CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------------------

That incident is news to me, despite having occurred in April, and the photo is one of the very few that show us the impact point of the 'projectile' involved. I'll definitely put it in the spreadsheet. But I don't think I can map it; we only know that the car was hit somewhere on I-25.

From the linked NBC piece by Erik Ortiz: When I heard it, it was metal on metal," [the driver, Donna] Sharp told NBC News last week. "I kind of went into shock." When she looked around, she didn't see any other car, but is convinced the quarter-inch dent came from a bullet and not random debris.

The ping looks nice and symmetrical, suggesting that the projectile it came in relatively perpendicular to the surface it hit. That would suggest (to a rank amateur, I'll grant) a projectile coming in at 90 degrees from roadside. Since that chrome surface surface is tilted back, the 'projectile' might have been been following a somewhat downward path when it hit, as if it had been come in from a greater height than the car. (IMO only - but surely one of you must have a BB gun and an old car... .)

Donna's incident more or less confirms the other window shattering incidents were done by a real projectile being fired at her.

Its basically the same scenerio. No car that she could see near her and the only reason her window didnt get shattered is because the projectile hit metal and made a dent instead.

It surely would have broken her glass if it hit glass.

Now heres another possibility we havent discussed I dont think.
She was adamant about hearing the "metal on metal" sound so she heard something hit her car IMO. Since she did not see another car then what if the perp is using a long range rifle and is shooting at cars from a very long distance away.

Im talking really long distance. This would explain why nobody sees another car.
Everyone who got hit would be looking generally close but not considering a very long range rifle with a scope.
Again thinking like the movie about the "hero sniper". Sniper type rifles can shoot extremely long ranges and it takes a lot of practice to get good at it.

The type of shot where someone would have to aim way above the target so as the bullet drops it ends up hitting the target from a very long ways off. Distances like 1000 yards or even 2000 yards out.

Could something like that be going on with the window shatterings and her vehicle?
It may explain why the dent in her car instead of a bullet hole in metal. The velocity at long distance would decrease quite a bit which could explain why it didnt penetrate the metal of her car.

Similarly it could explain why no projectiles are found inside the glass shattering vehicles.
At extremely long distances, its possible the projectile has lost so much speed it is just breaking the window and bouncing off into the roadway.

It would be hard for LE to find the bullets in the roadway because by the time the vehicles stop even they dont know exactly where they were when they were hit. And its not likely LE is walking back to the exact spot where the car was struck since it is not known by the driver.

44 in one county! Ugh.

Larimer county is a big place. A bit larger than Delaware by area. Neighboring Weld county is even larger in area and could have as many pickups that match the description.

Larimer county is a big place. A bit larger than Delaware by area. Neighboring Weld county is even larger in area and could have as many pickups that match the description.

As searchinGirl said, the pickup used in Mr. Connole's murder and the shooting incident reported in Loveland is a "strange" choice for an escape car, so noticeable, which as Foxfire suggested, the perp may have considered the truck untraceable after that night. There's a chance the Loveland shooting may have been within distance of a dump and switch area nearby or through desolate streets which would prevent easy detection after the shootings. Let's say the pickup was about to be painted shortly after the incident, then photographed and put up for sale, that would put it in the craigslist and used car sales listing early to late the following week, there may be a chance it seems to me, as margarita25 brought it up.

Right after the Vehicle description came out I tried searching craigslist, oodle, and a few other trucks for sale sites. THAT is like a needle in a haystack! Lol.

Ya ' know, the " faded" description of that truck has been bothering me. Vehicles fade, but I've never seen one fade THAT much, not even red. I just realized what would make a car look faded like that.....SANDING! I think the truck has been sanded. ( not helpful at all but it was bugging me. Lol)

Ya ' know, the " faded" description of that truck has been bothering me. Vehicles fade, but I've never seen one fade THAT much, not even red. I just realized what would make a car look faded like that.....SANDING! I think the truck has been sanded. ( not helpful at all but it was bugging me. Lol)
While the faded look of this truck may very well be from sanding I've seen the sun do some incredible damage to paint on cars over the years...rust however isn't as common here...

While the faded look of this truck may very well be from sanding I've seen the sun do some incredible damage to paint on cars over the years...rust however isn't as common here...

So maybe it was driven in a corrosive environment as far as the metal around the wheel well goes? I've seen old cars wear out in that area as well. What's interesting to me is why that part wasn't primed or fixed? How would a perp deal with that if he planned to sell the car? If he planned to have it crushed, than why prime it all?

You're right, the sun can do a LOT of damage to automotive paint. For some reason the faded orange just sticks out as an undercoat to me.
We have several old, beater type vehicles on our lot right now. 2 of them were red. They are faded, in some places more than others as expected. The thing that stands out to me is they are still red. There is no mistaking it. If someone was to describe them they would say they are red. Just looking at them you wouldn't really describe them as faded red. It's hard to explain, and I'm doing a horrible job. These red cars cars look like the clear coat has been gone for many years BUT they are still red. They look like I could throw some wax on them and end up with a reasonably nice red finish.
I'm not sure what I've said makes any sense, and it probably doesn't make a lot of difference why the truck look faded. Lol. Just throwing thoughts out there.

So maybe it was driven in a corrosive environment as far as the metal around the wheel well goes? I've seen old cars wear out in that area as well. What's interesting to me is why that part wasn't primed or fixed? How would a perp deal with that if he planned to sell the car? If he planned to have it crushed, than why prime it all?

Rust being uncommon is interesting. The wheel well rust not being fixed yet might mean it needs filler, it's a bigger part of the job?? Maybe this creep wanted to get primer on the spots that weren't as bad first? To keep them from getting that bad?? ( maybe I'm talking in circles?? Maybe I need to shut up? Maybe, maybe...LOL)

I think I spend too much time matching colors of icings, and fondant to weird obscure ribbon, or whatever a client brings me. I really need to broaden what I think of as "faded orange". When I look at the truck that's pulled over I see rust color.
SearchingGirl that picture is a big help. Thanks

I'm venturing into a territory where I'm certainly no expert but...at mile marker 231 on I-25 (shattering on 4/28 1/3) is Colorado National Speedway...on Saturday nights they have a tradition of racing the Trains which are 3 vehicles attached to each other...the front does the steering, the middle is in neutral, the rear does the brakes...I believe I've seen it done with trucks once, more often it's compact cars...anyway, they race in a figure 8 for 10 laps if they make it that far...they crash a lot in the middle...it's rather entertaining...adjacent to the north of the track is a huge auto salvage yard ... I can't help but think this might be a good place to look for an old beater suitable for racing trains and partially primed to improve speed even if it's a miniscule amount...

Has anybody given any thought to how noisy this truck might be?...I'm thinking loud...

<BBM for Focus & snipped from the linked NBC piece by Erik Ortiz>

When she looked around, she didn't see any other car, but is convinced the quarter-inch dent came from a bullet and not random debris.

"I feel blessed not to have gotten hit," Sharp added.

David Moore, spokesman for the Larimer County Sheriff's Office, could not immediately confirm the incident involving Sharp, but said "there has been no evidence found in any of the shattered windows incidents to indicate they were broken by a bullet."

Imo, the April 2015, shooting incident involving Sharp would indicate that the road debris explanation for the shattered auto windows was likely only a ruse to prevent the public's panic..

The above April 25/2015 shooting incident combined with the June 3/2015 near miss of another fortunate victim makes you wonder. Just how many near misses has there been by the NOCO Sniper and when was his first intended victim? If the bullet that struck CR had been only millimeters off, she could have easily become a fatality, imo. We would then be sleuthing an unknown suspect/perp defined as a serial murderer/killer..

Although the number of serial killers in the USA seem to be increasing, imo, fortunately most serial killers in training are identified and apprehended within their first or second kill before honing their skills.. The chameleon like NOCO Sniper has a well established MO/modus operandi and seems to have perfected his skills over time enabling him to remain stealth, imo.

Imo, it would be reasonable to conclude that the easily identifiable VOI/old chevy/gmc truck is not the only vehicle the NOCO Sniper/Serial Killer has in his arsenal. If so, he would have likely been identified and apprehended long ago.. jmo

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/04/another-person-shot-apparently-randomly-in-northern-colorado/

Victim Of Another Apparently Random Shooting In Northern Colorado ID&#8217;d
June 4, 2015
LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4) &#8211; Police in Northern Colorado said there is no direct link between the murder of a 65-year-old man overnight in Loveland and two apparently random shootings in the region that authorities say are connected, but there are several similarities.

Hatfield, I do think its possible that some or many of the window shatterings could be the result of someone shooting a rifle from a distance. But I don't think it would be 1000 yard range. That would take a high-power rifle. Even then, hitting a speeding target at that distance would be nearly impossible, and that type of bullet would still carry enough momentum/energy so that it would not bounce off the window, but would enter the car. Now, as has been discussed before, it could be our shooter is missing 100 times for every hit he gets. But with the cost of ammunition capable of those distances, that would get very expensive, and that many gun shots would draw some attention I think. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the shooter is firing a small caliber rifle, maybe even a .22 from perhaps a distance of 100-200 yards. That would allow him to pick a concealed location where he can easily slip away on side roads and not draw much attention. Some weaker .22 ammunition is very quiet and could perhaps bounce off the window after shattering it. I think Cori Romero's neck injury could be indicative of a .22 round that did happen to penetrate (perhaps because it was fired from up close).

I don't know what is more frightening: That the 2 Loveland shootings are done by the shooter of Romero and Jacoby and that there is a serial shooter that is that heinous and aggressive, OR that there are actually 2 lunatics driving around shooting innocent people!

I don't know what is more frightening: That the 2 Loveland shootings are done by the shooter of Romero and Jacoby and that there is a serial shooter that is that heinous and aggressive, OR that there are actually 2 lunatics driving around shooting innocent people!

or more than 2 lunatics...and if CR had been fatally wounded it's likely she would have caused a car accident on I-25 possibly injuring or killing more innocent people...stealth drones???

It is really amazing that with all the windows being shattered that there hasn't been a crash yet.

It is really amazing that with all the windows being shattered that there hasn't been a crash yet.

Or was there a crash/s due to shattered windows or windshield/s, with the cause of the accident being determined; 'due to road debris'...

just wondering...does anyone know if there is a video game that simulates this behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member