CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Falcon is going to have to throw up everytime he is asked the same question to get out of answering the question or do you think he has to throw due to the stress of the question?

Either one makes me incredibly sad for Falcon.

Fox news is going to have a psychiatrist on in a few minutes to talk about the family.

I continue to be happy that this boy is okay. My only information on this story has come from WS and I have not watched any of the videos or any television about the incident. I watched Wife Swap a couple of times last year and enjoyed it and thought it was very interesting.

I do want to say this. If these people are "fame *advertiser censored*," we made them that way, so we deserve what we get. All of us (the participants and the creators and the watchers) have happily created a society where other people's lives are our entertainment.

It always amuses me a little when the watchers get mad at those being watched. It's not difficult to turn off a television or a computer (though I'll agree it's MUCH more fun to sling around self-righteous indignation)!

Other than Falcon's "maybe" slip of the tongue, something doesn't seem right.

How could the boy appear to his older brother to be getting into the balloon, then disappear off the roof w/o being seen by the brother, enter the house, then enter the attic over the garage w/o being seen by anyone?

How could the boy have untied the balloon while being inside it? Wouldn't it have begun to rise if he untied it first?

Would the older boys, assuming this was a prank with their involvement, think up such a thing and after all the searches not tell anyone?

Supposedly, all the family would pay, if involved in a prank, would be misdemeanor charges. I'm guessing the family researched the penalty if this was a prank.

And, what's with the mother? Can she talk at all?

Amazing. These parents are something else. I don't know if it was a set up or what, but they had that thing out in the yard, it got away, they had to stop air traffic, they took dozens of LE away from their jobs, just amazing.

During an ABC interview on Friday Falcon was asked why he said he was hiding "for a show," at which point he said: "Mom, I feel like I'm going to vomit." He then left the room with his mother and could be heard gagging.
During a live interview on NBC's "Today" that aired simultaneously, Falcon threw up into a container when his father was answering the same question.
At the beginning of the ABC interview, Falcon was asked how he's doing. "I feel good so far," he answered.

<snip>

Heene said the family was tinkering with the balloon Thursday and that he scolded Falcon for getting inside a compartment on the craft. It was designed to hover about 50 to 100 feet from the ground but it broke loose from its tether.

The family videotaped the episode. In a segment shown on national TV, the father kicked the ground when the balloon took off.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe.../balloon_boy_091016/20091016?hub=TopStoriesV2

BBM

So they not only leave this balloon unsecured in their backyard but they don't secure the attic area in their garage either...

Watching some of the video's, the father does not come across as sincere to me.

Maz

:cow:

Other than Falcon's "maybe" slip of the tongue, something doesn't seem right.

How could the boy appear to his older brother to be getting into the balloon, then disappear off the roof w/o being seen by the brother, enter the house, then enter the attic over the garage w/o being seen by anyone?

How could the boy have untied the balloon while being inside it? Wouldn't it have begun to rise if he untied it first?

Would the older boys, assuming this was a prank with their involvement, think up such a thing and after all the searches not tell anyone?

Supposedly, all the family would pay, if involved in a prank, would be misdemeanor charges. I'm guessing the family researched the penalty if this was a prank.

And, what's with the mother? Can she talk at all?
not to mention that the parents were there when the balloon took off! They were video taping it! It is just plain crazy!!!

Sure does. I agree, they need to get a big fat bill for all of the resources used. And a mental health evaluation.

Dad: "Yeah"

Mom: "nooo"

Not a funny situation, but Dad stumbling over his words is pretty amusing.
YouTube - Balloon Boy's Father To CNN: "I'm Appalled At You!"

Watching the video of dad hugging the boy and saying he is sorry for yelling at him I find it interesting that dad cannot look at camera and keeps head down and eyes averted...

MOO

Maz

I am forced to admit...IMO This was one of the best hoaxes ever!

First, yesterday I thought Falcon was "toast". Why? Because two brothers told the same story and Falcon remained hidden for hours.

I'm glad Falcon is OK. Put my sympathies end there.

As a father of boys, I can tell you this goes way beyond "boys will be boys". Sure, balloons are meant to fly - I would never be shocked if my boys let it fly. My boys were always hiding from me (and to be fair I hide from them). There were always the obvious little white lies of "I didn't do it". And of course a few bizarre statements out of the mouth of babes.

But this whole situations shows Falcon and family are disfunctional (i.e. not normal). The first hint was any family qualified to go on "Wife Swap" has to be disfunctional. I just didn't see it, simply because I used my standard of behavior to judge.

All of course IMO.

I am forced to admit...IMO This was one of the best hoaxes ever!

Sorry, I don't agree - to deceive or defraud about life and death doesn't make a good hoax. Don't encourage Falcon.

Putting lights on the balloon, letting it go at night, dressing your brother as an alien, filming it and calling the news claiming it was a UFO would have been a great hoax.

I continue to be happy that this boy is okay. My only information on this story has come from WS and I have not watched any of the videos or any television about the incident. I watched Wife Swap a couple of times last year and enjoyed it and thought it was very interesting.

I do want to say this. If these people are "fame *advertiser censored*," we made them that way, so we deserve what we get. All of us (the participants and the creators and the watchers) have happily created a society where other people's lives are our entertainment.

It always amuses me a little when the watchers get mad at those being watched. It's not difficult to turn off a television or a computer (though I'll agree it's MUCH more fun to sling around self-righteous indignation)!

WOW! People get mad about being LIED to and DUPED, which is what I think happened with this balloon incident. I was glued to the television yesterday afternoon feeling sick at heart that a little boy might be in that balloon or had fallen to his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove