CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel that he was going to go back the same evening and dispose of SW's body better - whether in a tank or similar, by whatever means. I think he'd run out of time and hadn't thought through some aspect of getting her into one of them. ( Weight, carrying, aperture etc)
That's what I think too. He didn't want any of them found ever again.

His plan was so ludicrous. He could have easily staged a murder/suicide, numerous other ways to avoid detection and create more reasonable doubt.

Good thing he is not the "sharpest tool in the box". Which makes me think that this was not too well organized .
This is what makes me think it was a rage killing, something that wasn't planned.

Or maybe he is so narcissistic that he wanted to be caught and have national attention put him. jmo.

Totally agree.

I liked your question 2 pages back but haven't got to it yet:

Regardless of who AP is ( and we all think we know) what if someone had told SW whilst she was away on the Thrive trip?
We don't know her at all but what would she do if she was 15 wks pregnant w a gender reveal party coming at the weekend.
Would she resist discussing it when she got back at 2am and leave it til later?

We don’t know they were playing corpses though, that’s a meaning we have ascribed to the photo afterwards, knowing what we know.
My kids would put a sheet over their dolls head copying how I put the blanket over their heads when they ask me to cover them with a blanket, it’s just a silly thing I do that makes three giggle before I put it over them properly. Or they might cover the doll with the sheet to “hide” her, then pull it up to make sure the face was covered, not realising they had uncovered the feet. Small children are not particularly good at hiding themselves or other things. Like I say, it’s something I could see my own kids doing, and the sinister overtones could actually just be coincidental.

I also had the thought they may have been copying something they saw on tv or what have you. I totally understand that it does look very sinister now. I’m just not convinced that it was in that moment.

I believe it can show if she went to sleep right away!

It can track heart rate also! If her heart rate only increased once and then stopped well that’s pretty damn good evidence to refute his claims not to mention show time of death! If she was upset from an “emotional conversation” and took it out on the kids (which I in NO way believe) I would think her heart rate would have been increased then as well.

We don’t know they were playing corpses though, that’s a meaning we have ascribed to the photo afterwards, knowing what we know.
My kids would put a sheet over their dolls head copying how I put the blanket over their heads when they ask me to cover them with a blanket, it’s just a silly thing I do that makes three giggle before I put it over them properly. Or they might cover the doll with the sheet to “hide” her, then pull it up to make sure the face was covered, not realising they had uncovered the feet. Small children are not particularly good at hiding themselves or other things. Like I say, it’s something I could see my own kids doing, and the sinister overtones could actually just be coincidental.

My kids do similar things all the time. I agree that it is horribly coincidental but doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I died tomorrow and people scrolled through my SM, they'd find all kinds of crazy things my kids said or did (like last week when they randomly went through the house color coding the furniture with post its, marking the stuff they want when I die). They see things on TV, hear of things in passing, etc but mostly they come up with this stuff on their own.

It says it can take only take seconds and of course it's horrific, disgusting, gross and all the other words, but changing the narrative for a reaction is not necessary MOO

I don't think it's changing the narrative. IIRC, we don't know how long it took, it could have taken minutes. Either way it is disgusting.

Please delete if can't use this link: Wiki Strangulation (domestic violence) - Wikipedia
"Unconsciousness may occur within seconds of strangulation and death within minutes"

I don't mean to create a rabbit trail, but we don't know it was strangulation until we get the official COD.

What if it was asphyxiation instead, such as a plastic bag? I mean, there are lots of ways that asphyxiation could be accomplished, aren't there?

In fact, the only evidence we have that the girls were strangled came from CW when he asked for their necks to be checked for DNA, isn't that right?

Regardless of who AP is ( and we all think we know) what if someone had told SW whilst she was away on the Thrive trip?
We don't know her at all but what would she do if she was 15 wks pregnant w a gender reveal party coming at the weekend.
Personally speaking I couldn't wait.

I deal w suicidal people each day. No one ever sees it coming.
In this case, I haven't read enough yet to get a real "feel" for whatever SW might've been thinking.
Those kids being in oil tanks just breaks my heart tho. Just so sorry for them.
If anyone here is family on either side or even knows (knew :( ) these kids or this lady, please extend my sincerest condolences.
Chi
ETA I am also a long-ago retired funeral director etc and I have to just say that cremation isn't anything like what happened in this case. JMO

I don't mean to create a rabbit trail, but we don't know it was strangulation until we get the official COD.

What if it was asphyxiation instead, such as a plastic bag? I mean, there are lots of ways that asphyxiation could be accomplished, aren't there?

In fact, the only evidence we have that the girls were strangled came from CW when he asked for their necks to be checked for DNA, isn't that right?
Right! speculation

Just casting out a line here, but is there any evidence of CW being a narcissist? Wanting attention, etc. Because looking at how poorly his plan was, going on national T.V. and begging for their return, burying SW's body where it could be seen, it makes me think he possibly planned all this for attention and fame.

I think its odd that posts were removed from her FB page. When posts were deleted, I would have also deleted that one just to stop the speculation.

I saw her page before everything was deleted. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what stayed and what was made private. All the Thrive stuff is still up.

OMG, you are right. He definitely revealed smugness in that interview. I hadn't thought of if in that light until now.

The thing that really strikes me about each of the videos is how little he cares. He can't even pretend to care with any sincerity.

When I first watched his interviews, right at the beginning, I thought he seemed mad at Shan'Ann. Like, deep down mad. Where he said it's fine for her not to answer messages from him but she wouldn't do that to 'her people'... Gave me the impression he didn't think he was one of 'her people'.

The more you watch those interviews, the more terrifying they get. I can't even imagine what horrors went on in that house.

My gut feeling as I know others have is that he had murdered his beautiful daughters before Shan'Ann arrived home and their 'emotional conversation' started from there.

Hello everyone,
I am new to the conversation, but not new to websleuths. I would like to give my opinion, but please keep me in line with the rules:

Regarding CW's account of what happened, I read somewhere that he asked to speak to his father before giving this account. I believe his dad is who encouraged him to sell this story to LE because you can get less time if it does'nt look like a "premeditated" murder. Premeditation is hard to prove and this may also be why he is holding back on his plea. I also saw an interview of a friend who worked at a beauty salon. The friend was speaking about meeting CW and saying that he was "standoffish". She mentioned that SW had confided in her that they were planning to split and a separation had been discussed regularly. So how can SW be so distraught hearing this from Chris if it was already in the plans??? Although I feel that SW struggled to pull the trigger on this relationship, I feel that she knew a different side of CW than what she displayed. People don't just snap and become violent enough to kill without having demonstrated violence or previous abuse in the past. I also find it odd that a woman who constantly overshared on SM about her life and detailed her every move would NEVER (to my knowledge) explain how she got the scar on her neck (visible in multiple pics) or why she had worn a neck brace last year. Just food for thought!

When a sociopath is exposed in any way, shape or form, they take it out on the "exposing party". When they know they are no longer tricking you, it's "game over" time! Unfortunatly, I think he was ready to show his true colors and she fought back (hence the marks on his arm during interview). I think this is all about CONTROL and nothing to do with affairs or finances. The prosecution needs to paint a picture of a controlling abusive and narcissistic husband. Just MOO!

If you can believe CW, in one of the interviews, a reporter asked him if he saw/was awake when SW got home from AZ and his response was something to the effect of barely, "being late," and it was "real quick." The "real quick" definitely stuck with me. LE alleges CW said it was 4AM when he told SW he wanted separation, and told another investigator it was 5AM. I'm skeptical of everything he says until forensic info comes out.

Hello everyone,
I am new to the conversation, but not new to websleuths. I would like to give my opinion, but please keep me in line with the rules:

Regarding CW's account of what happened, I read somewhere that he asked to speak to his father before giving this account. I believe his dad is who encouraged him to sell this story to LE because you can get less time if it does'nt look like a "premeditated" murder. Premeditation is hard to prove and this may also be why he is holding back on his plea. I also saw an interview of a friend who worked at a beauty salon. The friend was speaking about meeting CW and saying that he was "standoffish". She mentioned that SW had confided in her that they were planning to split and a separation had been discussed regularly. So how can SW be so distraught hearing this from Chris if it was already in the plans??? Although I feel that SW struggled to pull the trigger on this relationship, I feel that she knew a different side of CW than what she displayed. People don't just snap and become violent enough to kill without having demonstrated violence or previous abuse in the past. I also find it odd that a woman who constantly overshared on SM about her life and detailed her every move would NEVER (to my knowledge) explain how she got the scar on her neck (visible in multiple pics) or why she had worn a neck brace last year. Just food for thought!

When a sociopath is exposed in any way, shape or form, they take it out on the "exposing party". When they know they are no longer tricking you, it's "game over" time! Unfortunatly, I think he was ready to show his true colors and she fought back (hence the marks on his arm during interview). I think this is all about CONTROL and nothing to do with affairs or finances. The prosecution needs to paint a picture of a controlling abusive and narcissistic husband. Just MOO!
She did explain the scar. It was from a surgical procedure. As was the neck brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem