CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here know why the FBI would be involved? No state lines crossed, no Federal offenses, not a serial killer?

Copied and Pasted from Post, 194 from previous thread:
"....@Kitagrl
Plus, if SW had just found out he was gay or bi, it would explain the six weeks to NC even better, so she could process things and figure out her next steps with her children. I realize she made a video saying that she was just going to spend time with family, but obviously she is not going to be publicizing personal problems, and probably wanted to avoid answering questions.

Not saying it happened, just speculation:"

I agree with your speculation.
Perhaps SW found out CW had affairs (male/female).
This could explain the 6 weeks to NC.
After consulting with family, she may have decided to initiate a divorce.
CW then goes on his 'killing spree'.

Does anyone here know why the FBI would be involved? No state lines crossed, no Federal offenses, not a serial killer?

I was wondering that too, are they still involved or were they only involved when it was a possible abduction?

Edited to add- is the oil field federal property?

Last edited:
Copied and Pasted from Post, 194 from previous thread:
"....
Plus, if SW had just found out he was gay or bi, it would explain the six weeks to NC even better, so she could process things and figure out her next steps with her children. I realize she made a video saying that she was just going to spend time with family, but obviously she is not going to be publicizing personal problems, and probably wanted to avoid answering questions.

Not saying it happened, just speculation:"

I agree with your speculation.
Perhaps SW found out CW had affairs (male/female).
This could explain the 6 weeks to NC.
After consulting with family, she may have decided to initiate a divorce.
CW then goes on his 'killing spree'.

A lot of people have a hard time coming to terms with their sexuality. If CW was a married man just coming to terms with his sexuality maybe he told Shanann. Perhaps they talked about it and either she, he or they decided it would be best if she took the girls to NC so he could have some time to figure it out. Maybe he figured it out and that’s what the emotional conversation was. He wanted a divorce and he completely lost his sh&t.

I never knew that statements are considered evidence. I guess I'm confused by the definition...

Evidence: 'The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true/valid.'

If we don't have facts to corroborate CW accounts of the murders, it's hard to process his statements as evidence.
If CW testifies, his testimony is also considered evidence. (what I've learned from watching Jodi Arias trial)

Colorado is pretty open with gender identity AFAIK. Although I guess it depends more on how you grow up and who you hang out with as to how accepted each person actually feels about “coming out”.

Are you referring to the maybe potential male lover? That would reflect "orientation" not gender identity. "Orientation" has to do with who you're attracted to. "Gender identity" has to do with whether you consider yourself and whether you want to be identified by others as male or female or both or neither.

AB is really stuck on this story. I don’t get it. There’s plenty of other news to talk about. IMO

This is the story everyone is talking about.

It has been less than a month that SW and girls were killed.

Their funerals are tomorrow as well.

She will be talking about this case for a while.

There is still a LOT more we do not know.

Jmo

FBI Jurisdiction in Child Kidnappings

In the public eye—and even in some state and local law enforcement circles—there are common misconceptions about when the FBI can get involved in child kidnappings. That there has to be evidence a victim has been taken across state lines. Or that a ransom demand has to be made. Or that 24 hours must pass.

All are false.

Whether the case ends up being investigated and prosecuted at the local level or at the federal level, the Bureau will always leverage our investigative resources and technical assets to work hand in hand with state and local law enforcement agencies on cases involving the mysterious disappearance of a child. Our role is to help investigate the disappearance, recover the child, and apprehend the person or persons responsible.

And that role begins as soon as we’re notified.

Investigating Child Abductions — FBI

It would be great - you never know? I haven’t been on the site so I can’t give you any pointers or tips and I’m not at home. I’m on my iPad so I can’t download the program. When I get home tonight and if I get time I’ll see if I can figure it out.

You don’t have to download...it’s just a website. But even if the satellite passed there just two times that day, if he was there 2+ hours there is a chance it captured him. Way better odds than winning the lottery.

This is the story everyone is talking about.

It has been less than a month that SW and girls were killed.

Their funerals are tomorrow as well.

She will be talking about this case for a while.

There is still a LOT more we do not know.

Jmo
We know all we need to know AFAIC. There’s not much more to know. I feel like she’s trying to act like she’s revealing all this new info, but in reality she isn’t. It’s not a “bombshell”. IMO

LE clearly had consent to initiate drone search of the area so there was no traipsing . As to CW execution, arrogance should not be confused with competence. MOO

Edit: not trespassing
Exactly . These types are too stupid to see how stupid they are,and that their plotting,and planning is no where near the level of genius they portray it.
They think they can fool everyone,all the time.
My ex always thought he was smarter than everyone,including LE. He shattered both his heels running from some cops, they weren't even going after him, they were going after a neighbor kid who kept violating his house arrest.
Ironic I Can't tell you all the times he told me I was stupid.

There should be zero smiles/smirks/etc when you are pleading the return of your vanished family. No reason they are gone could be a good one. He looks really like he slept like a baby the night before the interview... instead of worrying what a dummy he is and how he just wiped out his family's lives and his too. I can't get over it.

And he was so well groomed and put together, in his favorite sexy T-shirt, and perfectly trimmed beard.

I think back to previous cases where distraught parents speak to the press about missing family members---and they generally look disheveled and have puffy eyes and scratchy voices, and tremble when they speak about it.

He looked at acted like he was hosting a neighborhood BBQ and was casually giving them family anecdotes. No sense of desperation or grief at all.

Are you referring to the maybe potential male lover? That would reflect "orientation" not gender identity. "Orientation" has to do with who you're attracted to. "Gender identity" has to do with whether you consider yourself and whether you want to be identified by others as male or female or both or neither.

Right, well, he isn’t out of the closet in any way, so who knows? I don’t want to assume anything.

FBI became involved after she was still “missing” on Tuesday. They can provide assistance in missing persons cases where there is a possibility a missing person may cross state lines. They will also routinely provide assistance when asked by local law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE