CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously there are some thoughtful and rational people among you all. However, there are a couple of comments that I must respond to, and provide further insight.

Where do you get the energy???

1st, could ya stop the 'sleuthies' thing? We are just all ordinary people interested and truly care about what happend to this boy we don't even know. I don't know who you are...I am so sad that you have been accused if you are not part...but that is the way the world goes round. There are reasons you are in the position you are..but there are people out there that are willing to give you a voice and hear you. Why are you knockin' it?

We (Ok, I shouldn't speak for all, but I bet, most) get your point, many have apologized to you for investigating and pointing, a few got out of hand, and they realized it... once you came aboard and gave your side, you rec'd apologies.

I, ME, I pulled the thread and edited things that I thought could hurt YOU or any ongoing investigations, and the rude attacks. This is all public. If anyone has a problem w/that...pfft.

WS takes no sides (posters do, and we try to moderate to make it fair). The posters run the flow of the investigation and conversation. Everyone has a right to their side, but when things are posted that shouldn't be, as you mentioned, we have the right to delete.

I'd ask you Mr Pash to venture around a bit, with an open mind...see some of the work that has been done here....maybe we can help prove you right?

I'd also ask that you read The Rules. TIA.

I sympathize with you and your family but I must make note of something: you cannot say for a fact that your brother was preoccupied with nothing other than his next race. While that might have been all he discussed with you, often people who are concerned over something do not share that information, even with their closest allies.

If I may, can you clarify whether the local LE ever considered this case as a runaway or have they always suspected foul play?

Thanks again for sharing here.
Foul Play:rolleyes:

Back in 1981 you had to wait 24 hrs to declare someone missing, in those 24 hrs our family waited. Then was considerd foul play, John Walsh had just started the miss children act but it didn't take effect for a couple of years,

Since we know conclusively(sp?) that the unidentified isn't Roger, I would like to ask questions. I hope it's okay, with all involved? I'll try to ask in some sort of organized fashion- hope it helps for reading purposes.

Theory of Roger being a runaway. People do not always tell their loved ones if something is bothering them. Is there anything that could bother a young fellow like Roger, to the point where they run off, never to be heard from again?

I believe I read that Roger was last seen talking to 2 men at the school? Is there any proof to that? (Was that a rumor at the time of his disappearance?) If on the off chance, 2 men showed up at the school to talk to Roger, is there some reason why he could have "gone off" with them?

Young people do "cut out" from a day of school, not all young people, but some do. Would Roger have left school, for any reason that anyone can think of? (When I was young, we cut school for a variety of reasons.) Was there a "special girl" that he could have left school for and met up with foul play?

Honestly, no matter how I look at Roger's disappearance, I tend to think of foul play. I'm not familiar enough with the mindset of a guy, his age or otherwise, so I am not sure if he'd have run away of his own volition.

silver1sb, can you possibly tell us if the reports we've read about Roger are somewhat accurate, if you are comfortable doing so? I think there is a link at the beginning of the thread, if you can look and let us know if you think the age progressed photo "seems accurate" or if the background info seems accurate, or anything you'd like to point out, please if you are comfortable doing so, would you?

There are a couple reasons that suicide don't seem logical to me (no training and no statistics- just personal experiences), many people who intend to commit suicide leave a note and many who commit suicide seem to do so close to home.

If any of my questions/statements are out of line, please tell me. I'm not trying to be too intrusive or offensive to anyone.

Human bones have been found in a remote area of Gunnison County of Colorado. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
What Pash said was interesting.

Hi, this is my first post (I have been lurking awhile) Hope the bones they found is Roger's, fingers crossed from accross the world

Mazama: you asked if there were other “persons of interest” named. Well, first we must explore the concept of a “person of interest”. Rather than repeat what is already stated on the web, I would suggest reading the wikipedia entry for “person of interest” and its companion article on Richard Jewell. Bottom line, it has no legal definition, and can range from a possible suspect to a material witness [someone who may have additional information]. So, if the Sheriffs Department believed the rumor that I had counseled Roger for “issues”, then that designation would fall under the idea of being a material witness rather than a suspect. But it is interesting that the sleuthies immediately chose the suspect aspect of the definition, even though the material witness aspect would have been just as possible, and more appropriate. Secondly, that term was not used until 1996; so in 1981, no persons would have been named with that label. However it might explain why [as I stated in my earlier letter] I was contacted by a detective in 1997. But as I also stated, there was never any followup in regards to the detective coming out to talk to me. Third, I was never aware of 2 unidentified persons Roger was supposedly seen talking to that morning. That was news to me when I read it on these various websites. So I cannot say that it is anything more than another rumor. The explanation given for Roger's disappearance was that he was a runaway. I have no idea when it was redesignated as an abduction. Finally, you asked who told me about this website. That is presently irrelevant to the discussion concerning Roger.

Mr. Pash,

My use of the phrase "persons of interest" was only intended as that...to ask if you knew of any one that might have been questioned by the police because of their interest in them with relationship to the case. I in no way suggested the phrase was used in 1981 and I in no way referred to you as a suspect. It's all semantics in the end.

As for Wikipedia, it is a user contribution or user written website where the user can edit entries and as such should not be taken as the complete truth. You might want to read this article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2005/oct/24/comment.newmedia

I would think that anyone involved in Rogers life and case would be contacted at various stages of the investigation even if it is 16 years later just because of their involvement regardless if they were a "suspect" or not but just because they are involved in one way or another.

Until I can find details of the said two people Roger was supposedly talking to the morning of his disappearance I'll believe it to be rumor.

My question as to how you found Websleuths was plain old fashioned curiosity.

Thank you for responding to my questions.

Maz

:cow:

I find it interesting that Pash seems very irritated that there is a site with people trying to solve this case. I understand that he was someone that was accused and is very irritated that his name is being drug through the mud........BUT......I can see after reading your comments WHY people are looking at you! Slamming the people on this site for trying to find a missing kid is amazing to me! We read articles and we try and find information, some of it may be bad information. You can come on here and slam people for not knowing the facts, but how do we know what you said are facts or the truth? Did you ever think that maybe the sluethies might just find something to clear your name?

I think Roger resembles Benjaman Kyle alot. I read somewhere is parents are dead now, so therefore, no one would be looking. Also is rumored he was murdered, yet, at the same time some people implying he chose to leave.

If someone could put up a side by side pic.. using BK's clean shaven face, green shirt pic..it would be helpful. I think the eyes also look similar with this photo.

Silver,

Do you believe that Roger could have left on his own free will?

Why isn't anyone talking about this school assignment....sounds like something was in there implying there was some sort of problem and that he was leaving becasue of them...did you get to read it?

Did you have pets growing up? What were their names?

Does Roger know anyone named Benjaman that you are aware of?

What is Rogers favourite foods? Does he smoke?

I think he could well be BK.

On another note, do we know for sure that the person posting as the teacher is in fact who he says he is?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have no clue how to get these beside eachother. The last photo and the one where Roger is holding his skis, they share the same crease/dimple line on their right cheek (form our view it is the left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb