CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my daughters watched dad explaining with the candy story...and we were all looking at each other like, what the heck does that have to do with ANYTHING??? My girls are 9 and 11. Even they can spot crap.

No need for psychic abilities to call this one...Dads arrest is eminent. I'm guessing within the next 24-48 hours. Anyone care to venture as to what the charges will be? What an idiot! imo of course

I have a thought. What if they planned to use the balloon for some kind of "show" in the future. My DH believes that they wanted to release it somewhere to make people think it was a UFO. They were all working on it Thur morning, Falcon does something to it (try to climb in, etc). The father yelled at him to not mess around with it because it's for the show. Then, after releasing it and hiding in the garage, he hears them calling for him, but is afraid to come down because he released the balloon which was going to be used on some kind of show. He was afraid that the father would really be mad because they couldn't use it on the show. Personally I think the parents are hiding something and I hope they really didn't convince the kids to make up this boy in the balloon story, but you never know.

MOO...these people got a sample of the biz.....reality show...and liked it.

It is not that the child said that they did it "for the show"... listen to his whole reply because he totally pins it on the parents: well you guys said that we um did this for the show
Watch the dad heave a sigh... a kind of "oh crap, we're busted" sigh.

http://laist.com/2009/10/15/uncomfortable_moment_balloon_boy_te.php

Who thinks this should be investigated? You can't tell me that as a supposed scientist he (the dad) didn't figure out how much gas it would take to fly it, and at what point it was to much weight or to little weight. He skipped around the kids answer. What show? Was the family looking around for a show, like Myth Busters or Storm Chasers?

I am not sure what show, but it would not surprise me if it is found out that they do have a reality show in the works. Given that the kids had cameras, and someone reported that the mother had one too, during this, it really raises an eyebrow, IMO.

LE is planning to have a sit down with the family, tomorrow. Of course, they have all night to find ways to cover their tails.

Oh, the father does run a You Tube show called The Psyience Detectives...

He was asked why he didn't come down when they were calling him. "You guys said that we did this for the show."

I have to admit that for the first time in a long time I am literally sick to my stomach over something reported in the news.

This child was never in danger, yet his parents knowingly allowed this to unfold ~ over the course of hours on national breaking news media. People were watching and some even posted here that they were actually crying for this boy.

Not only that, the enormous amounts of resources, human resources and financial resources, that were diverted to the search for a child who's life it was believed to be in danger, who at one point in the coverage was believed to have fallen and died as a result ~ yet they "did it for the show".

This is wrong on so many levels I can't begin to address it in my own mind right now except with revulsion and anger.

I firmly believe that this couple should be forced to pay back every red cent that was spent in this publicity generating fiasco.

What in g-d's name are they teaching these children? Children learn by example, good grief.

So I was willing to give the family the benefit of the doubt but now I'm thinking otherwise. I also didn't realize they had been on Wife Swap twice.

I didn't see any of the coverage when the boy was missing since I was at work. I did watch LKL tonight and IMO the mother at times looked very uncomfortable/embarrased. Not at all like you would think a mother would look who had her young child back after a very dangerous situation.

With Falcon being as active during the show as he was, I just can not see how he would have stayed hidden away by himself for so many hours! He would become thirsty, hungry and looking for other things to be doing.

I did hear a comment about why the parents would not be charged for the cost of the search. (On Anderson Cooper) If people had to pay, that could prevent someone from asking for help when it's really needed!

I'm glad the boy is home and not hurt

VB

Yep, you can plainly hear her prompting him to say it was awesome. This is one odd family...

Lets say that it is definitely found to be a hoax... exactly what could the father be charged with?

I didn't see any of the coverage when the boy was missing since I was at work. I did watch LKL tonight and IMO the mother at times looked very uncomfortable/embarrased. Not at all like you would think a mother would look who had her young child back after a very dangerous situation.

With Falcon being as active during the show as he was, I just can not see how he would have stayed hidden away by himself for so many hours! He would become thirsty, hungry and looking for other things to be doing.

I did hear a comment about why the parents would not be charged for the cost of the search. (On Anderson Cooper) If people had to pay, that could prevent someone from asking for help when it's really needed!

I'm glad the boy is home and not hurt

VB

I would think that if this can be proven definitively to be a hoax that the parents being charged for the search could serve as a warning to others who think this might be a good idea for some publicity. Just IMHO of course. I would hate to think it could have a deterring effect in the case of real emergencies.

I believe the parents could be charged with false reporting of a crime. IIRC They made the runaway bride pay back at least some of the money used in that search after it was discovered to be a hoax. Seems the same could apply in this case. I do not think that it will prevent people from reporting real crimes but it definitely might discourage people from reporting FALSE crimes.

Perhaps they were hoping to get a reality show of their own along the lines of Jon and Kate plus 8. IMO

WHAT are these parents doing to these little boys????? I was looking around You Tube for videos just to see what kind of things their parents could be posting and they've made a video of the boys singing a RAP song called "Wife Swap Heene boys Not Pu$$ified" music video!! GEEZ, theyre only kids!!!!
I would have posted the link but I felt it might be offensive to some...

Hope this link is okay. I am still looking to see what either of these parents do to bring in an income to afford to build UFOs out in the backyard or chase storms on a motorcycle so daddy can send model rockets into their center. Lots of comments have been added to articles done about them in the past, you tube videos and new news. One I have pasted here. Seems the dad doesn't abide by the rules. Guess rules are made for , ahem, "pansies".

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Aheado...ids-put-danger/comments?type=story&id=8839052

Mr. Heene, how come you can afford to build a balloon of this sort but can't afford to pay us the money you owe us from the car accident in 2006 in CA - where you were driving uninsured leaving us to foot the bill to fix our car. We've been kind and patient with you and have even offered to let you pay us back in payments, but you haven't. We could really use the money. Sincerely, the Garcia Family.

Posted by:
StillLooking4You Oct-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members