CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not re-watched the baby announcement but I recall that CW looked like he just arrived from work. I don't think CW wore his wedding band at work for safety reasons as I recall its a very wide band ring from their earlier, posed, photos.
I thought he comes down the stairs in that video? Maybe... home for a few minutes?

Maybe this is too far-fetched - but remember when Flight MH370 disappeared? There were a whole bunch of people looking on satellite imagery for the wreckage in the ocean. Imagery that they can still go back to that exact day and look for, and some people still are looking. Could there be satellite footage of what CW did at the site of the oil tanks that morning? I know nothing about stuff like that, so don't laugh at me!
Satellite imagery at 30-centimeter resolution (which was approved by the US Govt. in 2015) provides the clearest, most detailed view of the ground from space but it's not going to give enough detail to see a single human's activity on the ground.

I understand what you are saying. It's just so unbelievable. But unless you think it was some intruder, then it has to be one of them. Relating back to Gitana's post, how likely is it that 2 homocidal people are together that one night. It makes just about as much sense as the sleepwalking bait, 2 people sleepwalking the same night, one kills kids, one kills the wife. I still don't believe Couey killed Jessica and buried her alive, her little hands ripped holes in the plastic until she suffocated. Unfortunately there really is true evil on earth, I'm not religious so I don't go for the devil bit, just that there is evil here.

No, don't misunderstand me. The kids are dead. Someone had to kill them. The overwhelming evidence points to CW's guilt.

He may not have been able to wear the ring at work. My husband is an engineer and has worked at plants like this all over the country. Most if not all make you take off your jewelry. He’s lost several rings because he’s always having to take it off for work.
But, if your husband was doing an interview stating his love and missing of you... he might should wear it.

Very good point about the DNA! It seems to me a child is more likely to be smothered then strangled..Unless there's uncontrollable rage but then most often a child is picked up & thrown around until they die of a head injury..Supposedly, CW didn't go in to rages but I have to wonder how he felt about taking care of 2 young children as often as he did while SW was away..Most dads wouldn't have the patience for that..And now we know he also had outside interests they were keeping him from..I can see that making him angry & resentful more then turning him in to a raging bull.

IIRC he had a babysitter Saturday night, so I don't think the girls were keeping him from what/who he wanted to do. Hopefully the ME will be able to tell whether they were strangled or smothered (in what I've read, they are similar but there can be some differences in autopsy).

Maybe this is too far-fetched - but remember when Flight MH370 disappeared? There were a whole bunch of people looking on satellite imagery for the wreckage in the ocean. Imagery that they can still go back to that exact day and look for, and some people still are looking. Could there be satellite footage of what CW did at the site of the oil tanks that morning? I know nothing about stuff like that, so don't laugh at me!

I’m not familiar with the oil and gas business, but since the site was in a remote location, perhaps it would be feasible for the company to keep a drone around the area?

FWIW, the wedding ring and lupus band are interesting, especially if he is wearing them in every other picture he is in.

However, I don't wear my wedding band 24/7. I don't sleep with it on, and I usually take it off when I come home and set my keys and wallet on the dresser. I usually put it on when I leave the house, so you would probably see it in nearly every photo I am in.

So the fact that he is not wearing it one time doesn't tell me very much. The interviews were outside his home and he is dressed casually.

If he planned these murders and is putting on a show, he would certainly be wearing the ring and band, and he would be crying his eyes out.

Whilst I've always thought he appears guilty of all the charges - due to the affadavit & evidence so far I agree with your earlier post that the case is baffling because his crimes are so awful and we have no bad character so far - other than the affair.

Just on bib though:"If he planned these murders and is putting on a show, he would certainly be wearing the ring and band, and he would be crying his eyes out."

I think the reason he doesn't cry is because he is actually trying to suppress all genuine emotions, controlling his own fear he's been found out - aka suppressing the truth . And of course focussing so hard on his "script" and how he's coming across. ( All a mistake on his part, i grant you but this was his "play". So much for having "no game" hey?)

As posted previously, the expert body & language analyst said that much of his facial display was about suppressing emotions - The self-comforting rocking, head touch, the swallows etc

Re ring etc. Think he's not smart enough and doesn't do detail as we saw across all the other threads.

Last edited:
People magazine reported that he had details of their home and Chris's vehicle that matched their reporting and weren't available online but nothing has been verified. Chris Watts' Alleged Ex-Lover Speaks — but He's Not the Co-Worker Police Say Chris Was Seeing

That begs the question: how would People verify facts? How could they have any more information than any of the rest of us outside the family or LE?

That illustrates why it is so important for the police to withhold some details of the investigation---to eliminate people who get sick thrills off claiming responsibilities for crimes. Remember that guy that showed up claiming that he had killed Jonbenet?

Hi!
First time posting since the Dermond murders, which are sadly still unsolved. I used to be OTPTarheel and now am OTPTarheel2018, as I can’t access an old email account.
Like CW and SW I grew up in eastern N.C. and am familiar with the geography/small towns and life there.

I’ve tried to keep up with the threads, and I don’t think I’ve seen these photos posted 0n kinston.com, which is the website of the local newspaper in Kinston.
Photos 4, 12 and 13 are the most interesting...IMO.
Photos: Chris Watts family murder case

IIRC he had a babysitter Saturday night, so I don't think the girls were keeping him from what/who he wanted to do. Hopefully the ME will be able to tell whether they were strangled or smothered (in what I've read, they are similar but there can be some differences in autopsy).
I read that one of the daughters from the family that hosted the birthday party babysat on Saturday night, but was never able to confirm from a reliable source. If CW did, indeed, go out Saturday night, something that happened that night may have been the trigger.

Last edited:

The babysitter, who knows CW and the whole family, is also having a hard time comprehending it. ""I can't believe that Chris would do this. I don't think that any of us expected this," said Lauren. "I didn't want to believe it was him," she added.."

‘They had the laughs of angels:’ Baby sitter describes Watts girls

Hi!
First time posting since the Dermond murders, which are sadly still unsolved. I used to be OTPTarheel and now am OTPTarheel2018, as I can’t access an old email account.
Like CW and SW I grew up in eastern N.C. and am familiar with the geography/small towns and life there.

I’ve tried to keep up with the threads, and I don’t think I’ve seen these photos posted 0n kinston.com, which is the website of the local newspaper in Kinston.
Photos 4, 12 and 13 are the most interesting...IMO.
Photos: Chris Watts family murder case

Thank you for that! Is there any other local media that has done stories about CW or SW? Any family or friends talking to the media?

And if CW was gay, do you think that would be something that would be accepted in that part of the country? Or would it be something you would work hard to suppress? In your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties