Found Deceased CO - Pamela Mae Buckley, 23, Colorado Springs, Dec 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's on the first page on this thread. 3rd post. I didn't check it myself tho.
Also, I get where you're going with it, but then: she's been missing since December 1975. There must be something up with these dates.
Edit: He divorced her August 20. Sumter Does were found dead August 9. But how can you divorce a person who went missing just 9 month earlier?

I think for now we should leave Gary alone.

Definitely. Even if her identity is confirmed then I hope nobody badgers him. He may or may not want to share information.

When I saw the name of the husband I Googled it and clicked Images. I didn't necessarily expect to see anything. But then there's a time frame photo of a guy wearing a hat and who immediately reminded me of the guy at left in the photo I'd seen here 10 minutes earlier. Given all the other research in this thread I felt it should be mentioned.

Oh dear, it might be him. But, not trying to offend anyone, I think a lot of guys looked like the guy on the left back then. The more hair you have, the harder it's to recognize you. Could be Gary, could be another coincidence. It would help to actually find an article with the names of the band stated, but I personally couldn't find anything.

upload_2021-1-21_11-56-49.jpeg

Also, Andreee, I don't want you to think that I'm just disregarding and shutting down your theory. I just know that we're not supposed to sleuth people who are alive and not confirmed to have something to do with missing people, so I don't want anyone to go and message him or something.
Right! I did go back and edit what I said though ;) Also, it will be interesting if this does turn out to be the JD, how the various extensive searches by so many people didn't put 'two and two' together and come up with this P.B. IF it turns out to be a match! I know I tried, lol, and got way off base with the Quebec possible connection, being a Canadian myself. But it led nowhere.

Just later I realized that she was married at the time. Maybe the "family" was actually her husband. Or some family members were visting and she went missing later, but they gave December 1st ast the last date they seen her alive and well. But then, why Pam and Gary were divorced in August 1976? Who granted him the divorce if she was missing? Was it because she abandoned him? Wasn't he a suspect? Are we right about the divorce? Lots of questions to be answered.
I divorced my ex husband through public notification and our divorce wasn’t considered final until close to a year later. So even though I started proceedings in like April 2003 my divorce decree says Dec of 2003. I believe divorces go on a state by state basis and I’m sure the laws have changed a lot since the 70s

Definitely. Even if her identity is confirmed then I hope nobody badgers him. He may or may not want to share information.

When I saw the name of the husband I Googled it and clicked Images. I didn't necessarily expect to see anything. But then there's a time frame photo of a guy wearing a hat and who immediately reminded me of the guy at left in the photo I'd seen here 10 minutes earlier. Given all the other research in this thread I felt it should be mentioned.
I hope no one contacts any of her family. That’s exactly why they keep on staying tight lipped on identifying does because the extremist start contacting their families. I have always believed if the family wants contact they will make it

She actually has quite a bit of family in Colorado!
Just later I realized that she was married at the time. Maybe the "family" was actually her husband. Or some family members were visting and she went missing later, but they gave December 1st ast the last date they seen her alive and well. But then, why Pam and Gary were divorced in August 1976? Who granted him the divorce if she was missing? Was it because she abandoned him? Wasn't he a suspect? Are we right about the divorce? Lots of questions to be answered.

I found another link that verifies the three names from "Sunlending." Instead of Googling I came to my big picture senses and realized the most likely source was a source we already knew of. Sure enough, the same University of Minnesota Morris Digital Collections link that supplied the photo of the trio also had an advertisement on a different page. Scroll down slightly to view the advertisement within the box at bottom right:

VANv11iss19p09001

I found another link that verifies the three names from "Sunlending." Instead of Googling I came to my big picture senses and realized the most likely source was a source we already knew of. Sure enough, the same University of Minnesota Morris Digital Collections link that supplied the photo of the trio also had an advertisement on a different page. Scroll down slightly to view the advertisement within the box at bottom right:

VANv11iss19p09001
yes and the admission this time is $2 rather than 1 :)

I'm just getting caught up on this thread... I wholeheartedly agree with you all, after seeing the correct pictures of Pam, that there is an uncanny resemblance between her and the Sumter Co. Jane Doe. What a striking woman. Sounds like she was a bright and talented musician, too.

I am so sorry to hear that Pam's parents are deceased and therefore didn't get closure when it came to knowing what happened to their daughter. That must have been extremely difficult for them through the years. I'm sure it weighed heavily on the ex-husband as well, despite any issues they had towards the end of their marriage.

Everyone here who hunted down all this information, scoured yearbooks and marriage records, etc. should be extremely proud of all their hard work, even if SC Jane Doe turns out not to be Pam. Frankly, seeing these pictures of her, and learning of the update that Jane Doe was actually from Minnesota, not Wisconsin, I am officially convinced now that Pam and Jane Doe are one and the same. But of course I'm aware that could all just be a coincidence. (Impatiently) waiting for tomorrow's announcement...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abbytross
Back