CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I agree. But it's another example of him contradicting himself from the start. I think he was going to say they had an emotional conversation and he thinks he left her, but then he got caught and came up with the "I only saw her real quick" cover story. Oops.

Everything was falling apart right in front his eyes while he was giving that interview.
So many contradictions and yet remains amazingly joyful.

Moo

SBM

I feel that Shanann really BELIEVED her life was what she posted on Social Media. Not some fantasy. Personally, I see nothing wrong with that life. (never having been involved in MLM) I mean, my goodness, you have to have goals in life.

There's nothing wrong with a vibrant, beautiful, loving wife & Mother wanting better for her family. Isn't that what we all want?

I GET what everyone is saying about the stress of MLM. Is it really that much more stressful and demanding than you're regular 9 - 5? A waitresses gruelling shift work? A factory worker? An auto mechanic?
A job is a job. Most of them suck the life out of you. Working shifts from 11am til 8pm (did for years), never seeming to get ahead financially.

I applaud Shanann. I praise Shanann. It's not a bad thing to post how positive your life is on Social Media. Many here think it was all for MLM. Look at people's Facebook's, Instagram, they aren't all into MLM, but you see multitudes of happy families. Families struggling financially can still have healthy, loving relationships.

I guess I'm just frustrated at posters saying that Shanann was posting about a 'fake' life. I truly think Shanann lived that life and worked hard for it. It was for the whole family. The. Whole. Family.

How could she know that CW at some point decided to wipe out the family? Deceitful, mimicking, personalities hide in plane view & that to me is terrifying!

How many of us have been fooled by a cheating spouse? (hand up, here) Shanann had just begun feeling that CW might be having an affair. A pregnant Mom of 2. She was still 'living that life' up until the moment she became suspicious about the infidelity. Her husband, the father of her children decided he wanted a change.
This was all premeditated (IMO) Her flight delay might have changed his initial plan, but it seems he must've had a plan B.

I'll say it again, Do you know how many men would give their left nut to have a wife like Shanann??
I’m going on the belief (based on the HOA lawsuit) that the family was deep in debt, and everything is about to cave in. If that’s the case Shanann was living in denial. Believe me I’m not bashing Shanann, these are things that happen to all of us in life, we stop, figure it out, regroup, come up with a better plan, and move forward. We don’t kill anyone over it and we certainly don’t kill our children! I’m only talking about Shannan’s living in the middle of fantasy and reality because I think it will help to understand state of mind.

"I saw her when she got in, but it was really quick, just because it was 2 a.m."

Chris said he woke up around 5:00 AM and began talking to Shanann about marital separation and informed her he wanted to initiate the separation.

AND

At approximately 4:00 AM he informed Shanann he wanted to go through with a separation and they were both upset and crying.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Glad you keep posting these Pommy.
Noticing new things each showing

Did you see hear really stumble. Before 1 minute mark when interviewer asks - wtte "when did you know they'd gone/vanished chris?"
CW :" Yesterd....err err."

stumbling over recall of his script

She needed a good reason for police to go to the house other and she isn’t answering the phone. Is it possible she fibbed about SW
passing out and dr appointment to make it seem more urgent?

Didn't she contact CW first who didn't appear bothered and tried to explain it away as her being on a play date but couldn't say where or with who. She knew something was not right, perhaps for a whole host of reasons that have not yet been made public, but she absolutely knew. She was clearly a convincing caller to LE as they acted on whatever information she gave them. At the end of the day she was right - CW had killed her friend.

Haven’t seen this mentioned except at CrimeOnline (Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed)

I’m not sure if it’s considered MSM, so if not, please remove!

““It was like he was being punished or hurt or something,” the neighbor said. He was just howling. Because we had a dog, I said, ‘What the hell is that all about? So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.””

Does that mean that police were called to the Watts home on two separate occasions that day?

Theory: Maybe if the dog wellness call happened first. Then when NU/A called for ANOTHER wellness check for a pregnant woman and kids to the same address, police knew there was something really wrong.

Thoughts? It’s the only place I’ve seen this reported, so who knows...

I’m going on the belief (based on the HOA lawsuit) that the family was deep in debt, and everything is about to cave in. If that’s the case Shanann was living in denial. Believe me I’m not bashing Shanann, these are things that happen to all of us in life, we stop, figure it out, regroup, come up with a better plan, and move forward. We don’t kill anyone over it and we certainly don’t kill our children! I’m only talking about Shannan’s living in the middle of fantasy and reality because I think it will help to understand state of mind.
How is Shanann the one living in denial or in the middle of fantasy and reality when they were both being sued? You keep saying that you're not bashing her, but it sure sounds like it to me.

I’ve seen no evidence that he killed the girls.
The most blatant clues that he killed his daughter’s are found in the facts that he did not call 911 when one of them was being actively strangled, he concealed their deaths, placed them in crude oil, and finally, lied on national tv repeatedly.

Last edited:
IMO about the cell phone , I am still pondereding over who found it between cushions . However the wording that CW “ultimately surrendered it” suggests hesitation on his part
https://mediaassets.thedenverchanne...est affidavit chris watts_95256653_ver1.0.pdf

Yes, we had Nicole go in when there was a warrantless search of the property. They probably just saw everything in full view that they could. And then later they have gone in with a warrant I would assume, and we have seen nothing of that! The stuff that was hidden, his electronics, her phone warrants, his phone warrant, other warrants!

I think so, too, but why? Do people really act so rashly like that? I guess they do.
“Family Annihilators”: Understanding What Drives Fathers to Kill | TIME.com
The picture that emerged shows that men who kill their families were most likely to commit their crimes on Sundays and in August, times when children are typically out of school. The most common method was stabbing; the second was carbon monoxide poisoning. More than half of the men were in their 30s and more than 80% committed or tried to commit suicide after killing their children. While previous research found that “annihilators” are often characterized by failure, most of the men in the current sample were employed — and had jobs ranging from surgeon to librarian to taxi driver.

Yardley and her team deduced a primary motive for each father’s actions; among the immediate answers to why they did what they did, family breakup was the most common, ahead of financial difficulties and “honor killings,” in which “the father was reported to have felt shamed by the actions of his family.” The most unifying feature among the 59 killers was a perceived threat to their masculinity and a desire to exert power or control. “The family is in a very precarious position,” Yardley says. “Should ‘the family’ as he knows it change due to internal or external factors, this has serious implications for his sense of self.”

I’ve seen no evidence that he killed the girls.
And unless there are fingerprints on the necks of the deceased, or their Echo or baby monitor recorded everything, there isn’t going to be any evidence. So we are left to use our best judgment to determine what happened. With all the facts I have, I can’t logically believe Shanann strangled her girls.

Haven’t seen this mentioned except at CrimeOnline (Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed)

I’m not sure if it’s considered MSM, so if not, please remove!

““It was like he was being punished or hurt or something,” the neighbor said. He was just howling. Because we had a dog, I said, ‘What the hell is that all about? So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.””

Does that mean that police were called to the Watts home on two separate occasions that day?

Theory: Maybe if the dog wellness call happened first. Then when NU/A called for ANOTHER wellness check for a pregnant woman and kids to the same address, police knew there was something really wrong.

Thoughts? It’s the only place I’ve seen this reported, so who knows...
I've been very curious about the dog welfare call too. When exactly did that call happen and when did that welfare check happen? Was it the police or animal control that was called?

I think so, too, but why? Do people really act so rashly like that? I guess they do.
I don't think it was rash. I don't think there was an "emotional conversation". All signs point to it being methodically planned out, with CW continually trying to wiggle out of trouble and maintain his freedom.

It's very hard for people with empathy (most people) to imagine not having any at all, but there are people out there without any empathy, without any any regard for others around them, and no fear of law because they feel above it all.

Moo

her kids went with her, when she went back home to stay with her folks. The meals were basically for him, or the "batchelor" (sic) as she called him in the post about the bulk meals.
She was very considerate of him. I think she really was crazy about him. She praised him a lot on SM but did he ever praise her? In defense of him, maybe it wasn't his style. I think she genuinely loved her life which gave her energy to accomplish. When CW seemed withdrawn did anyone ask him if something was wrong? Maybe SW and C W were getting too busy to have any meaningful conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston