CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched this all unfold because I was terrified for this child...not because of any addiction. As a mother I couldn't imagine what the family was going through watching their son possibly float away. I watched this because I was praying for this kid & was hoping that a miracle would happen and this boy would come down safely.

Sorry, but I really don't like being blamed because I have empathy for someone.

Thanks for the link, Mazama -- It already shows the parents lied. They stated the boys were outside, and the oldest came inside and told them Falcon climbed inside and the tethers somehow came undone

A 6 y/o saying "You said it was for the show" isn't lying . . . Mooooooooo

There is definitely some untruths happening with this story. I hope LE can find out what is really going on and then deal with it effectively.

Maz

:cow:

WHAT!!! This video shows the father, mother and family (except Falcon?) launching the balloon. We're suppose to believe Falcon is inside?

The smell is getting bad.

Exactly! This was news yesterday when it was thought the boy was in danger. Today is looks like the family set this up. No one yesterday afternoon thought they were watching crap reality television like Wife Swap.

I wonder if it's possible to close the little flap from the INSIDE. Or whether someone on the OUTSIDE would have to do it.

Does it lock?

Yes, there is an opening. I saw on another video (can't find it right now...I think it's when the balloon landed in the field) there is a little door flap that opens.

True, there is a door to get weather stuff inside. But where is the basket / box attached to the bottom? Isn't there when it launched. And what did TWO cameras capture falling from the balloon?

Thanks for all the links, just trying to catch up.
To me:The Dad loves to blame others for things. I just feel so bad for the child now that his Dad wants his 15 1/2 minutes of fame. Look at the anger in his body as he kicks the stand while the balloon goes up.
I just love the look the boys are giving their parents as the tale unfolds here.

ETA: Why are they showing a video of them (the parents) letting the balloon go and during the interview with GMA, the father mentions that they weren't around, but taking a break.

Just thinking that if it had to be fastened from the outside, there is no way that his father would have thought Falcon was in there.

Wouldn't this dad be concerned about the effects of inhaling all that helium?

Where is the door. I've seen clear shots of the bottom, and it's not there so maybe on one of the sides?

Still, the dad would have noticed and it would have been in the video if the flap was open. If it wasn't possible to close/fasten from the inside but had to be done from the outside ... hmm!

Other than Falcon's "maybe" slip of the tongue, something doesn't seem right.

How could the boy appear to his older brother to be getting into the balloon, then disappear off the roof w/o being seen by the brother, enter the house, then enter the attic over the garage w/o being seen by anyone?

How could the boy have untied the balloon while being inside it? Wouldn't it have begun to rise if he untied it first?

Would the older boys, assuming this was a prank with their involvement, think up such a thing and after all the searches not tell anyone?

Supposedly, all the family would pay, if involved in a prank, would be misdemeanor charges. I'm guessing the family researched the penalty if this was a prank.

And, what's with the mother? Can she talk at all?

BBM. I believe she is afraid of her husbands temper.

The mother's 911 call is about to be released.....just announced by FOX news.

I'm glad you pointed this out. I came to WS, as many others, because of Caylee Anthony. I watched NG every night, and came here everyday to discuss the matter. One day my wife pointed out to me how much time I was devoting to someone else's life, and not my own. Since that time I don't watch NG anymore, which has helped my blood pressure I'm sure, and I don't involve myself with the so-called "news" being fed to us. Because of this I have spent a lot more time with my wife, my daughter, and myself. It was like reclaiming time that I thought I had lost.

Yes I followed this story yesterday, but I didn't watch the balloon fly for hours, nor did I follow it that much once I knew that Falcon was okay. I'm not saying anyone is at fault for being a news junkie, but do know that if you choose to stop the addiction, it is possible...I'm living proof of that.

You see...I have a different take on that. I see it as the last vestige of goodness in humanity. People saw the news clips and thought that a small defenseless child was in mortal danger...they watched hoping for the best outcome...some prayed...all hoped. That is not something I am ashamed of...I love my family, friends and community well. I devote my time and efforts to pour out my life for them. If I am able to muster empathy and mercy for another's plight, where is the wrong in that.

If this family has perptrated a fraud, shame on them. There is no shame for people who still have a tender heart for a child in danger.

LOL I still hear "You guys said we did this for a show" but regardless of "We" or "You guys" I think they are busted. JMO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UONWCq7A"]YouTube - "Balloon Boy" Falcon Henne Admits: "We Did This For The Show"[/ame] (if you want to decide for yourself what was said!)

During the GMA interview, did anyone catch the line Richard told about Falcon having Asthma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member