CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People magazine reported that he had details of their home and Chris's vehicle that matched their reporting and weren't available online but nothing has been verified. Chris Watts' Alleged Ex-Lover Speaks — but He's Not the Co-Worker Police Say Chris Was Seeing

problem with that is it's parsed

Article says, as on last thread:
"His story has not yet been independently corroborated by news outlets, including PEOPLE, but his account of an alleged relationship with Chris does contain details about Chris’ life that are not readily available online and in public documents. Identifying information about Chris’ truck and his home matches PEOPLE’s reporting."

I'd wager that if you asked anyone who has followed these threads ( or another SM Watts sleuthy site) , any questions about his home, they'd be pretty accurate with their answers.
Re Truck - I notice they haven't incl the authentication of his story there - Mystery Man knows he drove a Ford Explorer. That's also back on threads across SM. ( link was posted yesterday)
OK it's ambiguously worded maybe he gave info beyond it being a Ford Ex, and beyond every detail we know about the home from photos & vids from SW's 3 SM accounts.

also I think this is interesting again he said:
“Sociopaths can easily lead two different lives and feel two different emotions,” the man said, “and he [Chris] could have been telling me what I wanted to hear or what he thought I wanted to hear.

That's quite unusual to find an ex lover who's getting into psych evals on TV. It sounds like all of us though!

Last edited:
I'm real curious to know what was done, especially by CW, to track SW and the kids down on Monday after the police arrived. I'd like to know what his demeanor was during that time period. It almost seems like the Frederick detective forced the matter by issuing the press release early on Tuesday morning, and that is what caused the media to show up on CW's door. Kind of a brilliant move by LE, as the media distracts CW so they can search his house without him in there. And it helps them examine his demeanor.

ETA: that is to say, what did Chris do TO PRETEND HE WAS TRYING to track SW and the kids down.

I am interested in knowing that, too. In their interview the Thayers said that one of the reasons they got suspicious (paraphrasing) and went to the detective was because CW didn't act interested in chasing down any leads or following through with what they thought were good ideas.

@Mrspratcher said:
I’m not familiar with the oil and gas business, but since the site was in a remote location, perhaps it would be feasible for the company to keep a drone around the area?
If they did that they'd have to employ drone operators (they have to keep the drone in sight at all times per FAA regulations). Cheaper to get security cameras plus if Chris knew there was a drone operator onsite he'd not have taken the bodies there Good thought though!~
From page 3 of Arrest Affidavit:

"...Prior to Chris' confession investigators arrived at CERVI 319 (with consent) to initiate a drone search of the area. At approximately 4:15pm investigators spotted a bed sheet....the drone search also revealed fresh movement of dirt consistent with a clandestine grave near the oil tanks....." BBM

Colorado is pretty open with gender identity AFAIK. Although I guess it depends more on how you grow up and who you hang out with as to how accepted each person actually feels about “coming out”.

I agree. Colorado is pretty open and accepting in general. But CW and SW aren't from Colorado. I think acceptance would not be expected and I can see CW wanting to hide his preferences if they were anything outside of what he grew up knowing as the "norm".

I am surprised his lawyers have not gone after the person who is claiming to have had a relationship with CW. Is it because they are public defenders? I'm not sure how that works. I just know I've seen others lawyers who are pretty quick to address stuff like that. But maybe those were privately retained attorneys.

It was said on HLN that the baby monitor does not save recordings so unfortunately there will not be footage from the monitor. If he claims SW turned the lights on, wouldn't he have heard the child make a noise? When I turn my daughter's lights on in the morning, she whines. I would think after SW was gone for the weekend, if she turned the child's lights on they would at least say Hi to Mom or something. I think the lights were off and of course I don't believe his story at all.

I hope the investigator asked that.

Colorado is pretty open with gender identity AFAIK. Although I guess it depends more on how you grow up and who you hang out with as to how accepted each person actually feels about “coming out”.

Just to clarify, gender identity and sexuality are two different things.

I'm wondering if the question should be how would his family and friends take it and the environment at work.

I'm real curious to know what was done, especially by CW, to track SW and the kids down on Monday after the police arrived. I'd like to know what his demeanor was during that time period. It almost seems like the Frederick detective forced the matter by issuing the press release early on Tuesday morning, and that is what caused the media to show up on CW's door. Kind of a brilliant move by LE, as the media distracts CW so they can search his house without him in there. And it helps them examine his demeanor.

ETA: that is to say, what did Chris do TO PRETEND HE WAS TRYING to track SW and the kids down.

He didn't even pretend!

"Colorado is, I mean, um, you can’t just drive around and look, I mean it’s just like, you wouldn’t really know what you were looking for that’s what the cops pretty much told me. That first day I was like I want to get out and drive around and they were like you wouldn’t know what to look for."

He didn't even pretend... and he blamed his inaction on the cops.

Seriously...seeing this in black and white, rather than hearing him say it blew me away. I would've replied "I WOULD know what to look for. My FAMILY. Not a d&^m thing's going to stop me, either." He was probably told that specifically to gauge his reaction.

I saw some discussion last thread a re a picture associated with the alleged gay lover and how it proves he was not with Chris. I didn't finish the convo so I don't know if anyone mentioned this and had also seen it but I saw the original photo posted on social media.

It was very recent, and not purported to be of CW at all. Seems like tabloid nonsense. They must've just grabbed it because it's sort of sensational.

He didn't even pretend!

"Colorado is, I mean, um, you can’t just drive around and look, I mean it’s just like, you wouldn’t really know what you were looking for that’s what the cops pretty much told me. That first day I was like I want to get out and drive around and they were like you wouldn’t know what to look for."

He didn't even pretend... and he blamed his inaction on the cops.

Seriously...seeing this in black and white, rather than hearing him say it blew me away. I would've replied "I WOULD know what to look for. My FAMILY. Not a d&^m thing's going to stop me, either." He was probably told that specifically to gauge his reaction.

When he said he really wanted to drive around, I wonder if he meant I really want to drive away from LE that are scaring me right now. I wonder if law enforcement was watching him to make sure he didn't flee.

I hate that people have felt that they had the right to leave messages on SW's SM accounts. That really tarnishes the memories. They should be locked down. I wonder if the messages after a certain date can be deleted all at once?

I hate that as well. Social media has really changed the way we address crime and high profile cases. It used to be that if there was crime on the other side of the country you had to wait for the tv or newspaper to update you. You never got anywhere near the key players. Now, thanks to SM, you can scroll through the victim's pictures, analyze their final posts, etc. You can even comment (good or bad, to some it's all the same) and practically insert yourself right into the narrative. People desire that attention from the families and friends, even if it's negative because it makes them feel like they are a part of the case.

The sense of entitlement gets to me. Complete strangers having feelings of proprietary nonsense. There is little sense of respect because it feels like a game to them. Like an adult version of Clue.

I am interested in knowing that, too. In their interview the Thayers said that one of the reasons they got suspicious (paraphrasing) and went to the detective was because CW didn't act interested in chasing down any leads or following through with what they thought were good ideas.
I think they also said there were 2 or 3 more things C.W. did that aroused their suspicion, but they were part of the investigation, so they couldn’t reveal what they were.

I saw some discussion last thread a re a picture associated with the alleged gay lover and how it proves he was not with Chris. I didn't finish the convo so I don't know if anyone mentioned this and had also seen it but I saw the original photo posted on social media.

It was very recent, and not purported to be of CW at all. Seems like tabloid nonsense. They must've just grabbed it because it's sort of sensational.

One of the trollier sites on SM grabbed that, out of context from TB's instag page ( now locked down. ) As I said yesterday, I haven't seen anywhere that TB even claimed that the naked guy was CW.
IIRC this is how the image then was relayed via MSM , distorting the original intention.

IMO you have some misrepresentation going on , some of it wilful and some it just click-bait sloppy and that's before you even get into the individual himself

When he said he really wanted to drive around, I wonder if he meant I really want to drive away from LE that are scaring me right now. I wonder if law enforcement was watching him to make sure he didn't flee.

Good point! You know his 'fight or flight' was kicking in, the way he acted in the videos and what he said about not wanting to be in the house. He wanted to be far, far away from that place.

problem with that is it's parsed

Article says, as on last thread:
"His story has not yet been independently corroborated by news outlets, including PEOPLE, but his account of an alleged relationship with Chris does contain details about Chris’ life that are not readily available online and in public documents. Identifying information about Chris’ truck and his home matches PEOPLE’s reporting."

I'd wager that if you asked anyone who has followed these threads ( or another SM Watts sleuthy site) , any questions about his home, they'd be pretty accurate with their answers.
Re Truck - I notice they haven't incl the authentication of his story there - Mystery Man knows he drove a Ford Explorer. That's also back on threads across SM. ( link was posted yesterday)
OK it's ambiguously worded maybe he gave info beyond it being a Ford Ex, and beyond every detail we know about the home from photos & vids from SW's 3 SM accounts.

also I think this is interesting again he said:
“Sociopaths can easily lead two different lives and feel two different emotions,” the man said, “and he [Chris] could have been telling me what I wanted to hear or what he thought I wanted to hear.

That's quite unusual to find an ex lover who's getting into psych evals on TV. It sounds like all of us though!

That's what I was trying to do with my big post yesterday. There is more than enough readily available info for people to be able to fake a story.

I think they also said there were 2 or 3 more things C.W. did that aroused their suspicion, but they were part of the investigation, so they couldn’t reveal what they were.

Yes, that's why I said that it was "one of the things." They all have info that they're not sharing with John Q.

There is a lot of leakage in his language.
'That first day'
Uh. Yesterday? You mean, yesterday, right? He makes it sounds like he is recounting a feeling from ages ago. His distancing from his family, and the whole situation, completely saturates that interview.

You're probably right, he probably wanted to run like the wind.

I agree. Colorado is pretty open and accepting in general. But CW and SW aren't from Colorado. I think acceptance would not be expected and I can see CW wanting to hide his preferences if they were anything outside of what he grew up knowing as the "norm".

I am surprised his lawyers have not gone after the person who is claiming to have had a relationship with CW. Is it because they are public defenders? I'm not sure how that works. I just know I've seen others lawyers who are pretty quick to address stuff like that. But maybe those were privately retained attorneys.

I don’t think the public defenders get paid very much, so I think they do the minimum possible. I have someone close to me who had to have a public defender briefly (not for a crime, for something else) and that guy didn’t do much more than show up to court. That was about it. It’s basically so you can say you have a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva