DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note re: scheduled race:

"Pelican Fest Triathlon

Dear Race Participants,

I feel it important and necessary to alert those of you who may not have heard about yesterdays news report about a man who was shot and killed while riding his bicycle in Windsor. At the end of this email is a link to the story.

I'm very concerned about this situation and how it may effect the safety of all of you on Saturday. Especially with the addition of a kids triathlon this year. I will be in contact with the Windsor Police Department and the Weld County Sheriffs about the situation and what they can offer.*

I will keep you all updated on what I learn and my thoughts on the race moving forward."

www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/05/18/cyclist-fatally-shot-windsor/27552711/ "

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=746850038767900&id=132001243586119&__tn__=*s

"The FBI has joined police in Windsor in their investigation into the fatal shooting Monday morning of a 48-year-old man slain as he rode his bike on a normally quiet county road.

John Jacoby, a part-time park caretaker who was a well-known, long-time fixture in the community, was found dead on Weld County Road 15 at about 10 a.m. Monday. Officials say he was peddling northbound on the unassuming two-lane highway lined with farmland when he was gunned down.

Windsor police issued a news release on Tuesday saying their investigation is ongoing and that they have notified area law enforcement agencies of the case.

"The public has been helping in responding with tips and the Windsor Police Department is following up on any information received," the release said.

Police did not say why federal agents are now assisting in their investigation.

"As far as our role, the FBI is providing assistance in the capacity Windsor (police) feels is needed," said Special Agent Amy Sanders, spokeswoman for the FBI's Denver office. "We are not providing additional details at this time as it is an ongoing, active investigation."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...icyclists-fatal-shooting?source=hot-topic-bar

"There's so many people in town who know who he was," Jan Ayres, who lives in the same apartment complex as Jacoby did, said Tuesday. "It's shocking. I just don't see how there would be any way that anybody would deliberately take him out. There is just no way."

Ayres said the shooting happened roughly a mile from their affordable housing complex. She said Jacoby would ride his bike everywhere, including to his other part-time job at a nearby King Soopers.

"We're all scared," said Ayres. "I'm scared to death."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...icyclists-fatal-shooting?source=hot-topic-bar

"There's so many people in town who know who he was," Jan Ayres, who lives in the same apartment complex as Jacoby did, said Tuesday. "It's shocking. I just don't see how there would be any way that anybody would deliberately take him out. There is just no way."

Ayres said the shooting happened roughly a mile from their affordable housing complex. She said Jacoby would ride his bike everywhere, including to his other part-time job at a nearby King Soopers.

"We're all scared," said Ayres. "I'm scared to death."

What are ya thinking magz?

What are ya thinking magz?

That its 5:00 somewhere...here actually! :drink:

I like my new nickname :heart:

We'll see what news comes out in the following days. Hopefully there will not be any more shooting incidents. I have family (and me lol) all over these roads right now. And even if I didn't, still...
I hope they find this person(s), and fast. I anxiously await any and all updates from LE.

I wonder about the possible perp, assuming a serial shooter...is he young, middle age, older? Military background? Nutjobs like this seem to come in all shapes and sizes...

Lets see what the FBI says--not sure how much info they will give us, if any...

What were the light and wind conditions during the time of the various incidents?

While the FBI is in the area, maybe they can try to try to catch the lowlife that is planting poisoned meatballs in dog parks and people's yards:

Link in progress (guess who started that thread, lol)

Eta: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Find-The-Person(s)-Poisoning-Dogs-in-Colorado (looking back I can see the formatting in my posts are much better over there while on a better device---either that, or I'm becoming lazy which is likely...)

(*note to self, pm mod to change thread title over there, that title sucks)

What were the light and wind conditions during the time of the various incidents?

Great question FHG. Re: the confirmed shootings, the first shooting, iirc, was at night. The second shooting was in the day, 10am, iirc. That's all I recall. We can check wunderground I think for weather conditions on Wednesday, April 22 and Monday May 18th, 2015.

Wouldn't that be cool if we could help solve the case with the FBI :biggrin: Man, how I'd like to be a fly on THEIR WALL right now...

So, any other similar suspicious incidents that occurred a while back, before the woman was shot in the neck, that we do not know about yet?

I was wondering the same thing!

I'm going to guess the other six instances of the shattered windows (16/22) are "undetermined"? Or worse? Yikes.

What about rubber bullets...maybe the perp started off with something like that for test purposes then escalated...but wouldn't they find those rubber bullets or whatever they could be? Maybe A RETURN TO ALL OF THE UNDETERMINED "SHATTERED" LOCATIONS" needs to occur....I saw on a photo a metal detector iirc...what about rubber detectors? :biggrin: ....(I wouldn't want that job--haha get it, british word for condom lmao---and the sad thing is they are probably all over the sides of the roads :eek:)

I'm not a gun expert...we need one here.

Eta: link to general info about rubber bullets on wiki fwiw:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_bullet

*This is what I love about this place, I get to learn something new everyday.

What about a BB gun ? BBs are pretty small and could have been overlooked.

The shooter also could have been in a vehicle, moving or stationary, when the shots were fired.

The shooter also could have been in a vehicle, moving or stationary, when the shots were fired.

I would guess this is the most likely scenario, as opposed to being out in the open space, and possbily at a farther distance....how good of a shot is this guy I wonder...the FBI should know by now whether they think it was from a vehicle or not...hopefully they will tell us...

Eta: I know they will keep a lot close to the vest, but if the more information they release to the public, say possible vehicle description, the better.

I wonder if any traffic cameras can be of any use. LE would be looking at this. But out on the rural roads, there might not be any...maybe a storefront camera miraculously captured a vehicle passing....it takes time and work to collect and analyze surveillance footage, if it even exists. The good thing is that the FBI is on this fast so if there is footage, hopefully they can obtain it before it is deleted.

Just brainstorming, thinking out of the box for a minute, what if they are connected, but not necessarily random, meaning someone follows them then shoots them...just bringing this to the table as a list of possibilities.

*This scenario could be equally plausible even if they are not related, I suppose..."targeted incidents", either collectively or non.

It would be interesting to read some different FBI, etc profiles on snipers and serial shooters...Not the James Holmes kind, but perhaps the shooters who target individuals in separate incidents...

Is this shooter patient? If there is even a serial shooter? Argh, I hate speculating with no info but I'm dying to start trying to profile this person IF there is a serial shooter. And if there is not a serial shooter, who shot John?

If it is confirmed that there is one, I'm calling Foxfire in! Shoot, I might just holler at Foxfire anyway just in case!

Man that triathlon is going to have so much so LE its going to be like secret service in a Denzel Washington movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills