CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBM
I wonder the same.

I think it matters because if it is another lie, it adds to his lack of credibility.
Totally agree that CW may have purposely changed the garage code. Why?.. to keep NAU or anybody else from entering the home. He had the front door covered when he kept the baby latch on (from the inside), and had unfinished business (i.e., staging, clean up) at the house before calling in the missing report himself. Obviously, NAU threw a wrench in his entire strategy.

I didn't think I could feel more ill about this tragedy but it worsens each day.

I also think he was practiced at hiding the truth. If he had an exciting encounter with one of his APs, he certainly couldn't come home looking like it, ykwim? I think he went into his "cover up" mode that wasn't particularly unfamiliar to him.

jmo

Yes. If he was a gay man trying to live in a straight world, he would have been very accustomed to living a lie.

I agree. My guess (hope?) is that they were smothered with a pillow rather than strangled. Maybe he knew he was safe asking for DNA evidence from the children's necks because he knew his wouldn't be found....because he didn't strangle them.

IDK

jmo

Very good point about the DNA! It seems to me a child is more likely to be smothered then strangled..Unless there's uncontrollable rage but then most often a child is picked up & thrown around until they die of a head injury..Supposedly, CW didn't go in to rages but I have to wonder how he felt about taking care of 2 young children as often as he did while SW was away..Most dads wouldn't have the patience for that..And now we know he also had outside interests they were keeping him from..I can see that making him angry & resentful more then turning him in to a raging bull.

Totally agree that CW may have purposely changed the garage code. Why?.. to keep NAU or anybody else from entering the home. He had the front door covered when he kept the baby latch on (from the inside), and had unfinished business (i.e., staging, clean up) at the house before calling in the missing report himself. Obviously, NAU threw a wrench in his entire strategy.

I didn't think I could feel more ill about this tragedy but it worsens each day.
Yes, he did what he thought would prevent anyone from entering that house until he could get home and complete the cover-up. He completely expected NUA to accept his explanation (the playdate), and was probably shirting bricks when she said she was calling the police. IMO, JMO, MOO

I can't believe he did those interviews without his ring on... had he already moved on in his mind?
He reminds me so much of Scott P... hey Amber, I am here looking at the Eifel Tower not standing around my dead wife's vigil like I didn't murder her. Unreal.
He immediately believed his own lie. And has even convinced a few to believe him! Sick, isn't it?...

I suppose he will have a psych evaluation in jail in prep for trial. It will be interesting to find out what law enforcement and the autopsies reveal. I hope there's a presser on oct 21 when they will decide if they'll seek the death penalty. I'd sure like to know what is redacted on that form Ashley Bamfield showed last night. Said it was redacted on behalf of chis watts and defense attorney because they are protecting someone

What else do we know about what was found on the second floor?

SECOND FLOOR:
  1. SW’s phone was found in the loft between two sofa cushions
  2. There is/was a baby monitor on SW’s nightstand
  3. The bed in the master bedroom was stripped and bedding on the floor
  4. The girls’ beds weren’t made, per NUA Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'

1-3 are from the affidavit.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

CW seems to have told half truths when he commented about what went on in that house on 8/12-8/13. Looking at SW posted pics of the baby monitor, this could be another one. The pics are BLUE. He described seeing his child turned blue; albeit the whole image is shades of blue.

It is an infrared camera system. If the baby's room is dark, then the image looks bluish-gray. If the lights were on, the image would be in color. So it depends on whether the light was on in the baby's room.

No, I cannot comprehend that she would. Do you not see what I wrote? "I just can't comprehend that anyone would commit such a horrific act."
I understand what you are saying. It's just so unbelievable. But unless you think it was some intruder, then it has to be one of them. Relating back to Gitana's post, how likely is it that 2 homocidal people are together that one night. It makes just about as much sense as the sleepwalking bait, 2 people sleepwalking the same night, one kills kids, one kills the wife. I still don't believe Couey killed Jessica and buried her alive, her little hands ripped holes in the plastic until she suffocated. Unfortunately there really is true evil on earth, I'm not religious so I don't go for the devil bit, just that there is evil here.

Yes, similar to John List, who murdered his wife, his three children and his mother after he lost his job and was facing foreclosure. He said he wanted to spare his family the embarassment. He was VP of a bank and went to church every Sunday.

After shooting his wife and mother, he went to the post office, the bank, and made some phone calls before sitting down to eat at the same table where he shot his wife. Later he killed his children, then put on some music while cleaning up all the blood.

One big difference (there are others) with that case though, is that he left a confession letter. Then he fled to Colorado and remarried, using another name. It was 18 years before he was found.

1971 Family Killer Breaks Silence

I am currently listening to a podcast concerning Christian Longo. Very similar.

Now that the thread has slowed down a bit, I will post this.

Wonder if someone would be willing to help me out with something.

I was listening to a podcast this week that featured a case involving a man who killed his family in response to his wife asking for a divorce, back in the 1990's.

I want to read more on the case, but I cannot figure out the spelling of the man's name, and the case doesn't appear to be listed on the wiki for familicides.

If you'd be interested in listening to the episode and seeing if you can figure out the man's name, let me know.

He didn’t have it on during the June 11 baby announcement either so not sure of it it was him coming home from work or marital problems either . Again not taking up for him just pointing out I had seen him not wearing it before in pics
I've not re-watched the baby announcement but I recall that CW looked like he just arrived from work. I don't think CW wore his wedding band at work for safety reasons as I recall its a very wide band ring from their earlier, posed, photos.

Very good point about the DNA! It seems to me a child is more likely to be smothered then strangled..Unless there's uncontrollable rage but then most often a child is picked up & thrown around until they die of a head injury..Supposedly, CW didn't go in to rages but I have to wonder how he felt about taking care of 2 young children as often as he did while SW was away..Most dads wouldn't have the patience for that..And now we know he also had outside interests they were keeping him from..I can see that making him angry & resentful more then turning him in to a raging bull.
Last night I did a search on strangulation DNA. There can be DNA on the necks of strangulation victims, but it’s impossible to determine how the DNA got there. They were her parents. They constantly touched them. They folded their clothes, they made their beds. They snuggled. They laid down together. CW’s defense seemed so insistent on taking DNA samples from all of the victims, I imagined C.W. grabbing a few of of Shanann’s dirty clothes (from her suitcase?) and rubbing their necks. Who knows? DNA evidence couldn’t be trusted or relied upon in this case.

He may not have been able to wear the ring at work. My husband is an engineer and has worked at plants like this all over the country. Most if not all make you take off your jewelry. He’s lost several rings because he’s always having to take it off for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214