CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the public defenders get paid very much, so I think they do the minimum possible. I have someone close to me who had to have a public defender briefly (not for a crime, for something else) and that guy didn’t do much more than show up to court. That was about it. It’s basically so you can say you have a lawyer.

They don't do the minimum because they are lazy or they are not paid very much. They are overworked with too many cases and clients, and they don't have the resources that the police (and, in this case, the CBI and FBI) have.

Just to clarify, gender identity and sexuality are two different things.

I'm wondering if the question should be how would his family and friends take it and the environment at work.

Yeah, I’m sorry, I couldn’t think of the right term to include all of that stuff. Colorado is cool with all of it. Wasn’t trying to change or define what CW was. Anyway, none of us really know at this point if it was a gender or an identification in his case.

There is a lot of leakage in his language.
'That first day'
Uh. Yesterday? You mean, yesterday, right? He makes it sounds like he is recounting a feeling from ages ago. His distancing from his family, and the whole situation, completely saturates that interview.

You're probably right, he probably wanted to run like the wind.
Yes, and he also said something like, "The house needs them." He didn't say HE needs them, the HOUSE does.

They don't do the minimum because they are lazy or they are not paid very much. They are overworked with too many cases and clients, and they don't have the resources that the police (and, in this case, the CBI and FBI) have.

I didn’t say they were lazy. Just I know in the case I am familiar with, the defender did absolutely nothing to defend his client, even though the client was innocent of what he was being accused of. His public defender basically told him to swallow it and go on.

Satellite imagery at 30-centimeter resolution (which was approved by the US Govt. in 2015) provides the clearest, most detailed view of the ground from space but it's not going to give enough detail to see a single human's activity on the ground.
From the Arrest Affidavit, page 3:
".....Chris was presented an aerial photograph of the tank battery area...........Prior to Chris' confession investigators arrived at CERVI 319 (with consent) to initiate drone search of the area."...........

Within 2 days, and prior to CW confession, LE had photos are of disposal location including clandestine grave near the oil tanks. However, there's no satellite image that I'm aware of depicting or capturing SW there. I'm confident in what they do have. MOO

They did mention seeing alleged text messages as well.
I'm inclined to believe this person. Just my gut feeling

How do you think HLN got Chris Watts number tho?

I'm not dismissing this Mystery Guy out of hand but I am interested if their verif of those texts was as rigorous as their verification of his story re the Ford truck & some home interior details.

You'd want a lot of texts dated from the times that match the story - over the 10 months too.
(Plus, surely it would have been easy for mystery guy to show his own account records from the dating site where they encountered each other. Chris's records OTOH have all gone from that site? Did HLN check and go online?)

Last edited:
FWIW, the wedding ring and lupus band are interesting, especially if he is wearing them in every other picture he is in.

However, I don't wear my wedding band 24/7. I don't sleep with it on, and I usually take it off when I come home and set my keys and wallet on the dresser. I usually put it on when I leave the house, so you would probably see it in nearly every photo I am in.

So the fact that he is not wearing it one time doesn't tell me very much. The interviews were outside his home and he is dressed casually.

If he planned these murders and is putting on a show, he would certainly be wearing the ring and band, and he would be crying his eyes out.

We know SP did finally manage to squeeze out a little tear on camera in one interview. But, I think CW was trying to make us believe she had just left with the two girls (his original plan). Then, all hell broke loose when her friend showed up and sounded the alarm before he could stage everything. JMO

@mtnlites what is your podcast?

Shew, have you seen some of the arguments I've been involved in on here? I'd probably get fried if some people could track me off WS. This is one of the few places where I can speak my mind without having to worry about my livlihood suffering. ☺

I want to say thanks to @GraceG for helping me to figure out the name of Edward Zakrzewski. (Also @MrsWatson and @Harriet Vane for offering to help).

He is an example of a family annihilator who did not commit suicide.

He had no criminal history, yet murdered his wife and two children (ages 5 and 7). He then went on the run. Several months later, someone identified him from the program Unsolved Mysteries, and he turned himself in.

This case was completely overshadowed by the OJ Simpson case - the bodies were found the morning of June 13, 1994, just hours after the bodies of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were found.

He is still on death row today.

You can read more about him here

Based on pictures, CW hadn't really worn his ring since the New Year and last year it was off and on. I don't think he really thought that was that big of a deal. Now, had he been wearing it up until that Monday then that would be odd. I think already having it off was just second nature at this point. Now, the lupus bracelet is the odd thing here.

My theory re the lupus bracelet; it’s old, possibly a little brittle because he wore it so many years. Possibly he strangled her from behind using a pillow case... perhaps she started clutching at the pillow case to loosen it, when she realized what was happening, she grabbed at him and possibly broke the bracelet.

*edited for clarity

SBM

Fascinating to see the floorplan again. Were there four bedrooms upstairs (one converted to a closet)?

I wonder if the basement was finished? It is very common for new homes in Colorado to come with unfinished basements.
Yes, there are four bedrooms upstairs and I've assumed that one of them was converted to a closet, only because it wouldn't make sense really to have a closet downstairs. ?

From what I can tell, I think the basement was unfinished. From the link:
Total Basement SF = 2,004
Finished Basement SF = 0
Under additional details, the basement is 8ft with full daylight.
Screenshot 2018-08-30 14.02.46.png
Property Report

That's one of the things that is so baffling....if he preplanned the murders he failed when it came to the execution of his plan.
It was a good idea to use those drones. It allowed them to search the area without traipsing through and contaminating all of the evidence.
LE clearly had consent to initiate drone search of the area so there was no traipsing . As to CW execution, arrogance should not be confused with competence. MOO

Edit: not trespassing

Last edited:
Yes, and he also said something like, "The house needs them." He didn't say HE needs them, the HOUSE does.

If I've got the wrong person I apologise but yesterday iirc, you posted a point about their religions.
I replied what do you mean - all I knew was they married in a Cath church.

Can you elaborate ?

Yes, there are four bedrooms upstairs and I've assumed that one of them was converted to a closet, only because it wouldn't make sense really to have a closet downstairs. ?

From what I can tell, I think the basement was unfinished. From the link:
Total Basement SF = 2,004
Finished Basement SF = 0
Under additional details, the basement is 8ft with full daylight.
View attachment 144752
Property Report

I appreciate what isalybra said yesterday about the upstairs bedroom being converted into a closet but where is the playroom on your plan Pommy? I'd wondered could that have been converted from a bedroom? Here are some photos.

Thrive Healthy Fit Mom on Instagram: “Thought I was done cleaning.....We call Celeste the #destroyer every time she goes into a room she dumps ALL of the bins and then plays!…”

Thrive Healthy Fit Mom on Instagram: “Cheese #love #mymonsters #sisters #foreverfriends #buddys but they #fight then #hug”

LE clearly had consent to initiate drone search of the area so there was no traipsing [trespassing]. As to CW execution, arrogance should not be confused with competence. MOO

By traipsing, I simply mean mucking through the scene of the crime and destroying evidence. I wasn't referring to the consent to search or permission or any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME