CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I cannot comprehend that she would. Do you not see what I wrote? "I just can't comprehend that anyone would commit such a horrific act."

Right. However, we already know that he put them in a vat of crude oil on his work site. So one of those two parents killed those babies.

Either the father did, or the mother. If I have to choose between the 2 of them, to decide who had the stronger motive to rid themselves of the children, I'd have to go with Dad.

I want to say thanks to @GraceG for helping me to figure out the name of Edward Zakrzewski. (Also @MrsWatson and @Harriet Vane for offering to help).

He is an example of a family annihilator who did not commit suicide.

He had no criminal history, yet murdered his wife and two children (ages 5 and 7). He then went on the run. Several months later, someone identified him from the program Unsolved Mysteries, and he turned himself in.

This case was completely overshadowed by the OJ Simpson case - the bodies were found the morning of June 13, 1994, just hours after the bodies of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were found.

He is still on death row today.

You can read more about him here
WOW, I never heard of this case. Unsolved Mysteries did so much good, but I don't think it's on anymore. Do they have a file for this case on WS?

Deleted because reply function didn’t work right, so my post made no sense.

In fact did he say something in oneof the interviews about the last three or few days being horrible? I need to add that to my list. The interviews were the day after the murders according to him. He killed his wife after she strangled the girls on Monday morning. So what did he mean by the "last few days"?

Someone who rarely posts noticed that recently. Perhaps he killed the girls on Sunday.
Yup, and would have also killed SW on Sunday if her flight was not delayed!

That begs the question: how would People verify facts? How could they have any more information than any of the rest of us outside the family or LE?

That illustrates why it is so important for the police to withhold some details of the investigation---to eliminate people who get sick thrills off claiming responsibilities for crimes. Remember that guy that showed up claiming that he had killed Jonbenet?

In other crime cases that People do stories on, they get 'inside' info from the families. So sometimes they are given pictures of the home, and of family events, that have not been online or in the media already. And they interview them for any kernels of unknown info about their lives.

DljCMjpU8AAaeRu.jpg
Found this image on line and it was noted the lip as well as the neck. I previously posted about the neck but didn't notice the lip however it does look swollen and bruised.

Which makes me wonder if he told LE that he left home at the normal time that morning but the neighbours security cam outed the lie.

I also wonder if he tried to convince investigators that SW, Bella and Celeste had left the house via the back door. He brought up this "possibility" in at least one interview, and he knew they didn't leave the house via the back door.

There should be zero smiles/smirks/etc when you are pleading the return of your vanished family. No reason they are gone could be a good one. He looks really like he slept like a baby the night before the interview... instead of worrying what a dummy he is and how he just wiped out his family's lives and his too. I can't get over it.

That smile is relief IMO. In his twisted reasoning, he finally took control of things.

DljCMjpU8AAaeRu.jpg
Found this image on line and it was noted the lip as well as the neck. I previously posted about the neck but didn't notice the lip however it does look swollen and bruised.
IMO those marks could be from one of the girls I would think if from SW they would be much worse, she had long nails. I still think he did something to SW to stop her from fighting back, such as a stun gun.

That's one of the things that is so baffling....if he preplanned the murders he failed when it came to the execution of his plan.

It was a good idea to use those drones. It allowed them to search the area without traipsing through and contaminating all of the evidence.

Ahhh “The best laid plans of nice & men.......”

I just can't see it that way... he didn't do anything but take the bodies to the only place he really could. The 'I will straighten up later all this stuff/evidence' makes zero sense if he planned 'a lot'. Or just maybe it WAS a lot for him... being stupid and all.

He chose a place where be worked, but probably not recently, maybe not at this location at all. He chose a spot that was far from the house. It's very hard for me to believe he would go out there with bodies without visiting before hand to make sure. The straighten up later, if it was planned, makes perfect sense, especially if he is a Narcissist because HIS plans were interfered with and he was forced off of script, twice! Late plane and concerned friend. He killed his family without anyone knowing it. He dumped them unseen. There was not enough obvious evidence (blood, signs of a struggle, etc.) for LE to detain him when they entered the premises the first time. Things became chaotic AFTER the two disruptions.

DljCMjpU8AAaeRu.jpg

You've made it so much more useful with the enlargement . Thanks . As a moving image it had looked as it could have been the remains of a facial spot or insect bite with the ring of inflammation but it could well be some kind of finger tip brusing

( IDK about the lip ldbd cause I'd have to go cross check with his lips as they usually looked)

IMO those marks could be from one of the girls I would think if from SW they would be much worse, she had long nails. I still think he did something to SW to stop her from fighting back, such as a stun gun.

I disagree that weapons or drugs were used. She wasn’t a big woman. He could easily overpower her without help. She was small and tired and sick and pregnant, and he was high on adrenaline.

I think premeditation began near the end of the six weeks away, as he began to anticipate her return. He already knew she was going to leave the girls with him and then go on a business trip, so he probably started working stuff out early. He knew the party was coming up for the girls, and he knew when his wife was going to be home, so he tried to choose the longest period of time possible where his family wouldn’t be expected to be seen by anyone. But he couldn’t have known the flight would be late. And he couldn’t have known that the friend would show up on top of that. But the late flight really doomed his plan, because I think he had all the timing worked out perfectly before that.

(Re someone’s earlier post) I don’t know that the shrouded corpse would have been seen by the girls as a “practice run” by the dad. They really were not home that long between the six weeks and...well.... anyway.... I almost feel like it was a narcissistic threat by CW. Either he did it with the girls, and then when his wife found it, he blamed it solely on the girls. Or he left it that morning and then she thought the kids did it. She did say “They have each others’ backs” which hints that maybe the girls denied doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE