CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Footwarrior, was/is orange the color of the vehicles used for County Road Maintenance or CODOT vehicles in the 1970s, if you know?

If I recall correctly they were orange back then. I believe that BNSF also likes orange trucks for railroad maintenance work. One of this vintage would have been auctioned off years ago.

If I recall correctly they were orange back then. I believe that BNSF also likes orange trucks for railroad maintenance work. One of this vintage would have been auctioned off years ago.

Would the big black primed square possibly be covering an old logo? Thank you. So great to have your eyes on this, as well as other WSers who are there in NOCO.

if this truck is registered in Colorado then they should be able to track it down fairly easily...maybe it's not registered?...and, somebody has been keeping this 40+ year old vehicle road-worthy so ...perhaps they have already checked with mechanics in the area...auto shops, etc...how about the race track?...maybe the guy is a mechanic himself...

Would the big black primed square possibly be covering an old logo? Thank you. So great to have your eyes on this, as well as other WSers there in NOCO.

Possibly FindHG, or due to a recent decision by the owner/operator of the truck to repair dents in preparation to repaint it a different color for deflection....

Possibly FindHG, or due to a recent decision by the owner/operator of the truck to repair dents in preparation to repaint it a different color for deflection....

You'd want to keep an old car like that on the road either by choice or necessity, don't you think, Foxfire? Considering the shooter has time and resources to carry on this way, it may indicate the pickup being kept road worthy by choice, which may mean the car received care from the shooter, if not perhaps the people around him as much, may be a fair guess to make, I suppose?

Thanks everyone for the breaking news.

I am so glad LE released the sketch too. I wonder if LE has exhausted all their avenues at trying to track down the truck themselves first because I was thinking the same thing that now the perp could just repaint the truck.

LE is hoping someone will recognize whoever owned it even if the owner repaints it now.

This is the pickle LE gets into sometimes with releasing info. The good news is anybody repainting it cant change the model so the public and painting shops like Maaco can be on the lookout for that model if its been painted all of a sudden or recently in the past.

You'd want to keep an old car like that on the road either by choice or necessity, don't you think, Foxfire? Considering the shooter has time and resources to carry on this way, it may indicate the pickup being kept road worthy by choice, which may mean the car received care from the shooter, if not perhaps the people around him as much, may be a fair guess to make, I suppose?

Yep, FindHG.. or necessity.. Guessing, the shooter may have had access to multiple vehicles. I bet the task force's phone is ringing off the hook about now. That $20,000.00 reward is looking better to someone by now..
There has been over 2085 shares on the 7 News FB Page Article..
https://www.facebook.com/DenverChan...271?comment_id=10153100223803271&notif_t=like

Thanx for sharing, Forager.. Surely it didn't take a week to draw a sketch of a pick up truck.. Imo, the negative reaction to the task force's four page Letter is likely why the vehicle of interest description/sketch is being released. I am just glad that the task force is finally utilizing their most valuable investigative resource; the American public..

Set your clocks folks.. I am confident that the owner/operator of the vehicle of interest of the June 3/2015 shooting will be identified in less than 36 hours, prolly much less.. Hopefully they will then be tied to the other north CO shootings and murder cases...
jmo

I wouldnt at all be surprised if they havent already received a lot of calls regarding that truck in the last couple hours. That is a pretty distinctive truck. I am guessing that the reason it wasn't released earlier was because the task force was trying to locate it themselves via researching registrations, etc. That way they could do it without tipping off the owner that they were on to him. Then they could put that truck under surveillance and perhaps catch him with the actual firearms. Once he is alerted that they are looking for him, the shooter may dispose of the firearms. Lets hope he is identified and located quickly.

Thanx for sharing, Forager.. Surely it didn't take a week to draw a sketch of a pick up truck.. Imo, the negative reaction to the task force's four page Letter is likely why the vehicle of interest description/sketch is being released. I am just glad that the task force is finally utilizing their most valuable investigative resource; the American public..

Set your clocks folks.. I am confident that the owner/operator of the vehicle of interest of the June 3/2015 shooting will be identified in less than 36 hours, prolly much less.. Hopefully they will then be tied to the other north CO shootings and murder cases...
jmo

Putting his money down! Any others takers? Paypal and major credit cards accepted.

Regarding the orange color, it could be that orange was not its original color, and that is why LE was unable to locate an owner based off of registrations or title. Its also possible that the truck has been used a farm/ranch vehicle for a while and thus has no current registration.

if this truck is registered in Colorado then they should be able to track it down fairly easily...maybe it's not registered?...and, somebody has been keeping this 40+ year old vehicle road-worthy so ...perhaps they have already checked with mechanics in the area...auto shops, etc...how about the race track?...maybe the guy is a mechanic himself...

Those darkened areas almost do look like they may have been covering up previous advertising paint work that somone may have painted on to advertise their business. Or race decals or something. They would be in the right place for race decals or other advertising.

Would the big black primed square possibly be covering an old logo? Thank you. So great to have your eyes on this, as well as other WSers there in NOCO.

Whatever our guy's head problems, I was taking him for a disciplined practitioner of a set of operating principles that were helping to keep him invisible. Driving a pink polka-dotted antique doesn't fit that.

I vote for the primer covering repair work. I think logos would be on a door panel or tailgate. I wonder if our shooter is prepping to paint it?

Regarding the orange color, it could be that orange was not its original color, and that is why LE was unable to locate an owner based off of registrations or title. Its also possible that the truck has been used a farm/ranch vehicle for a while and thus has no current registration.

Around here most of the farms have farm trucks. They are usually older, lots of mileage, may not look pretty BUT the farms usually keep them running the best they can. A lot of the farm trucks aren't registered if they are only used in the fields.

I vote for the primer covering repair work. I think logos would be on a door panel or tailgate. I wonder if our shooter is prepping to paint it?

due to a recent decision by the owner/operator of the truck to repair dents in preparation to repaint it a different color for deflection....

RSBM

Thank you, SQ, for sharing your view on this. What you state in combination with Foxfire's suggestion, may indicate that the black primer was newish and may possibly have been covering a string of practice bullet holes even or something in an odd pattern I can't make any sense of. I see on that wonderful detailed old school sketch, I take to be from an eyewitness account that was called in last week and others canvased by LE according to Mr. Moore's answers during the PC, that there's rust over the wheel well that hasn't been primed. So, what you both say makes great sense to me, that the pickup may have been prepped for a new coat of paint. I'm out of my league here on the details of bodywork, but isn't there another reddish layer that has to go on, then dries and gets smoothed down before the paint goes on?

Where would the gas tank be on that truck?...I would think it would be somewhere in the big black square...but IDK...

FindHG.... The reddish layer is bondo. It's used to repair small dents or rust spots. Bondo would go under the primer.
Searching...according to DH the gas cap would be either right by the drivers door, higher than the door handle, or in the square of primer depending on the year of the truck.
( Just wanted to clarify I am in NY not Colorado. )

FindHG.... The reddish layer is bondo. It's used to repair small dents or rust spots. Bondo would go under the primer.
Searching...according to DH the gas cap would be either right by the drivers door, higher than the door handle, or in the square of primer depending on the year of the truck.
( Just wanted to clarify I am in NY not Colorado. )

Oh, very interesting, thank you, even if you are in NY (sorry bout that, you make so much sense, it's like you're there :)). Thanks for clarifying about the bondo as well. Is there any significance to the gas tank being painted over? Do they wear out quicker than other parts of these pickups or anomalous, like a previous accident?

There has been over 2,000 shares of the Pick Up Truck Sketch article on the 7 News FB Page Article.. 'WOW'! Amazing Awareness, imo..
https://www.facebook.com/DenverChan...788271?comment_id=10153100223803271¬if_t=like

Orange pickup truck may be linked to 2 Loveland shootings, Northern Colorado task force says

Kim Nguyen
10:45 AM, Jun 23, 2015
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ootings-new-info-to-be-released-by-task-force

I do believe you're right, Foxfire, it is just a matter of time before somebody recognizes it, if not already, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop