.

Familysearch gives Pamela Mae Buckley's date of birth as December 16, 1951 which means that on December 1st, 1975 she would still be 23, the age listed on NamUs. If we are correct and the photos that were just posted are of Pamela Mae Buckley, then we can confirm that she went on a west coast tour with her band in 1971. It's four years until 1975, but Colorado is a west coast state. What bugs me is the fact that NamUs says that she was last seen by family in Colorado Springs, so did she have family members living there? Because the rest of her family is from Redwood (Redwood Falls), Minnesota.

I think we may be onto something here. It could be beneficial if someone contacted the Investigator assigned to this case, but only his phone number is given on NamUs. I can't call, because I'm from Europe. Bummer, I wish I had his email adress.

I think this is definitely her. The face shape, the eye shape, the nose, the teeth, its way too close.

I believe that she does have those moles, but either they are not picked up in the photos or barely picked up (in one it doesn't even look like she has eyebrows due to image quality), or she possibly covered them with makeup. I can seemingly make out the bigger mole in this photo. Its right where it would be when smiling.
They do look a lot alike. What about the spacing on the eyes? Pam's eyes look more widely spaced to me, but it's pretty difficult to compare pictures of a living person with morgue photos. I'm 50/50 on whether Jane is Pam.

They do look a lot alike. What about the spacing on the eyes? Pam's eyes look more widely spaced to me, but it's pretty difficult to compare pictures of a living person with morgue photos. I'm 50/50 on whether Jane is Pam.
During autopsy the skull is opened. When closed, the face gets a facelift of sorts. The pictures before autopsy are more reliable.

Why wouldn’t her close knit family provide a missing person photo though?
Namus is not required to place all missing persons. Only 9 states are legally obliged. Many cold case detectives across the country are adding these now. Some cases are so old they barely have any information in their file.

I just said this yesterday. There should be some non profit group to help out and update the accuracy and find pictures, etc.

I’m 50/50 too. Things seem to correlate, but I’ve seen other UID cases where looks, circumstances, and everything seemed right—but it wasn’t the right person.

Even if Pamela is not SC Jane Doe, we still managed to shed a lot of light on her case and that's a really great thing and it makes me really happy. Seems like Pamela had so much life in her and it was all cut short by her sudden disappearance.

Now Pamela and James are not missing anymore. They are now a Cold Case with active investigation
I'm sure glad they were identified.

James P. Freund doesn't seem to have a presence online so far as I can tell. The press conference made it sound like he had been reported missing at some point. I'll be interested to hear the details on that.

I'm sure glad they were identified.

James P. Freund doesn't seem to have a presence online so far as I can tell. The press conference made it sound like he had been reported missing at some point. I'll be interested to hear the details on that.

Unfortunately, a lot of old missing persons reports are not entered online. Some states are in the process of doing so, which is probably how Pamela ended up in Namus. It’s too bad they didn’t (or couldn’t) specify that she was originally from Minnesota, as she would have been identified sooner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff
Back