CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the issue. He wouldn't be provided with a supply of contacts, solution, contacts case etc in jail. You get only the bare basics, you don't get to pack a bag

Well, he sure wasn't wearing glasses during his interview and such. Haha... he did have time to pack one tho instead of doing those things.

Yep - perhaps I've watched, read or heard too many things go wrong. My best friends husband is an attorney too - yeah I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

I'm a dispatcher and I definitely would. You can always change the code after.

I think he was just frantically trying to stall so he could think of a way to stop them going in.. Of course he couldn't think of a way to do that

This may have been discussed in detail previously, and if it was, I missed it.

As for the truck he used to transport their bodies, do we know if that was his personal truck or if the truck was owned by his employer?

If it was owned by his employer, was there GPS on the truck?

It appears CW denied having an affair until LE found the affair and confronted him with proof.

I'm wondering if CW was also confronted by LE with proof (GPS?) that LE knew the truck he was driving was at a specific location at a specific time and that a fresh grave had been located at that location, in addition to a sheet that came from CW's bed.

Any insight into this is appreciated. Sorry if this has already been discussed. If it was, I missed it.
The dark colored truck seen being impound by LE was said to be CW "work truck," but the ownership never confirmed. Earlier poster commented there was no company logo visible on the truck but I can't say for sure. LE provided that they were using drones and had knowledge of the location of SW prior to CW confession. I believe the drone info was in the arrest affidavit, but don't recall anything about GPS. Perhaps that will come out at trial.

I don't know - could have worked and he just didn't want LE and N to go in without him. Maybe he wanted to see what they looked at and at their reaction/body language.
That's what I think. I think he wanted to see what LE would be seeing in the house. He wanted to know. And maybe he couldn't even remember everything in the house that might look suspicious. He couldn't say she went on a playdate, for example, if the purse was still there....oh, wait. He did say that.

I don't see anything in his actions that indicates protecting his wife's reputation as he later claimed. What I see is a man looking to protect himself.

jmopinion

I think it's possible that during the course of SW killing the children, as CW walked in, she said something like she was going to blame it on him. That may have been why after he snapped and killed her that he disposed of the bodies, because he knew he would be blamed. IMO
I totally disagree.
In any case, that scenario didn't work for him. He is in jail.

I'm curious if anyone is going to (or already has) accompanied the remains of Sha'nann , Bella, Celeste& baby Nico on their way back to NC.

IIRC Anadarko is paying for the funerals. Good on them.
Thoughts and prayers for the families grieving such loss as these precious children & Mom.

It is remarkable to me how isolated CW obviously was. He faced the news camaras alone on Tuesday, a day after his family died and he disposed of the bodies in a remote location. From what I can tell, the only family member that flew in to be with him was his father, who didn't arrive until Wednesday morning---more than 48 hours after the loss of his family.

What a tragic figure.

Oh, I dunno. My family AND my husband’s family are both extremely spread out both geographically, and emotionally. While we all love each other in our own ways, and we do not fight, I can’t see any of them flying out to support me unless someone had been confirmed dead. And even then, it might take them several days to a week to get around to it. I mean, yeah, it’s sad, but it doesn’t really mean the family is super dysfunctional. Maybe a little dysfunctional, like any family, LOL, but not to a psycho level.

Once he was forced/decided to put the bodies at his work site... he was up doodoo creek without a paddle every way you looked at it. Only thing I can think of is saying someone else did it and took them there to frame him.

I'm curious if anyone is going to (or already has) accompanied the remains of Sha'nann , Bella, Celeste& baby Nico on their way back to NC.

IIRC Anadarko is paying for the funerals. Good on them.
Thoughts and prayers for the families grieving such loss as these precious children & Mom.
Crazy how many people this is affecting, I'm sure that company is devastated.

Once he was forced/decided to put the bodies at his work site... he was up doodoo creek without a paddle every way you looked at it. Only thing I can think of is saying someone else did it and took them there to frame him.

That, and I found it so weird that he didn’t put all three in an oil tank, while he was at it. I mean, he was already being a sicko, why not finish? I wonder if maybe he noticed someone on the property and had to just get out of there, fast? Because honestly those oil tanks were a super good hiding place. Had he been a better liar and took some additional precautions, this would have been a really tough case to solve.

The whole thing is very weird. How drastic his actions, and how fast his confession, and how sloppy the deed. It’s like he just totally and completely cracked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState