CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see...I have a different take on that. I see it as the last vestige of goodness in humanity. People saw the news clips and thought that a small defenseless child was in mortal danger...they watched hoping for the best outcome...some prayed...all hoped. That is not something I am ashamed of...I love my family, friends and community well. I devote my time and efforts to pour out my life for them. If I am able to muster empathy and mercy for another's plight, where is the wrong in that.

If this family has perptrated a fraud, shame on them. There is no shame for people who still have a tender heart for a child in danger.

My husband and I were glued to this story for the simple fact that a small child was in danger. That is what pulled at everyone's hearts.
Poor kids.

True, there is a door to get weather stuff inside. But where is the basket / box attached to the bottom? Isn't there when it launched. And what did TWO cameras capture falling from the balloon?

Maybe it hit a bird. Or a bird got caught up in it?

Nobody seems to be addressing what would have happened to a boy inside that helium-filled balloon. I'm pretty sure he would have died from inhaling the helium.

Wow... Richard is about ready to BLOW!!! :furious: in the NBC interview while his son is getting ill.
He is *trying* to cry now to end the interview and get out of the hot seat. YIKES!

I was watching GMA this morning and my 11 year old son was in the room. When they said Falcon was hiding in the attic for 4 hours my son there was no way that happened that way. Four hours was way too long for a kid he said...lol....after 10 min. he thinks he would have gotten bored for sure and come out. It's all a bunch of hooey :)

you know, i didn't like the reaction of the dad when the balloon was let go one bit. screaming and kicking things around when you get angry is horribly scary for children. it really shocked me...

i'm wondering (if this is not a hoax) if maybe Falcon was the one who had untied the tethers and then when he heard his dad screaming, hid in the attic because he was scared of him. it would almost even explain his comments about "you guys said we did this for the show"....if they were filming the take-off etc "for a show" like utube or something, he would have been afraid of getting into real trouble for messing that up, hence not coming out when he heard them calling.

what i can't understand is the other boys saying tha they thought he might be in there? could it have just been the result of 8/10 year old deduction skills? well he was here and now we can't find him, so he MUST have gone up in the balloon!

you know, i didn't like the reaction of the dad when the balloon was let go one bit. screaming and kicking things around when you get angry is horribly scary for children. it really shocked me...

i'm wondering (if this is not a hoax) if maybe Falcon was the one who had untied the tethers and then when he heard his dad screaming, hid in the attic because he was scared of him. it would almost even explain his comments about "you guys said we did this for the show"....if they were filming the take-off etc "for a show" like utube or something, he would have been afraid of getting into real trouble for messing that up, hence not coming out when he heard them calling.

what i can't understand is the other boys saying tha they thought he might be in there? could it have just been the result of 8/10 year old deduction skills? well he was here and now we can't find him, so he MUST have gone up in the balloon!
Oh no, that man has a very hot temper!!

Something about the 911 call is strange to me.
Why did he disappear in the middle of it?

If you think dad's anger at the balloon taking off is strange, check this out. It's perfectly normal for him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoqRIAwkps"]YouTube - Balloon Boy on Wife Swap 1 of 5[/ame]

oooh I saw that last night! :crazy:

Maybe it hit a bird. Or a bird got caught up in it?

Nobody seems to be addressing what would have happened to a boy inside that helium-filled balloon. I'm pretty sure he would have died from inhaling the helium.

Sorry, this was all cover yesterday in the previous 20 WS pages.

The basket below the balloon is not filled with helium - only the balloon had helium in it. Helium is NOT flammable or necessarily dangerous. The balloon / basket is NOT meant for human flight - it was for weather instruments. But it was believed the balloon could lift a small 50lbs 6-year old. The balloon maximum altitude (10,000 - 12,000 feet) was NOT a danger - although it would have been cold.

Does it jump out to y'all that the dad says, "We had no idea it was going to grow into something that (or this) big." ?

It's at the very end of the interview, where she invites him to say something to the people who helped yesterday...

Wow! Good catch. When was it they had no idea? When they were planning this hoax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member