CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, it make better sense to me that SW was too busy taking care of the girls, the home, her husband, Thrive, co workers, clients, her health ~ the list goes on. SW was obviously trying to keep their head above financial waters whereas CW was running every day, going to the gym, following his favorite sports teams and seeing his mistress. CW was probably sneaking to see the mistress when he said he was at the gym IMO. So no, SW was not in denial. She knew her marriage was in trouble and she also knew she had to keep making money to keep them afloat. Hence why she promoted Thrive so fast and furious on facebook.
I agree with everything you say. Somebody wasn’t paying attention to their budget.

This reminds me. Last night as I was falling asleep I was thinking about CW’s long drive to the oil tanks with 3 dead bodies in his car, his own family members. What was he thinking during this drive? It must have been surreal having all their dead bodies in the car, remembering previous trips of all them together in the car when they were alive.
Kidding, right ...CW taking a trip down memory lane? CW believed his own lies! I think it was a feeling of accomplishment, task complete, and inching closer to his new life.

I had Chase. The taxes came out every mortgage payment. I know others that pay their taxes yearly. Don’t know how they did theirs.
I read somewhere that their mortgage was $3,000, but I never saw anything official. Whoever saw that they paid in June, did they pay in July? August?

What is with this discussion about why the friend got involved and called police?

Frankly, IMO, only those without value for human life or empathy would have trouble understanding that it certainly was her place to get involved. In fact, it was her obligation.

The apparent insinuation here that she was mentally imbalanced or had made certain threats or whatever, and thus her friend had reason not to just leave it to her unconcerned husband, is utterly baseless. The friend has explained why she did what she did.

And almost anyone else who values human life and has empathy for others, especially those they love, would do the same damn thing under the same damn circumstances.

This reminds me of something. When I was younger a neighbor that was very close with our family had trouble with his extremely spoiled sons. Despite a week of spoiling them while mom was on a trip, they continued to act up and harass their father. They were out of control. He finally got upset and tried to reign them in. They actually called the police on him and falsely alleged abuse. (I knew because I could hear what was happening in the house and saw the kids running around the neighborhood acting out. He was not abusing them).

A bunch of cops came and neighbors were standing outside. I was upset. Good man. Rotten kids. Another neighbor sauntered up. He always came across as a responsible, intelligent guy who doted on his dog. He saw I was very concerned for this close neighbor/family friend. He was incredulous. "Why do you care? That's not your family?"

I learned a lot about who this man truly was and what he did and didn't value. A few years later I saw that the dog he doted on, bragged about and took everywhere was left alone and filthy in his backyard, totally neglected.

Suffice it to say you cannot explain empathy to someone who may lack the capacity for it.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I really cannot recall ever knowing a man who did not enjoy being catered to. Hmmm.
1t0ebb.jpg
1t0ebb.jpg
Bucket list entry. Find a guy to make 5 weeks of pre-prepared freezer meals for me. This seems a little obsessive, but my sister does it for her hubby all the time. Bakes and freezes cakes and muffins for him that she, herself, can't eat.

Somebody showed the assessors receipt that taxes are paid. It’s usually something that gets set up at closing when you buy your house so it’s automatic for the life of the loan. And is a serious obligation taken on by the service dept of the mortgage co. They usually escrow the insurance and pay that too.
Is it here on WS? How long would it take to find it?

Well if he fell from 171k to 65k that would be a lot more detrimental to his psyche than any over mothering Shanann may have done by pre-preparing meals for him. Anyway he made his own choices every step along the way, as we all do.
Someone thinks she was mothering him because she made him meals? Wow! I make my husband meals, when I have gone on trips without him, because I love him and he can't cook. He always makes sure I have everything I might need for any trip, before I leave. I thought this, was what marriage was all about.

I think with these MLMs, the appeal is the cash flow generated. But it looks to me like you might be lucky if you can break even and/or get to the point of not having to lay out money for your supply. It’s almost like the company has you paying them for the work you do.

The car allowances and the vacations are usually taxable on the personal portions and you have to fill out forms for expense reimbursement on the business side. As long as money is flowing you can make your plan work and live up to your obligations. But, one little slip and the landslide begins.
I believe you. What I am failing to understand is how La-Vel deserves blame for these murders as DAdvocate insinuated earlier. And now we have another poster who believes Shanann's career choice is the reason for their deep financial problems, thus CW's low self-esteem. Or something along those lines. (Maybe it was the freezer meals and I'm confused.) I'm just trying to wrap my head around all of that.

All MOO, I see a classic D.A.R.VO. by C.W. (deny/attack/reverse/victim-offender) - typical of narc/sociopaths when caught.

Examples:
- It’s not what I did that’s the big issue but your reaction!
And -
“Who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?” (Richard Pryor)
And-
How dare you look in the windows, call for a welfare check and be alarmed about SW!? that is just criminal and wrong! ()

I’m pretty sure if I saw a home with smoke billowing out, I would call 911 a “welfare” check. - NUA felt justified to immediately call for help. Who can provide irrefutable argument on why she shouldn’t have?

I’m absolutely sure I would call 911 if I saw someone attacking my family.
Yes, yes, yes.

And sadly I think not just SW had to deal with this on a regular basis, but those poor babies as well.

Knowing the type I think all the girls in that household had to walk on eggshells and work very hard for any affection, all the while probably thinking (and being told) it's all their fault.

Moo

Shanann's friend (that just joined the forum, sorry cant remember her nic) said that Shanann WAS a top earner. She said Shanann wasn't just putting forth a false image. A what you see is what you get kind of lady.

I agree. But I’m not talking about her image, I’m talking about the working capital that apparently one has to put out to buy and sell the product. It’s not just that you can buy it outright, you have to buy in. And then sell it to others to make it affordable for yourself. You have to sell a lot before you make profit.

I’m going on the belief (based on the HOA lawsuit) that the family was deep in debt, and everything is about to cave in. If that’s the case Shanann was living in denial. Believe me I’m not bashing Shanann, these are things that happen to all of us in life, we stop, figure it out, regroup, come up with a better plan, and move forward. We don’t kill anyone over it and we certainly don’t kill our children! I’m only talking about Shannan’s living in the middle of fantasy and reality because I think it will help to understand state of mind.
Why do you think she was the only one living in denial? If they were in as deep a debt as it appears, she wasn't the only one living in denial, he was too.

I have never understood the logic of a person having an affair and then killing their spouse.

Like the AP isn't going to find out that they were married/are a suspect/are a murderer.
They can't really believe they are are going to be able to stay in the affair while their murdered spouse is missing.
How do they see this as a bridge to a new life, it baffles me.

I know we see this time and time again but it still seems like such a weird motive.

Someone thinks she was mothering him because she made him meals? Wow! I make my husband meals, when I have gone on trips without him, because I love him and he can't cook. He always makes sure I have everything I might need for any trip, before I leave. I thought this, was what marriage was all about.

Yes it is what it is all about.

Apparently, it is only judged when the spouse ends up dead, and people need to guess what was wrong with the relationship or the murderer.

I had Chase. The taxes came out every mortgage payment. I know others that pay their taxes yearly. Don’t know how they did theirs.
We talked about this several threads back and I remember looking at their tax payments (sorry, I didn't save it), so JMO, but they were paid bi-annually in February and July or August (IIRC) by Chase, on time, each year since purchase.

Last edited:
I don't have the answer to your question, but you have caused me to wonder where his truck was when they were doing the K-9 searches. I don't remember seeing it in the videos, but may have missed it. Was it parked down the street where it was eventually towed from? Anybody know?
I'm not sure we ever saw the truck, or that it was an issue until it was being towed and newscaster mentioned it was parked a couple blocks away. I read elsewhere that CW helped friends move the earlier birthday party set up, and conveniently left truck parked there (i.e., 2 blks from home). Regardless, I believe truck not home was intentional. Sure didn't want to be seen cleaning the truck at home!

Calling for assistance for someone when there's good reason to believe they could be in need of medical assistance is not anything like 'getting involved'.

It doesn't matter if you're the friend, a postman, a neighbor, if you have reason to suspect someone is in the home unconscious, even if they didn't have young children, that is a good and valid reason to call LE for a wellness check. It doesn't equate to 'getting involved' or 'snooping' or any other negative terms you have used.
I can't get past the idea that DAdvocate speaks about Shanann as if she were the chattel of Chris and this woman had no right messing around with the belongings of this man. That is how every line of "how dare she" get involved sounds. She got involved because it is very, very obvious Shanann wanted her involved. Involved in her life, involved in her business, involved in picking her up from the airport and delivering her safely to what she thought was her sleeping babies and loving husband, involved in being a confidant about her marriage, involved in her being part of her high risk pregnancy. She is involved in every step of this because Shanann trusted and involved her. Shanann is not Chris' chattel and therefore can't be tended to by anyone but Chris. I am kinda insulted as a woman to listen to someone act as if permission were needed by Chris to move forward concerns about Shanann. NU/NA did not need f%^$ing permission from Chris to be involved. She was involved because Shanann wanted her involved. That is all that was required.

Yes, yes, yes.

And sadly I think not just SW had to deal with this on a regular basis, but those poor babies as well.

Knowing the type I think all the girls in that household had to walk on eggshells and work very hard for any affection, all the while probably thinking (and being told) it's all their fault.

Moo
Just out of curiosity, did you watch any of SW's FB videos?

I'm not sure we ever saw the truck, or that it was an issue until it was being towed and newscaster mentioned it was parked a couple blocks away. I read elsewhere that CW helped friends move the earlier birthday party set up, and conveniently left truck parked there (i.e., 2 blks from home). Regardless, I believe truck not home was intentional. Sure didn't want to be seen cleaning the truck at home!

Very interesting. Did they mention what day he helped with party clean up?

I wonder where he normally parked his truck, you know on days where he hadn't murdered his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole