CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking, is there any proof that SW briefly passed out the day before? Did anyone else verify the friends story? We’re there other witnesses than just the one friend?

I made the mistake of watching the videos on Shannan’s Facebook last night. The girls were just so adorable. Watching Chris’s expressions when playing with them he looked so geniune. That’s what makes this case so difficult for me to comprehend.
I’m in the camp who thinks he got a taste of freedom and grew closer with AP during the 6 weeks Shannan and the girls were gone and simply wanted to start anew. Nothing deeper then that as hard as it is for us to believe. I suspect that with his new body and confidence his AP is someone he thought would be out of his league. He was all caught up in the high of a new lover and for him... out with the old in with the new. Even though we have seen it time and time again it continues to be shocking and horrifying to me.
I realize AP refers to the mistress, but what does it stand for specifically? Tia.

I was thinking, is there any proof that SW briefly passed out the day before? Did anyone else verify the friends story? We’re there other witnesses than just the one friend?

Also, is there any proof that she even had a doctor appointment other than the friend telling police? Has it been verified that she had a Dr appointment?

And making 5 weeks of meals isn't something you would do if you were having effectively a trial separation by going away all of July (as we wondered about) or planning to have one on your return.

Would anyone here do 5 weeks frozen portions if they also suspected an affair?
Agreed! I wonder if her suspicions started when she was visiting NC during those 6 weeks. In addition to him being more apathetic when he was there with her, he might have been staying in touch less when they were apart.

Yes, could be. But I can’t imagine why he didn’t kill himself. He didn’t seem to have any intention of doing so, so I find it hard to reach that he did this for financial reasons, or because he wouldn’t be seeing his kids every day. This case is baffling to me.

Because he had a shiney new toy to play with. With the potential of what he thought would be an easier life.

Love and infatuation can make some people do crazy things. The ones that blow me away are the cat fishers who are able to convince people, over the internet, who have never met them, to commit crimes for them! Some have committed murder!

Here is one source, but be warned I know nothing about storage of crude oil...Information for Storage Tank Manufacturers – Fuel Oil Information | Processheaters

The table shows that crude oil in storage should be kept at 40C (104F) minumum. And 50C (122F) "handling" which could mean that it has to be hotter to move more efficiently?

There are probably various kinds of crude, I really don't know, but that range of temperatures from 104F to 122F should be very favorable to decomposition (IMO!!!)

That's almost sous vide temps.

As soon as a person is deceased specific minute chemicals are released in the air that is what the dogs are trained to smell, smells that are undetectable by us.

Additionally,

An international research team used two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry to characterise the odours that create this smell of death: volatile organic compounds (VOCs). By measuring the VOCs released from pig carcasses the team identified a cocktail of several different families of molecules, including carboxylic acids, aromatics, sulfurs, alcohols, nitro compounds, as well as aldehydes and ketones. The combination and quantities of these VOCs change as a function of time as a cadaver goes through different stages of decomposition.”

‘Smell of death’ reveals cadaver's secrets

—————-

“Researchers have identified five distinct chemical compounds called esters, which have odours of ripe apple, pineapple, blackberries and cherries, that are given off by human bodies as they decompose. The findings may allow scientists to use these chemical cocktails to distinguish human remains from those of animals”

Distinct 'chemical cocktail' released by dead bodies smells like berries and apples | Daily Mail Online

——-

Forensics research to make cadaver dogs more efficient

“These chemicals are known to be produced from the decomposition process.”

Last edited:
snipped from news article: Quotes from CW:
"If somebody has her and they're not safe, I want them back now. That's what is in my head. If they're safe right now, they're going to come back," Mr Watts said in a TV interview outside the family home in Frederick, Colorado.

Breaking down his first sentence ~ CW already knows that they are not safe and that no body has them. Therefore when CW says " IF " and "I want them back now" he is really feeling the opposite. It is all pinged on the word "IF".

The sentence "that's what is in my head", you would think a person who's family is missing would be speaking about what is in their heart not what is in their head. Telling words IMO

Third sentence:
There is that word again "IF". "If they're safe right now, they're going to come back,"
Again he knows they are not safe and therefore he knows they are not coming back.

"But if they're not safe right now, that's the not-knowing part. Last night I had every light in the house on, I was hoping that I would just get ran over by the kids just running in and barrel-rushing me, but it didn't happen. And it was just a traumatic night trying to be here."

His wording is very disjointed in the first sentence. He is trying to put forth to public two images of being a concerned father into one thought, but it does come off as being genuine in nature.

"I was hoping that I would just get ran over by the kids just running in etc etc. How come no mention of SW in that sentence or thought process?

The last sentence makes me think that if your family is missing, one would draw comfort from being in their home where presumably loving and happy memories would reside. Why would it be traumatic to be in their home. If anything he should remain hopeful that his family would return.
Those words put together by CW sound weird and awkward because they were not spoken from the heart. I felt uncomfortable listening to him.
He said what he thought he was to supposed to say. But with abundant smiles and a twinkle in his eye. Awful.

Why would her friend make this up lol

She needed a good reason for police to go to the house other and she isn’t answering the phone. Is it possible she fibbed about SW
passing out and dr appointment to make it seem more urgent?

I realize AP refers to the mistress, but what does it stand for specifically? Tia.

Agreed! I wonder if her suspicions started when she was visiting NC during those 6 weeks. In addition to him being more apathetic when he was there with her, he might have been staying in touch less when they were apart.

IDK

Also, maybe if you're pregnant, in ill-health, with two young children and your job promotion also hinges on you maintaining a happy marriage you have a load of reasons to keep blocking it out & not want to face it?
So you make the meals and push the thoughts back down and hope the affair fizzles out?
I can't walk in her shoes but I'm trying to see it from her p.o.view.

I believe SW was supposed to be home around 10pm?
I think they were dead by then. He must have been livid when her flight was delayed. Moo

With the state of the girls' bodies, will the ME be able to determine time of death such as 10:00 PM vs 2:00/3:00 AM ?

IDK

Also, maybe if you're pregnant, in ill-health, with two young children and your job promotion also hinges on you maintaining a happy marriage you have a load of reasons to keep blocking it out & not want to face it?
So you make the meals and push the thoughts back down and hope the affair fizzles out?
I can't walk in her shoes but I'm trying to see it from her p.o.view.
True! It could also certainly be intended as a message/peace offering for him--look at what I'm going out of my way to do for you!

Why would her friend make this up lol
Because she cared about her friend and would say anything to get LE to help her. In which case, good on her! (Although based on an earlier comment about her being "nosy" I think the implication is she exaggerated in an effort to get herself involved in someone else's business.)

What's interesting is that in Colorado they have the option of charging him with first degree AND lesser includeds line second degree and voluntary manslaughter.

(In Colorado second degree is without deliberation but knowingly. Which includes heat of passion cases . Voluntary manslaughter there is more accidental killings. "Reckless".)

But the DA did not charge any lesser includeds.

That tells me that indeed, they feel very confident.

BBM

In the UK, a person would be charged with the highest crime possible, so that if eg the jury fails to convict for murder they could still find them guilty of manslaughter. I’m pretty sure (please correct me as I’m not a lawyer!) that if you’re charged with the lesser crime of manslaughter, you can’t be found guilty of murder (unless more evidence, retrial etc).

It sounds like the LE are v confident of a murder charge if they haven’t included the lesser charges - but if the jury can’t reach agreement on a murder charge, can the lesser charges be instated at a later date?

Last edited:
And making 5 weeks of meals isn't something you would do if you were having effectively a trial separation by going away all of July (as we wondered about) or planning to have one on your return.

Would anyone here do 5 weeks frozen portions if they also suspected an affair?

Maybe 1 week's worth, with a surprise ingredient like laxatives. :D

Those words put together by CW sound weird and awkward because they were not spoken from the heart. I felt uncomfortable listening to him.
He said what he thought he was to supposed to say. But with abundant smiles and a twinkle in his eye. Awful.

Exactly. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-08-23 10.15.27.png
    Screenshot 2018-08-23 10.15.27.png
    444.8 KB · Views: 14
I'm new to this forum and have tried to catch up on everything that is being said. My brother questioned NA's reaction the same as you all are and I'll clarify for you as well. Shanann stayed in contact with her team religiously, she had a planner in which she scheduled out her entire day with phone calls, training, conferences etc. Those on her team that were seriously in it to hit ranks stayed in constant contact ALL THE TIME. We become like family and NA was one of the closest to Shan and one of her best promotors. They were always in contact. What CW said in his interview about her talking to her people more consistently was accurate. As far as plane tickets, for the company trips (vacations) and whatnot, those got paid for by the company because of her rank. Yes CW had his car bonus as well as her. This is from someone who knew her and very much adored her. Just trying to clear up some quick things I caught but I have not read through all 48 pages
thank you for joining us...I am so truly sorry for all of Shan's loved ones that this tragedy has occurred. I hope that Shan is able to get get justice. This is such a heartbreaking case. Please know that all of us here on WS are sincere in our condolences and concern for you and Shan's loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB