CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In researching weather balloons, it appears that this balloon is considerably larger than typical experimental weather balloons. Why did he need such a large balloon that had a cabin?

The guy is an inventor, so it's not out of the realm of belief to think he was trying to build a better weather balloon. Plus, if you're doing it on a home budget, you have to account for not being able to purchase materials that the Navy could, so that will change your design.

As the facts stand now, with the bother's testimony, the picture, and missing Falcon, I have prepared myself for the worst.

It will be a sad night discussing this with my boys.

I am guessing the parents had not looked at any of the news videos because they of all people would have recognized immediately the lack of box on the balloon, and the ground search could have taken place and hour and a half earlier.

A resident in the area of the Heene's home snapped a pic at 11:20. The balloon looked the same as when it landed. Maybe the boy is closer to home??? Let's hope he fell out before the balloon got very high

Ryan Tool, Falcons friend, is on HLN. Poor kid :( Says he "feels jumpy and my heart is kind of jumping every once in awhile. I'm hoping that Falcon is ok."

It was hard to watch that interview, I wish they had given him some space. It must be very confusing for children that age to comprehend what it going on considering I can't even wrap my head around it!

A lot of open, prairie type country to search and 9 News said that there are areas with 1 to 2 foot tall grass. Tough to find a little guy in all that.

There was nothing attached to the bottom of the craft when it landed. I don't know where that report came from.

KDVR just showed a home video of the craft going over in ft collins....there is no basket that I see.

Holding on to hope that somehow little Falcon is safe somewhere, its just unthinkable what his family must be going through right now

I blew this up and sharpened it a bit and I would say that given the size of the falling object, if that is what it is, compared to the balloon, and having seen the size of the balloon compared to the people on the ground when it landed... the falling object could have easily held a small child in my opinion.

This isn't the best, as I sharpened it, it pixelated. Softening it blurred the object too much...

box.jpg

It was reported early on that a basket was attached but not very well, I believe coming from the mother.
I know when the neighbor tried to talk with the mom she just started bawling and went back inside the house...
I sure hope he is hiding some where but after this long and not finding him in or around the neighborhood it is not looking good.
When I watched that balloon land and watched the reactions from the rescuers my heart sank cause I knew he wasn't there...
Prayers for this family they look like a great family...

99.1 radio says Falcon was wearing dark blue shirt and dark jeans. Command post has been set up in Windsor, CO. 3 main footsearches being conducted right now along with horses, 4 wheelers, etc... 1 in Fort Collins near his home, 2nd near Kodak factory in Windsor, 3rd near Platteville, CO. Asking locals for help near Platteville to come and search.

This is where I grew up. As the crow flies Fort Collins near Fossil Creek Park (where family resided) is about 10 miles from the Kodak factory. From the Kodak factory to Platteville as the crow flies- my guess is about 20-25 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx