CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed their schedules according to her FB were insane!
Last days of April New Orleans
May 8 - she posted she was thinking about trying to get pregnant
June 11 pregnancy announcement she said she got pregnant on post May 8 ( which makes CW comments make sense it was first try)
June 19 ultrasound (imo this seems soon unless health worries bc of her Lupus)
June 21-26 San Diego with Chris
June 26 got home left 12 hrs later for NC
8-8 got home from NC had told brother sex of baby name Rico
8-10 Gone to Denver
8-13 .....arrived home
I can’t find Dates of HMO docs signed to add to this there was mother’s day , Father’s Day , some birthdays .
IMO she was a rockstar ! I’m looking at her meal prepping and doing her business and a perfectly clean home ! She said she was OCD order came easy for her . IMO it may not for Chris working 40 hours a week , taking more duties with the kids and home . IMO he may have thought this job would allow her to stay at home bc of her lupus and be with kids and now money is still tight and they never see each other and he is super stressed bc he can’t do what she makes look easy. It will be telling when affairs started . He wasn’t wearing ring in pregnancy video . To me he was exhausted and numb . The baby now is his responsibility at home bc she is stellar and will be traveling for work . He mentions the high energy of his daughter , he is unraveling. He knows they have HOA and a trip to Cabo she just won . The affair was an escape that made him feel valued again plus looking better he want used to the attention he “had no game” . I am not sure of the trigger it could be a number of things but I feel he snapped this was not planned . I think it’s inconceivable what he did and inexcusable but everyone noticed a change I believe it wasn’t only the affair . IMO
I was impressed with the 5-weeks of meal prepping she did for him when she was going to be gone. That was really thoughtful. I do one-week at the time and it can be quite a chore, though it does make things so much easier during the week. I'd probably have told him, "I'll do enough for you to have some stuff, but you're on your own for other days."

I think he would have had a temporary insanity defense, if CO accepts that, but in any case he would have had a certain amount of cold acknowledgement from the public for suddenly snapping and going insane. But, we know that didn't happen (IMO) because he cold calculated a way to blame her, to let himself off the unbelievable, burn in all eternity, sin of murdering babies. SHE did it, so he wasn't insane to kill her. Bad reasoning from a guy who doesn't seem too intelligent...he wiped out, in my mind, any claim to insanity.

I agree. He showed no hint of sadness for his girls as he gave interview after interview on the porch. If he had snapped and lost his mind he wouldn't snap back out of it that quickly and if he thought he was sparing them he would still miss them and have an unbelievable hole in his heart.

But none of that showed.

All he showed as far as emotion was some fear response. Maybe a bit of emotion when he said and spelled his kids' names (hard swallow). But nothing like any human being who really loved his kids would show, knowing they had been killed a couple days prior.

The aftermath of the killings shows the reality of what happened. Both his demeanor and thehorriifc allegations against the wife he murdered. He is cold and calculating. And cruel. Much more so than I initially thought.

Attachments

• IMG_9683.PNG
    IMG_9683.PNG
    209.7 KB · Views: 9
What's interesting is that in Colorado they have the option of charging him with first degree AND lesser includeds line second degree and voluntary manslaughter.

(In Colorado second degree is without deliberation but knowingly. Which includes heat of passion cases . Voluntary manslaughter there is more accidental killings. "Reckless".)

But the DA did not charge any lesser includeds.

That tells me that indeed, they feel very confident.

I take comfort in the fact that this DA is handling the case. He is a steely-eyed, no nonsense, determined, decisive and logical person. On multiple occasions news reporters tried to bait him into displaying some sort of emotion over this case that involves the murder of little girls. He refused to take the bait, even as the family stood by. He said he would work the case the same as any other.

He didn't flinch when Shanann's dad broke down sobbing right behind him in court.

This is someone who is able to assess a case, IMO, on the facts and the law. Not on emotion or politics.

So reassuring. Thank you. We are very lucky to have your expertise.

June 11 pregnancy announcement she said she got pregnant on post May 8 ( which makes CW comments make sense it was first try)
8-10 Gone to Denver
8-13 .....arrived home
I can’t find Dates of HMO docs signed to add to this there was mother’s day , Father’s Day , some birthdays .
IMO she was a rockstar ! I’m looking at her meal prepping and doing her business and a perfectly clean home ! She said she was OCD order came easy for her . IMO it may not for Chris working 40 hours a week , taking more duties with the kids and home . IMO he may have thought this job would allow her to stay at home bc of her lupus and be with kids and now money is still tight and they never see each other and he is super stressed bc he can’t do what she makes look easy. It will be telling when affairs started . He wasn’t wearing ring in pregnancy video . To me he was exhausted and numb . The baby now is his responsibility at home bc she is stellar and will be traveling for work . He mentions the high energy of his daughter , he is unraveling. He knows they have HOA and a trip to Cabo she just won . The affair was an escape that made him feel valued again plus looking better he want used to the attention he “had no game” . I am not sure of the trigger it could be a number of things but I feel he snapped this was not planned . I think it’s inconceivable what he did and inexcusable but everyone noticed a change I believe it wasn’t only the affair . IMO
She kept an immaculate home. Did she take care of that big house herself or did she have a housekeeper? Not that it makes any difference. And no slight meant if she had help. With lupus you have good and bad days. She really was a remarkable woman to do all that she did

I was impressed with the 5-weeks of meal prepping she did for him when she was going to be gone. That was really thoughtful. I do one-week at the time and it can be quite a chore, though it does make things so much easier during the week. I'd probably have told him, "I'll do enough for you to have some stuff, but you're on your own for other days."
Seriously I’m looking at myself as a loser looking at her doing everything and looking dressed for success everyday.

He didn't kill himself because he had plans.

I think he planned this whole thing in advance. Which weekend, where to dispose of bodies, what he was going to tell people.

When he thought he was getting away with it he started dropping hints about the next phase in his plan: selling the house.

He really thought he was going to disappear his family and get a fresh start.

Moo

I do too. I don't think he suddenly "snapped". I might have bought that before. Not now.

As others have suggested, I think the delayed flight threw his plans and he didn't have the time he thought he would to dispose of the bodies and stage the house the way he wanted.

Despite this he remained remarkably composed as cops and dogs ran all over his house and the media shoved lights and cameras into his face.

Imagine that. Knowing exactly what carnage just occurred in the house and just standing there, allowing your face to be in close up on a camera for the nation to see, and keeping that straight of a poker face.

Holy ship.

I noticed that he took a couple of deep breaths when the charge was read for murdering SW...I wonder why ? Perhaps because she fought harder or he thought of the baby.... I don't think he took deep breaths when the charges were read about the children, could have missed it.......I think that I would have become hysterical when the felony charges were read for "a child murdered under the age of 12 by a person of trust"....I teared up just hearing that....I believe that the prison has him sedated , his physical appearance has changed so much since his interviews....

Sedated? What makes you think that, just curious. He looks the same to me, albeit a bit less... spritely than he was in the tv interview performances.

I think he took a deep breath at the charges for SW because he thinks those are the only ones he has to worry about.

I truly believe he killed them all, and if that is the case, hope that the evidence removes reasonable doubt from the minds of all the jurors. I’m sorry if this has already been discussed but are there any cases of a spouse murdering the other spouse in response to witnessing, or even coming upon, the spouse having murdered the children? Not to mention, as others have pointed out, he made no mention of trying to interfere with the murder or resuscitate the second child, which makes no sense.

It just occurred to me that there was a case not too long ago of a mother just south of Denver (so would have been in their local news) of a Mom committing murder/suicide of her two young children. Though Shanann didn’t fit that mom’s profile at all, it may have helped him justify the story he came up with.
Colorado Mother Gave 2 Young Sons Drugs Before Fatally Shooting Them, Killing Herself: Coroner

And making 5 weeks of meals isn't something you would do if you were having effectively a trial separation by going away all of July (as we wondered about) or planning to have one on your return.

Would anyone here do 5 weeks frozen portions if they also suspected an affair?

I don't know if he has any illness or mental condition because I'm not a doctor so I don't like to guess. One thing I do know though is Ross Harris had photo's and videos and even people saying he was a brilliant dad but he still put his baby Cooper in his car strapped him in and left him all day in the blazing sun to die. All day he acted normal and even sent photo's of his fanboy but to people he was sexing too. He also had MANY affairs.
I think Chris will also be like him in court too. Ross in court showed no emotion until a witness was sticking up for him and the attention was on poor Ross Harris.

Sorry for the ramble but people can ''act'' like brilliant husbands and dad's and still kill their kids. They can carry on as normal while lying through their teeth.
Sometimes having a loving wife and beautiful kids is just not enough for some people. IMO CW killed his children and SW and I hope he will be found guilty.

I was wondering that too. Weren't the tanks holding hot crude oil that would melt the garbage bags so they would be totally adhered to the bodies? It seems like lots of forensic evidence would be lost or contaminated.
Here is one source, but be warned I know nothing about storage of crude oil...Information for Storage Tank Manufacturers – Fuel Oil Information | Processheaters

The table shows that crude oil in storage should be kept at 40C (104F) minumum. And 50C (122F) "handling" which could mean that it has to be hotter to move more efficiently?

There are probably various kinds of crude, I really don't know, but that range of temperatures from 104F to 122F should be very favorable to decomposition (IMO!!!)

8-10 Gone to Denver
8-13 .....arrived home

It seems alarming how soon she was pregnant after saying they were thinking of trying. I think CW didn't think it would happen at 1st attempt and maybe he regretted saying he wanted to try. I think the affair might have started around this time.

I noticed that he took a couple of deep breaths when the charge was read for murdering SW...I wonder why ? Perhaps because she fought harder or he thought of the baby.... I don't think he took deep breaths when the charges were read about the children, could have missed it.......I think that I would have become hysterical when the felony charges were read for "a child murdered under the age of 12 by a person of trust"....I teared up just hearing that....I believe that the prison has him sedated , his physical appearance has changed so much since his interviews....
The pool video camera drove me crazy. When the judge was reading the charges about the girls, the camera person stayed on the closeup of Shanann's dad crying instead of zooming in on Chris' reaction.

She kept an immaculate home. Did she take care of that big house herself or did she have a housekeeper? Not that it makes any difference. And no slight meant if she had help. With lupus you have good and bad days. She really was a remarkable woman to do all that she did

Superwoman. Perfect Thrive brand ambassador

On her Instagram she often explains how she gets up at 4am and starts cleaning before another huge list of tasks. NUA friend who knew her best also describes some OCD- like behaviour. ( I don't think those are made-up.)

CW's Thrive posts on Insta ( maybe she wrote them as other suggested) have that same theme: "Got up at 4, worked 10 hours in the heat. Played with kids for 2 hours then up for a 10 mile run. "

If CW's story were true (for the record, I don't buy it) it doesn't make any sense that he couldn't have waited until the next day to tell SW he wanted a separation. She came in so late, he had to get to work early and the girls where supposed to start school. If he was such a loving father, wouldn't he want to see them off for their first day?
We’re the girls due to start school the next day? Wouldn’t make sense for CW to claim they’d gone on a play date. And first day at school takes A LOT of preparation. Or did you mean generally after the summer holidays have finished

It seems alarming how soon she was pregnant after saying they were thinking of trying. I think CW didn't think it would happen at 1st attempt and maybe he regretted saying he wanted to try. I think the affair might have started around this time.
I wonder if they'd already started trying. Maybe she even had a suspicion before she announced it.

Yes. When was the last time you heard of any baby killer being harmed in prison?

As I'm in the UK I wasn't sure.
One of our UK partner-killers (not child killers) got attacked in the first night of custody, fortnight ago.
We do have infamous paedophile killers who have been attacked by other prisoners on the same segregation unit.
Our prisons are currently in crisis but we don't do the massive solitary confinement stretches like US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member