CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he qualified when he was making the big bucks; something like $140K. It is interesting that she was not originally included in the purchase but added later. When their income took a dive, they should have dumped this unaffordable house. However, that would not fit the image that needed to be projected. Today's young people want now what it took their parents a lifetime to achiever.
MOO

sorry to contradict but I'm pretty sure his 140k salary has been discounted a few times as an early WS error,
unfortunately I've no idea how to re-find those posts which state that.

(Members CattleKate & MerryB have done tons of research on finances so might be on their profile pages here, if needed.)

Pinterest has a ton of freezer meal recipes. I made them for myself for several months while on a very strict diet due to an upcoming surgery. That way I didn't have to prepare two different meals every night. Life saver!

Shanann was obviously a very caring wife to take the time to do that for CW. I wonder if he was on a special diet of some kind?

Haha, I just said the same thing about Pinterest to Layla. Definitely takes time to do! Good luck on your surgery!!!

I'm posting some links/info on how cadaver dogs work (bolding by me in the quotes below). There is also a lot of good info about how cadaver dogs work on Dylan Redwine's threads.

From this link:

Cadaver dogs: attending camp with the canines trained to smell death

"Another search that sticks out in Hreniuk’s mind was in Slate Hill, New York. A farmer’s dog brought the body of a baby to his backyard. The farmer reported it to state police and Hreniuk and her dog were asked to search for more evidence. “We were told the body was missing a foot, so I imagined that was what we were looking for.

“It was a cold day in February, and snowing pretty heavily. I was finishing my search area near a dump that was on the farm property. My dog, Remy, showed interest in an area and finally pinpointed the source and pulled up from the snow a clear plastic bag that had blood in it,” said Hreniuk. She radioed for the police who were waiting in the farmhouse. In the meantime, Remy kept working through the snow, and found some type of patterned material with blood on it. “Since it was evidence, I didn’t touch it. The blood was confirmed to be human at the scene.”"

From this link: What Cadaver Dogs Are Sniffing For When They Look For a Body | Inverse

"Human bodies decompose in five basic stages, and each of those stages produces dozens of different odors. In an attempt to classify them, researchers from Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the University of Tennessee teamed up with the FBI to build a “decompositional odor analysis database.” In a 2004 article in the Journal of Forensic Science, they explained their process: First, they buried four bodies in graves between 1.5 and 3.5 feet deep and, over the course of the next year and a half, used traps to capture the air that emanated from the rotting bodies through the ground. After analyzing 374 samples from the graves, they found out just how many volatile chemicals the human body makes when it decomposes: a whopping 424.

Many of these scents are likely identifiable only by trained dogs, but a few will stick out even to the common human nose: cadaverine, putrescine, skatole, and indole. As Inverse has explained in the past, these compounds smell particularly rank:"

In other articles I read, it was stated that cadaver dogs have found bodies buried 12 feet in the ground and even underwater. IMO if Bella's and CeCe's bodies were put in bags, it would not have deterred the decomp scents from being left behind.

JMO but I think LE did the searches intentionally while CW was being interviewed outside the house, so as to unnerve him and have his reactions recorded. Same with the reporter's question about the shirt.

This was very interesting. Thanks for researching and posting.

bad tattoo.
The style fits with the bands he likes on his Instagram though.
I have a bunch of inked-up friends and they often post tattoos like this to mock them. Me, personally, get whatever you want on your body. It's your body, not mine. I can't ever decide on what I want, so all I have is a dog paw print on one of my arms. lol

Curious what the same necklace CW is wearing in all these pictures is/means. Just a few pics I found on line but I am sure there are more.
CW isn't wearing the necklace in any of his interviews after they went missing. Wonder if SW tore it off his neck? Makes me wonder about that in conjunction with the purple lupus bracelet and wedding ring that he was no longer wearing after they went missing too.

imagev1f99b9af40d83013e8affc45f01d7d83c-hilyl070zb815n3qsq2_ct460x258.jpg

imagev144095b2d14171ed6fc2540140b671e16-5k90y5wutdhklm3qsq2_t460.jpg

imagev1d820eb0f7496d74dd694ed4bd5dc0fdc-ors7tzttszbohm3qsq2_t460.jpg

imagev17d747508a778846a078e850aebe50f02-abzbzvfsfuxn1lj8tq2_t460.jpg

frederick-family-4.jpg
Great catch.

It just looks like the typical male version of the "tramp stamp". Probably not much significance to it at all.[/QUOTE

Wow, he was really into tats! Kinda surprising considering their tight budget....but then again I don’t know when he got these various tattoos.

We are also forgetting that the bank requires you to have home insurance throughout the duration of the mortgage sometimes.

So they were probably paying an extra amount just for home insurance plus property taxes that are not cheap when your home cost 1 million and up. Jmo

There are many kinds of evidence. Guilty verdicts are often based on circumstantial evidence.

The reason I said "actual" evidence is simply because we don't know for sure what evidence exists. We only know what is being reported. It would be awesome if we could see what tangible evidence exists. As for circumstantial evidence securing convictions, you cannot be anymore correct. It happens ALL the time

It would had CW not continued to function in such a normal or typical way both before and after the event. No such blips on the radar with the people who knew him so well. A major psychotic break would be the only explanation for me, but he too conveniently snapped back and wasn't "OMGosh, I blacked out and what happened to my wife and children". And he wouldn't have hidden the bodies and lied. It's just too convenient.

Yes. I have never heard of a case of someone having a psychotic break that severe, coming out of it so quickly and then so calmly and quickly concealing the crimes, lying about it and giving clear, dry-eyed and composed interviews to the media right after. That's not how psychosis, drug induced or otherwise, works.

We have all seen and heard cases of actual psychosis/mental illness-related murder. The perps almost universally either confess or at the least, do not try to hide the crime.

They don't calmly lie and create alibis.

It just looks like the typical male version of the "tramp stamp". Probably not much significance to it at all.

*sigh* I have a tramp stamp. As someone who is hopelessly uncool, I never knew they were called such a thing until after I got one. Now I am totally embarassed to let people see it, ha ha. It means nothing. My husband and I both got tattoos on our first date (which is weird considering how nerdy and boring we both are) and I literally chose it because it was "pretty."

To anyone who suggests it was not SW's friend's place to get involved.......I say it is more than our place to get involved when a friend, or even a stranger, is likely in harms way. It is our duty.
We humans have obligations in this world. It is to the wellbeing of others.
I t wasn't my business when my neighbours keep battering their kids but I've still phoned social services and the police twice and I won't hesitate to do it again either.
People with that frame of mind would probably walk past an elderly person getting best up and put their head down and say it's not their business. Ok exaggeration maybe but you get the idea.

Wait. Why do we think the media reports that he confessed were wrong? LE said that he confessed the same night he was arrested.

It’s been discussed a fair bit that LE never said he confessed to killing them all.

Some appear to be on a mission to cause damage to SW's reputation. While others genuinely believe Chris's story. Debate is good. Looking at both sides is good. Trying to harm someone's reputation because of what Chris said, after he confessed to killing SW, is totally something different.

I’m sorry, I have to ask. Is this aimed at me, as well as the blatantly obvious people I know you’re referring to? I sure hope not. I consider myself a pretty good writer, so I cannot imagine my post having lacked the basics for reading comprehension. Passive aggressiveness is something that personally irritates me, so I will always ask for clarification.

I would be honestly shocked if my post was taken as anything other than what I literally said it was—defense theory based on professional specialty. Quite literally the “debate is good” and “looking at both sides is good” thing you are claiming you believe to be true (although, tbh, the entire rest of your post seems to contradict these statements).

Emotions run everything. Two innocent children and a pregnant mother are dead. Someone has to pay. The reason I bring up a possible expansion on his defense is because it is what I actually do for a living. What I cannot stand (and what has me really really saddened through discovery in reading people’s thoughts) is that they’ve convicted him in their minds unilaterally across the board for all of the murders, and there’s zero chance in their minds that there is any truth to anything else. That is SCARY when you consider how our justice system (which is so so so flawed) is supposed to work, and how many people have lost their lives—both literally and figuratively—because people auto draft to “EVERYTHING MY EMOTIONS TEL ME ARE FACT!11!1!!” .. it is absolutely terrifying.

Regardless, as my post said, I know he is guilty of at least one murder. That premeditated charge will stick based on his own account of the facts and the legal definition of premeditation. The minimum sentence is life. He’s done. It’s over. He will die in prison. Just my (experienced) OO.

Yes. I have never heard of a case of someone having a psychotic break that severe, coming out of it so quickly and then so calmly and quickly concealing the crimes, lying about it and giving clear, dry-eyed and composed interviews to the media right after. That's not how psychosis, drug induced or otherwise, works.

We have all seen and heard cases of actual psychosis/mental illness-related murder. The perps almost universally either confess or at the least, do not try to hide the crime.

They don't calmly lie and create alibis.

Gitana1,

You obviously know what you're talking about! Do you happen to know if his defense team is attempting to utilize a mental illness defense?

Thank you! Hence my frustrations with the careless assumptions being thrown out
Hey Everyone,
Stop with the investigation into where Shanann worked. The company did not kill Shanann. Let's show respect for your verified friend please. I do not want her spending all her time trying to defend her employment especially since her employment has nothing to do with the case.
Thank you,
Tricia
PS. Please alert if you see any more posts about Shannan's job that is not case related.
Thank you

Legal question here. If members of the jury believe he had a mental illness or if was pushed to the brink because of the current stress of life, but believe he did kill them all, would the current charges stand or would they convict of lesser charges?

I was wondering that too. Weren't the tanks holding hot crude oil that would melt the garbage bags so they would be totally adhered to the bodies? It seems like lots of forensic evidence would be lost or contaminated.

I don’t believe they hold hot oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member