CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any mention of a license plate on this truck? ie, was there a plate? if so was it a Colorado plate?

PrairieWind, I posted an Official Release by the NOCO Task Force PIO. It was later deleted unless someone has a screen shot. It advised of what to do if the VOI was spotted by a citizen. The bulletin asked for the citizen to get the license plate info including the state of origin if possible.

Are you asking about camper shells that could enclose the bed? Yes those exist. My Dad had one on his old chevy truck. I actually had thought about that earlier when i remembered someone (was it Cori Romero?) mention something about a reddish SUV. Could the truck have had a shell on it that made it appear to look more like a suburban at a quick glance? The shell could have been recently removed, especially if the owner is/was preparing to paint it.

I'm thinking that it was a black SUV in CR's incident..But sometimes my memory is as faded as the old VOI's paint job..

Many times cagey psychopaths will attempt to disguise their vehicles used in their unthinkable crimes..and many times they are very effective.. Although there are many examples of this, the Israel Keys case comes to mind..

In the Samantha Koenig abduction, unsub; IK's truck was caught on the Home Depot security camera the night of the abduction:

<sniped & BBM>

&#8220;Every lead led us nowhere. It was tough. Tough.&#8221;

Investigators, for instance, learn the make and model of the truck used in the abduction, a white 2004 Chevrolet three-quarter-ton extended cab heavy-duty pickup, and check all 750 vehicles in the city that fit the description.

They look at Israel Keyes&#8217; truck, twice, but eliminate it as a possibility both times because of the extensive tool boxes, racks and other gear in the bed. It looks like a contractor&#8217;s truck, they reason, and nothing like the pickup in the Koenig abduction. They never talk to Keyes
. AK Serial Killer Israel Keyes had went on a cruise after Samantha Koenig's murder. Her frozen body was in the storage shed only feet from the truck..

SPECIAL REPORT: When the killing ended: The capture of Israel Keyes
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20121209/NEWS02/312090023/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?220900-Israel-Keyes-General-Discussion/page4

Dh and I were just talking about a cap for the truck. Great minds and all that, lol.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS "VEHICLE OF INTEREST" IN NORTHERN COLORADO SHOOTINGS?
By Michael Roberts, WestWorld, Wed, JUNE 24th, '15, from 2 hrs ago

[...]

"have been able to develop what they believe to be a depiction of a vehicle of interest based on several interviews and canvasses during the investigation," the LCSO reveals.

[...]
reposting another version of pickup from here for reference:

peach pickup .jpg

5 things to know about Northern Colorado shooting probe
Jason Pohl, of The Coloradoan,
4:03 pm mdt June 23, '15

asks and answers the following questions.

"Are these attacks random?
I didn&#8217;t think this sort of thing happened here?
I heard it was a sniper, right?
What about those shattered windows on the highway?
So who is in charge?"

If I get time this evening I may go back and see what Cori said about that vehicle. Of course, she didn't say a shot came from that vehicle, only that she remembered it being there next to her somewhere.

Those caps/camper shells are pretty easy to put on and take off. So that is something that could be used to help disguise the vehicle. It could also be a place that gave a shooter (someone seperate from the driver) a place to work from without being too obvious.

If I get time this evening I may go back and see what Cori said about that vehicle. Of course, she didn't say a shot came from that vehicle, only that she remembered it being there next to her somewhere.

Those caps/camper shells are pretty easy to put on and take off. So that is something that could be used to help disguise the vehicle. It could also be a place that gave a shooter (someone seperate from the driver) a place to work from without being too obvious.

Her exact quote and others about the various incidents are part of the case spreadsheet and linked on the map, here as well.

https://www.facebook.com/DenverChan...788271?comment_id=10153100223803271¬if_t=like
2500 Shares on the TV7 Denver article/Facebook

Just saw a segment on Fox News/Fox & Friends about the VOI in the NOCO Sniper Investigation. Gone National again.. A Salute to the NOCO Shooter Task Force for utilizing their most valuable investigative resource; 'An Aware Citizenry'..via social media/ms media..

Colorado Police Hunting for Highway Shooter Release Pickup Truck Sketch <NBC>
by ERIK ORTIZ

This is a wanted pick-up truck.

Authorities in northern Colorado investigating a string of fatal roadside shootings have released a sketch of a "vehicle of interest" that may have been involved in some of the attacks.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...y-shooter-release-pickup-truck-sketch-n380501

From your news citation, from NBCNEWS, Foxfire, and Forager you may want to take note of it for the spreadsheet.

"Donna Sharp says her rental car was hit by a bullet while driving on a Larimer County, Colorado, highway on April 25."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...y-shooter-release-pickup-truck-sketch-n380501
Donna Sharp's picture.png

What you state bellow is chilling.

Respectfully briefed:

They look at Israel Keyes&#8217; truck, twice, but eliminate it as a possibility both times because of the extensive tool boxes, racks and other gear in the bed. It looks like a contractor&#8217;s truck, they reason, and nothing like the pickup in the Koenig abduction. They never talk to Keyes[/B]. AK Serial Killer Israel Keyes had went on a cruise after Samantha Koenig's murder. Her frozen body was in the storage shed only feet from the truck..

SPECIAL REPORT: When the killing ended: The capture of Israel Keyes
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20121209/NEWS02/312090023/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?220900-Israel-Keyes-General-Discussion/page4[/QUOTE]

Her exact quote and others about the various incidents are part of the case spreadsheet and linked on the map, here as well.

From your news citation, from NBCNEWS, Foxfire, and Forager you may want to take note of it for the spreadsheet.

"Donna Sharp says her rental car was hit by a bullet while driving on a Larimer County, Colorado, highway on April 25."

View attachment 76965

What you state bellow is chilling.

Respectfully briefed:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?220900-Israel-Keyes-General-Discussion/page4
[/QUOTE]

Thanx for sharing FindHG.. In virtually every serial investigation that I have researched over the years, with very few exceptions, the proverbial ball was dropped on at least one occasion. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link...

Those caps/camper shells are pretty easy to put on and take off. So that is something that could be used to help disguise the vehicle. It could also be a place that gave a shooter (someone seperate from the driver) a place to work from without being too obvious

Exactly.

The shooter could have put the shell on it and he could have setup a tripod in the cab to get an accurate shot and nobody would have seen him.

It would look like an SUV too with a cap on it.
And it may have looked like a dark or black SUV if the windows were tinted on the Cap.

This could be the same SUV that was described if hit had a cap with tinted windows.

The caps can be taken off easily as most are mounted with clamps or bolts for easy removal. It usually takes 2 people to get it off but its possible 1 person could do it if they didnt mind it being dinged or scratched up some.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...-colorado-shooting-rewards-increase/29216559/

The Larimer County agency that doles out cash for information leading to the arrest of suspects on Tuesday upped its offer and now hopes the community and area businesses will chip in to help boost the reward even higher.

Larimer County Crime Stoppers, a nonprofit, raised its offer from $1,000 to $2,500
<snipped - read more>

The Larimer County agency that doles out cash for information leading to the arrest of suspects on Tuesday upped its offer and now hopes the community and area businesses will chip in to help boost the reward even higher.

Larimer County Crime Stoppers, a nonprofit, raised its offer from $1,000 to $2,500

TY, Foxfire, (briefed and BBM w/RSPCT)

[...]

"Right now (this case) is the top priority for us. We want to offer more," Martinez said.

[... about award fund contact]

www.stopcriminals.org or call 970-221-6868

[... and tips and information from the public]

"970-498-5595 or email taskforce@larimer.org."

By Jason Pohl The Coloradoan, 11:17 am, today

~ * ~

Off Topic about a very out of line lady. These Larimer guys don't catch a break much.

(sorry, no double u's...9neuus has an update coming up nouu on 5:00 neuus, something about experts telling us uuhat to look for...)

From your news citation, from nbcnews, foxfire, and forager you may want to take note of it for the spreadsheet.

"donna sharp says her rental car was hit by a bullet while driving on a larimer county, colorado, highway on april 25."

View attachment 76965

-------------------------

That incident is news to me, despite having occurred in April, and the photo is one of the very few that show us the impact point of the 'projectile' involved. I'll definitely put it in the spreadsheet. But I don't think I can map it; we only know that the car was hit somewhere on I-25.

From the linked NBC piece by Erik Ortiz: When I heard it, it was metal on metal," [the driver, Donna] Sharp told NBC News last week. "I kind of went into shock." When she looked around, she didn't see any other car, but is convinced the quarter-inch dent came from a bullet and not random debris.

The ping looks nice and symmetrical, suggesting that the projectile it came in relatively perpendicular to the surface it hit. That would suggest (to a rank amateur, I'll grant) a projectile coming in at 90 degrees from roadside. Since that chrome surface surface is tilted back, the 'projectile' might have been been following a somewhat downward path when it hit, as if it had been come in from a greater height than the car. (IMO only - but surely one of you must have a BB gun and an old car... .)

Dozens of Larimer trucks match one sought by cops
Nick Coltrain, Jason Pohl and Katie de la Rosa of The Coloradoan,
write on June 24, '15, that

"the haystack housing a deadly needle."

in Larimer County alone, according to the Clerk and Recorder

"found 44 pickups that match,... down to the color or without a color listed,"

[...]

"Mark Pogrebin, criminal justice director at University of Colorado Denver, called the truck "a tremendous lead" for law enforcement."

[...]

"It's related to this suspect, whether he owns it or has used it," Pogrebin said. "It might lead to a suspect or a witness. It might lead to another lead, and then another lead, and another, but then that could break the case wide open."

[...]

~ * ~

Search for Pickup Truck in Colorado Killing, Related Shooting Attempt
By ABC NEWS via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

June 24, '15, 8:24 am et

~ * ~

Task force seeks "vehicle of interest" in 2 linked Colorado shootings
No direct link so far between 2 shootings on June 3 and 2 previous attacks

By Jesse Paul, The Denver Post,
6/23/15 updated about 12 hrs ago

[...]

"The tough thing about a case like this is (that) without evidence, you're really just kind of thrashing around in the dark," Jim Davis, who was in charge of the FBI's Denver bureau from 2008 to 2011, said of random shooting investigations in general. "Anything where there is no motive, you lose the ability to go to a logical set of suspects. You're just dealing with everybody. It could be anybody at that point."

He added: "You're hoping that you catch something on a security camera, that somebody saw something. The really hard part is trying to find anything else that will tie back to the shooter."

[...]

~ * ~

I wonder if the pickup may be sold on a site like these given as an examples, not related.

-------------------------

That incident is news to me, despite having occurred in April, and the photo is one of the very few that show us the impact point of the 'projectile' involved. I'll definitely put it in the spreadsheet. But I don't think I can map it; we only know that the car was hit somewhere on I-25.

From the linked NBC piece by Erik Ortiz: When I heard it, it was metal on metal," [the driver, Donna] Sharp told NBC News last week. "I kind of went into shock." When she looked around, she didn't see any other car, but is convinced the quarter-inch dent came from a bullet and not random debris.

The ping looks nice and symmetrical, suggesting that the projectile it came in relatively perpendicular to the surface it hit. That would suggest (to a rank amateur, I'll grant) a projectile coming in at 90 degrees from roadside. Since that chrome surface surface is tilted back, the 'projectile' might have been been following a somewhat downward path when it hit, as if it had been come in from a greater height than the car. (IMO only - but surely one of you must have a BB gun and an old car... .)

<BBM for Focus & snipped from the linked NBC piece by Erik Ortiz>

When she looked around, she didn't see any other car, but is convinced the quarter-inch dent came from a bullet and not random debris.

"I feel blessed not to have gotten hit," Sharp added.

David Moore, spokesman for the Larimer County Sheriff's Office, could not immediately confirm the incident involving Sharp, but said "there has been no evidence found in any of the shattered windows incidents to indicate they were broken by a bullet."

Imo, the April 2015, shooting incident involving Sharp would indicate that the road debris explanation for the shattered auto windows was likely only a ruse to prevent the public's panic..

I just fell down the rabbit whole looking at chevy pickups by year. Lol. Hubby thinks thats a c10 based on the sketch. He's guessing a 72 or later going by the square wheel well vs round, and blah, blah , blah. ( all I heard after that was Charlie Browns teacher lol)

Probably a long shot, but I uuonder if there's a chance this vehicle has ever been on craigslist?

44 in one county! Ugh.
Well 44 out of 100k is a low percentage...and at least it means that they aren't left thrashing around in the dark...I wouldn't be surprised if they have notified those owners already and asked for their assistance in clearing their vehicle...like bringing it in...but I wonder how many there are in Weld County?...possibly border counties in Wyoming?...it's just odd to think this truck could make a fast getaway...this whole
situation is so strange ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members