CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screencaps, as per your request, 1 of 2 posts from here: http://media.reporterherald.com/2015/06/25/photos-fbi-evidence-search/#1
CO picture # 1.png1. "FBI Evidence Response Team members take photos of evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, on 18th Street near Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Lovela..."

Co  # 2.jpg
2. "FBI Evidence Response Team members comb for evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, on 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Loveland Repo..."

CO # 3  - Edited.jpg 3. "FBI Evidence Response Team members use metal detectors and look through the grass for evidence on their hands and knees Thursday, June 25, 2015, at Allendale Park near 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force w..."

CO # 4.jpg
4. "FBI Evidence Response Team members comb through mulch for evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, at Allendale Park in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Task Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Loveland Repor."

CO # 5 - Edited.jpg 5. "FBI Evidence Response Team members comb for evidence Thursday, June 25, 2015, on 18th Street and Chelsea Drive in east Loveland. The Northern Colorado Taks Force was investigating a lead in the Loveland shootings. (Photo by JEnny Sparks/Loveland Repo..."

Grid Search screen caps continued from previous post 2 of 2: http://media.reporterherald.com/2015/06/25/photos-fbi-evidence-search/#1
CO # 6 - Edited.jpg 6. "FBI Evidence Response Team members search for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

CO # 7.png7. "FBI Evidence Response Team members search for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

CO # 8 - Edited.png
8. "AB and BL peer under police tape at Allendale Park on Thursday, June 25, 2015, while investigators search for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

CO # 9.png
9. "An FBI Evidence Response Team member searches for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."

CO  # 10  - Edited.jpg 10. "An FBI Evidence Response Team member searches for evidence tied to the recent shootings in Loveland on Thursday, June 25, 2015. (Photo by Trevor L Davis/Loveland Reporter-Herald)..."
~ * ~​

Great photos margarita25, very interesting to get a little sense of how the grid worked and the forensic sweep, as it were, neat, thank you for your request.

I think I spend too much time matching colors of icings, and fondant to weird obscure ribbon, or whatever a client brings me. I really need to broaden what I think of as "faded orange". When I look at the truck that's pulled over I see rust color.
SearchingGirl that picture is a big help. Thanks

This weekend I saw two light orange vehicles. They were both Ford models, not Chevy or GMC. One was a single cab '70s vintage pickup with round headlights and lots of grey primer paint. The other was an orange and white Bronco with square headlights.

I have yet to see a Chevy in a light or faded orange color similar to the wanted vehicle. Is it possible that we are looking for the wrong make?

This weekend I saw two light orange vehicles. They were both Ford models, not Chevy or GMC. One was a single cab '70s vintage pickup with round headlights and lots of grey primer paint. The other was an orange and white Bronco with square headlights.

I have yet to see a Chevy in a light or faded orange color similar to the wanted vehicle. Is it possible that we are looking for the wrong make?

What's telltale in the sketch that makes it a late round light model GMC/Chevy rather than a Ford? Out of my depth, if anyone would know?

What's telltale in the sketch that makes it a late round light model GMC/Chevy rather than a Ford? Out of my depth, if anyone would know?

Hubby says the front and grill of a ford is totally different.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...oming-from-all-across-country-including-los-a

might be looking for something this color...I don't recall seeing this article posted here yet...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77302&d=1435613699

this is robotics on a tripod...the handsome FBI agent will take that calculator like data collector...that operates remotely what is commonly known as the "gun"... in an aim/measure kind of way... it has a 360 degree turning radius, is extremely accurate, and will place you in the most likely area of trajectory landing...up to several hundred feet away...within a distance (XWZ) of less than 3/4"...just hope some might find it interesting...and pertinent to the conversation...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...oming-from-all-across-country-including-los-a

might be looking for something this color...I don't recall seeing this article posted here yet...

Interesting, tips coming in from that far, it reminded me of the "Duke's of Hazzard". The lights are different though, on this one, the signal lights are on top of the headlights.

vlcsnap-2012-05-08-20h31m23s97.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77302&d=1435613699

this is robotics on a tripod...the handsome FBI agent will take that calculator like data collector...that operates remotely what is commonly known as the "gun"... in an aim/measure kind of way... it has a 360 degree turning radius, is extremely accurate, and will place you in the most likely area of trajectory landing...up to several hundred feet away...within a distance (XWZ) of less than 3/4"...just hope some might find it interesting...and pertinent to the conversation...

I have no expertise, but would guess that this kind of crawling 'drone' could probably make the kind of shots needed to shatter windows on highways. So a possibility, but only at really long odds. A lot of expertise, work and risk would be involved. The shooter would have to drive the bot to near the attack site, unload it, maneuver it off the street and into position by remote control, work out a relatively fancy way to aim and time the shot using a video feed or two, and quickly maneuver the thing back to his vehicle and load it. At every step he'd have a risk of something breaking, turning off, loosing contact, getting stuck or getting noticed. Murphy's law would have asserted itself by now and he would have gotten caught.

For the window shatterings, I'm picturing (and not representing fact) a much simpler approach: The shooter drives to a spot a couple of blocks from a highway, then walks openly, with a disguised long gun under his arm, to a spot closer to the highway. Then, using sniper stealth tactics, carefully makes his final approach to a carefully chosen shooting spot. He sets his long gun up in a fixed position, aimed at the approximate height of passing car windows. When a car with the right position and speed passes a certain point, he pulls the trigger. And then does everything in reverse.

I can't say why Murphy's law hasn't yet asserted itself in that process, after the twenty plus times I think he's gone thru it. But he definitely would have screwed up by now with the bot, I have to believe.

O/T?
"According to police, the shooting does not appear to be random."
http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/26/westminster-man-allegedly-shot/29345305/

Qmfr:

Hmmm...what do you guys think?

Sooo much violence...hard to keep up with it all, related or not.

Not off topic. Worth considering. It involved a gun, was out on a street, and was close to a police station. It happened a bit further south than any of this year's window shatterings, and far from he earlier killings, but not far from the 6/16/15 shattering, also in Westminster. The 6/26/15 shooting in the article is shown as a the yellow teardrop in the screen shot below. (The pink dots are window shattering reports from 2013 and 2014).

But the reaction of the police, and relative inattention of the press, and the non reaction of the NOCO task force suggest that this shooting isn't related. (I recognize that backing into an understanding of a crime thru a reading of the cops' reactions is somewhat bogus, but in this time of information austerity we must do more with less!)

Screenshot 2015-06-30 at 3.12.45 AM.png

Not Related:

Carjacking ends in crash in Denver
Deb Stanley, TheDenverNewsChannel, 4:38 am, June 30, '15

For now,
Car jacking.jpg
"police had part of Colorado and Mississippi closed for the investigation."

here too:
http://www.9news.com/story/news/traffic/2015/06/30/2-men-custody-pursuit-crash/29500459/

Body found in Waterton Canyon ID'd as missing motorcyclist
Allison Sylte, 9News, 4:35 pm, mdt, June 29, '15

Missing since June 8th on his way to Breckinridge, last seen in Castle Rock, found in the Platt River near Waterton Canyon, Mr. Robert Jacobs, 65 yrs old,

Screenshot 2015-06-30 at 7.13.39 AM - Edited.jpg

"Authorities have not said how Jacobs died or whether they believe his death was suspicious."

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office states that his

"motorcycle has not yet been recovered,..."

"a Harley Davidson Road King motorcycle..."

"...CO-445UVU"

"...call 303-660-7500."
with information

picture here too:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...tified-as-missing-douglas-county-motorcyclist

Interesting, tips coming in from that far, it reminded me of the "Duke's of Hazzard". The lights are different though, on this one, the signal lights are on top of the headlights.

vlcsnap-2012-05-08-20h31m23s97.jpg

While catching up on the Dermond murders<GA - 05/2014> thread. I ran across this article. The more that I read, the more the red flags went up..for more reasons than one;

Elderly Couple Found Dead in Glendale CA, Home; Adult Grandson Identified as Person of Interest
POSTED 7:19 AM, JUNE 29, 2015, BY JOHN A. MORENO AND ERIC SPILLMAN, UPDATED AT 12:26AM, JUNE 30, 2015

<Be sure to scrutinize the POIs facebook page - videos>

A man considered a person of interest in the killing of his grandparents, whose bodies were found decomposing in their Glendale home on Sunday, has been in the hospital for several days after being injured in a car crash, authorities revealed Monday night.

A photo posted to Nathaniel Scheiern&#8217;s Facebook page shows him, neighbors confirmed.
Nathaniel Scheiern was being interviewed by investigators but was not a suspect in the case, Glendale Police Department Sgt. Robert William said Sunday night.

However on Monday evening, authorities revealed that Scheiern was actually in the hospital, and detectives were waiting for him to recover before speaking with him, according to Williams. It was not clear when or where the car crash occurred.
<snipped - read more>

Note: the POI; Nathaniel Scheiern, attend/attended Aims community college; Greeley, CO - Lives in Denver CO, from Glendale, CA - Works for Walmart and an import export business. https://www.facebook.com/nathaniel.scheiern?fref=ts

Be sure to watch his eyeopening videos -->

I'm sure that we have prolly discussed the Kansas City highway shootings somewhere up thread.. The parallels with the NOCO Shooter case is eerie, imo. Especially the dates the shootings began combined with the randomness of the crime/s, etc.. The KC Shooter; 'Mohammad Whitaker', has been arrested, but LE is not sure what the motive was.. or LE just hasn't released that info..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/17/us/kansas-city-highway-shootings/
Police: Suspect in custody in Kansas City-area highway shootings
By Ed Payne, CNN
Updated 9:53 PM ET, Thu April 17, 2014

A male suspect has been taken into custody in connection with as many as 20 highway shootings in the Kansas City, Missouri, area, that began in early March 2014, police said Thursday.

The news comes a day after police announced they were investigating the latest in a series of shootings targeting drivers in the metropolitan area. <snipped - read more>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kansas-city-highway-shooting-suspect-charged-18-felonies/story?id=23385319

Kansas City Highway Shooting Suspect Charged With 18 Felonies
April 18, 2014

The man suspected of shooting at cars as they traveled on Kansas City, Mo., highways in recent weeks has been identified and charged with 18 felonies, authorities announced today.

Mohammad Whitaker, 27, is accused of shooting into at least nine cars, injuring two of the drivers, in incidents dating to the beginning of March 2014.

Kansas City prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said at a press conference today that police first realized there might be a serial shooter on the loose on April 7 when an analyst with the police department pointed it out. The department quickly mobilized an investigation involving other area police departments, the FBI, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
<snipped - read more>

It's like deja view ahead of time! Fascinating. I must have joined the thread too late for that. That case so parallels ours. I was surprised to learn that you could blast a .38 round at another car and leave people scratching their heads about what happened.

"They said they heard what they thought were two gunshots and then noticed that their passenger rear window had broke out," said Capt. Tye Grant with the Kansas City police. They then drove home and cleaned up the glass before calling police. After combing the minivan, police found no bullet, no holes and no additional damage to the vehicle."

In the end, though, they apparently found ballistic evidence in connection with a lot of his attacks, though apparently not all. It lends further credence to Foxfire's frangible bullet hypothesis. One of those bits of ballistic evidence was from 'friendly fire' to the interior of his own car, as FindHG earlier predicted for our shooter. The Kansas shooter Whitaker's tactics also seemed to depend on close proximity to entrance and exit ramps, as Foxfire has suggested.

I am partial to the theory that the NOCO shooter is operating from a fixed position off of the road, or at least when shooting out windows on the highway. Whitaker, though, came up on his victims in a car from behind, taking advantage of cars' blind spots. I wish I knew better how often his victims were aware of his presence.

The key takeaway, of course, is that it was an analyst who first twigged to the spree! And almost as quickly as Margarita twigged to the NOCO series.

It's like deja view ahead of time! Fascinating. I must have joined the thread too late for that. That case so parallels ours. I was surprised to learn that you could blast a .38 round at another car and leave people scratching their heads about what happened.

"They said they heard what they thought were two gunshots and then noticed that their passenger rear window had broke out," said Capt. Tye Grant with the Kansas City police. They then drove home and cleaned up the glass before calling police. After combing the minivan, police found no bullet, no holes and no additional damage to the vehicle."

In the end, though, they apparently found ballistic evidence in connection with a lot of his attacks, though apparently not all. It lends further credence to Foxfire's frangible bullet hypothesis. One of those bits of ballistic evidence was from 'friendly fire' to the interior of his own car, as FindHG earlier predicted for our shooter. The Kansas shooter Whitaker's tactics also seemed to depend on close proximity to entrance and exit ramps, as Foxfire has suggested.

I am partial to the theory that the NOCO shooter is operating from a fixed position off of the road, or at least when shooting out windows on the highway. Whitaker, though, came up on his victims in a car from behind, taking advantage of cars' blind spots. I wish I knew better how often his victims were aware of his presence.

The key takeaway, of course, is that it was an analyst who first twigged to the spree! And almost as quickly as Margarita twigged to the NOCO series.

Deja vu, all over again, Forager.. Same Capt. Tye Grant of the KCPD too... The KC Shooter used at least three different vehicles in his trail of terror. Wonder how many different vehicles the NOCO Shooter has utilized? Amazing after 14 months since MW's arrest that KCPD investigators have no clue as to the motive.. Or is it? I also thought it interesting that Mohammed Whitaker, attempted to purchase a firearm with a laser sight on it from an individual in a sporting goods store parking lot. MW was just getting warmed up when he was arrested, huh? Guess, he wasn't very happy or content by just terrorizing the community or with his numb3r of victims killed; one ...

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article25158820.html
Crime JUNE 22, 2015
Kansas City police investigating two shooting incidents on I-435

&#8220;This has got to stop,&#8221; she said. &#8220;They&#8217;re going to kill somebody.&#8221;

Capt. Tye Grant said Monday that police had no information to suggest that the two incidents were related.

Both incidents occurred in the general area where several highway shootings were reported last year. A suspect was arrested in those cases and remains in the Jackson County Jail, awaiting trial.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article25158820.html#storylink=cpy

So could this be a series of shooter in these states copying each other over time, considering how big an issue the theater shooting trial is, still?

So could this be a series of shooter in these states copying each other over time, considering how big an issue the theater shooting trial is, still?

Anything is possible, FindHG. But imo, it is much more complicated than just a copycatting shooter.. Sure hope the NOCO Shooter/SK Task Force grasps the magnitude of the shooter's likely motive before it spreads to other US states. jmo There was only one fatality in the Kansas City Shooter's trail of terror. If all the north CO murder victims are related, there have been two fatalities, and if not for the grace of God, there could have been three...

As far as not finding the bullets. I have to wonder if maybe it is just very difficult and almost impossible at times to be able to find a bullet fired from a gun.

It could be like a needle in haystack type thing.

I had purposely dropped some screws while working on a roof guttering the other day. I was throwing them off to a certain spot on the grass. When I got down to retreive them I could not find hardly any of them. I found only 3 and threw down about 20.

It was incredible to me how they disappeared into the grass. I didnt think it would be hard to just go down and find the screws and I was so wrong.

Maybe bullets are just very difficult to locate. Especially if they travel and bounce on the highway.

Of course if frangible bullets its even worse because they would basically dissappear anyway into small bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E