CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the last photo of SW from Az. Wondering if she has her ring on.
They could have already decided to separate before she even went to AZ and planned on working out details when she returned.

I agree. My guess (hope?) is that they were smothered with a pillow rather than strangled. Maybe he knew he was safe asking for DNA evidence from the children's necks because he knew his wouldn't be found....because he didn't strangle them.

IDK

jmo

Perhaps if he was seeing AP at work, he was not wearing his ring to work bc he'd told her they were separated. Just offering a scenario, not fact.
He didn’t have it on during the June 11 baby announcement either so not sure of it it was him coming home from work or marital problems either . Again not taking up for him just pointing out I had seen him not wearing it before in pics

I agree. Shanann would have fought for her life. Why no scratch marks on CW? What did he do?

Or, he waited for her to go to sleep, and then straddled her, pinning her arms to her side. If a man of his strength is sitting on top of her chest with her arms pinned underneath, there's no fighting. She may have wriggled underneath him, but it could explain why there were no defensive wounds on him (that we know of).

Any news this morning of the validity of the "other man/men"?

Sorry, haven't had time to search via Google and SM yet this AM, need more coffee...maybe even mainline. :)
At this time, no news outlets, including People and CrimeOnline, have been able to independently verify the man’s claims about the affair. But People noted that he mentioned specific details about Chris Watts that are not publicly available and that support People‘s own reporting on the murder investigation.
Man who claimed to be Chris Watts lover is NOT affair partner referred to in arrest records; Dad accused of murdering pregnant wife and two little girls had extramarital relations with both men and women: Report

I agree. Shanann would have fought for her life. Why no scratch marks on CW? What did he do?

I keep thinking she was likely strangled from behind. Just my opinion though. For some reason I think she laid down in bed with him and had her back towards him. She may have thought he was scooting over to snuggle her and instead he strangled her with something (I keep thinking he didn't use bare hands). I know that's really sick to think of, it was hard to type that. This case is awful.

FWIW, the wedding ring and lupus band are interesting, especially if he is wearing them in every other picture he is in.

However, I don't wear my wedding band 24/7. I don't sleep with it on, and I usually take it off when I come home and set my keys and wallet on the dresser. I usually put it on when I leave the house, so you would probably see it in nearly every photo I am in.

So the fact that he is not wearing it one time doesn't tell me very much. The interviews were outside his home and he is dressed casually.

If he planned these murders and is putting on a show, he would certainly be wearing the ring and band, and he would be crying his eyes out.

Hmm...this makes me think of a possibility. Could the girls have been in the master bedroom? SW mentions online that at least one of the girls liked to sleep with mom and dad. Do I have that detail right? I can see the girls wanting to be in their mom's bed when she wasn't home (and I can see her heading to the couch).

They might have had a monitor in the master bedroom so they could see the girls while the parents were downstairs.

In that case, were all three killed in one place?

TOTAL speculation, just thinking aloud - might not make sense.

jmo

You can get monitors with split screen viewing and two cameras, or buy a single monitor and additional camera. It’s not uncommon.

I don’t think the girls were sleeping in the master bedroom as I think I remember reading that the viewing screen for the monitor was on Shanann’s bedside, I could be wrong about that though. I’ll see if I can find a source for it.

I've never heard of a keypad with batteries. They're usually hardwired into your electrical system.
I have never heard of one hardwired - all the homes we have had they are battery. This allows you to put them wherever you want. Smoke detectors and Co2 monitors and doorbells are hardwired where I live.

Re: his demeanor in the interviews with the media.

Everyone is confused why he is so calm, unaffected, unemotional during these.

One theory as good as any is that he has already emotionally detached from his family by this point. He may have spent the past year (or more) contemplating and considering this final act. And as he got closer and closer to it, his emotional connection to them decreased.

He still put on a good front with his actions, but inside was a different story. His extramarital affairs were both a cause and an effect of this emotional disengagement.

One would almost need to be completely disengaged from their family in order to do what he did.

Last edited:
I really don't think CW would have killed his kids and his wife.

Now, before you crucify me, I'm not saying I think he is innocent: I just can't make heads or tails of this case. It makes no sense.

I, for one, like varying opinions on this site. Now, I don't mean trolling for reactions, I mean legitimate thought-provoking suggestions, scenarios, and observations. Wouldn't it be rather boring if we all had the exact same thoughts and just came here to nail the guilty person to the cross, so to speak?
The study of it, the psychology of it, the mystery of figuring out the crime is what I enjoy. I suspect many of you are the same, and that is why you are here.

I can think of three possibilities. 1) He was on top of her, with her arms pinned down to the bed or floor, and 2) He was behind her, and 3) Her hands were grabbing at her neck trying to remove what was cutting off her air flow (we don't know if it was a manual or ligature strangulation, if it was strangulation) until she lost consciousness, which with enough pressure, was less than a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214