CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall where I saw it or read it but it was something along the lines the door was locked to where SW couldn't get into the house without calling CW to let her in. If the master bedroom is upstairs I believe he killed her right away so that he wouldn't have to move her body to far. JMO of course I could be way off :)
If this is true he killed the girls first. He needed to make sure he knew exactly when she got home and that NU didn't try to come in either. I was leaning more towards that they got into a fight and he killed her in a rage and then killed the girls but with this piece of information I think he killed the girls first.

If this is true he killed the girls first. He needed to make sure he knew exactly when she got home and that NU didn't try to come in either. I was leaning more towards that they got into a fight and he killed her in a rage and then killed the girls but with this piece of information I think he killed the girls first.

Probably had confidence that friend wouldn't come in at that late an hour... almost 2am.

I'm still on the fence if he killed the girls first or SW. In his story the girls died prior to SW so there maybe some truth to that. He can't blame SW if evidence shows SW died first so we will see what comes out.

I guess we will find out more once we know what everyone was wearing when the bodies were recovered.
What evidence could be gathered that would prove the order of the murders, I wonder? If he brought the girls to the tanks while SW was out of town, that would obviously mean he killed them first. But what else could tell us the order?

jmo

I'm still on the fence if he killed the girls first or SW. In his story the girls died prior to SW so there maybe some truth to that. He can't blame SW if evidence shows SW died first so we will see what comes out.
I just hope the truth comes out. If CW killed them all, I hope there is clear evidence to that fact, otherwise his supporters will forever blame SW. That is why I asked my question about if we know for SURE he didn't dispose of the girls earlier. I know LE will look into all of that.

What evidence could be gathered that would prove the order of the murders, I wonder? If he brought the girls to the tanks while SW was out of town, that would obviously mean he killed them first. But what else could tell us the order?

jmo
Not sure and could the oil change decomposition. I really hope they can tell times of death from the medical examination. Fingers Crossed.

jmo

If the girls are wearing the clothes that they wore to the party and not pajamas then they died before bedtime. And also stomach contents. I read somewhere that food takes 2-6 hours to breakdown. If they had food in their stomach from the party or food from dinner depending on the level of breakdown it would nail down time also.

If the girls are wearing the clothes that they wore to the party and not pajamas then they died before bedtime. And also stomach contents. I read somewhere that food takes 2-6 hours to breakdown. If they had food in their stomach from the party or food from dinner depending on the level of breakdown it would nail down time also.
I think if the evidence is strong enough he may plea. It's going to get interesting.

jmo
The autopsy would show how long since the girls ate last. Possibly if they had a burger at the party etc.

I guess we will find out more once we know what everyone was wearing when the bodies were recovered.
I've been curious about that, too, from another aspect. I wonder if a body would ever sink in crude oil. Or maybe it would when it was just bones, thus more dense (than it would have been with flesh/clothes). I'm just curious about the design of the tanks and if a body never plugged up an outlet, what would be the time frame for discovery of it.

I'm still torn between these theories:

1. She came home, they fought, she killed the girls, he killed her and then freaked.
2. She killed the girls as part of a murder-suicide, but he stopped her and killed her and then freaked.
3. He killed them all, and was planning to kill himself and then backed out.

I'm with #3. BUT, I'm biased, so... I haven't given my thoughts because I actually knew SW, through SM for many years. Pre CW.

Here is the location where the bodies were found in relation to their home in Frederick.

Google Maps
A picture is worth a thousand words, Bill Carson -- Thanks much for the map! I saw it on the previous thread, but it was closed -- thanks for carrying it forward.

And yes, that area is quite remote. I wonder how he knew of that particular location -- did his job involve that area? Very, very remote -- shows thinking & planning, IMO. I can't imagine making that drive with my two dead little girls who were my flesh & blood in that car. Probably his dead wife was with them, too. What a cold, cold man their ~daddy~ was. And after he got to the site, he carried it out and probably heard the splash when they were thrown in there... And then he got the shovel...SMH
Death Penalty offense for sure, IMHO.

I don't think there is any way they will be able to pinpoint TOD with any accuracy in this case using evidence from the bodies. There may be other evidence that would help with the timeline, but the bodies had been dead for 60 hours for the mother and 72 for the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx