CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not familiar with the oil and gas business, but since the site was in a remote location, perhaps it would be feasible for the company to keep a drone around the area?
Drones were in fact reportedly used here, and LE saw evidence of the well pad scene from drone prior to CWs confession at the police station.

CW's demeanor, method of killing, lack of screaming heard by neighbors and the way he hid the bodies all point to this being planned by him rather than being about rage. If SW had planned to confront him about his cheating that night, she probably would have mentioned it to her best friend Nichole beforehand, so it's very unlikely they argued about that.

Given that everything points to him planning the murders, it is surprising how inept has was. He obviously didn't anticipate being unable to put SW into an oil tank and her friend stopping by so soon and calling LE.

CW is a mechanic, so perhaps he did think about his phone being tracked along with his truck if it had a GPS. He could have left his phone and detached the truck GPS and temporarily left them at another worksite. From the affidavit we know that the worksite where their bodies were recovered was first identified via a drone which showed a bed sheet. Drones may have been used at many of his worksites. He only confessed after they identified the particular one where he left them.

It's still confusing to think about what his plan was for SW's phone and car. He knew her phone could be tracked and a leased Lexus would almost certainly have had tracking on it.

He had to have know that he would be THE suspect in the disappearance of his family but must have thought they couldn't charge him without physical evidence. So it's doubtful that CW was all that concerned about being outed as a gay or bisexual if he wasn't worried about being suspected by almost everyone for murdering his family even if his plan had worked.

Given that everything points to him planning the murders, it is surprising how inept has was. He obviously didn't anticipate being unable to put SW into an oil tank and her friend stopping by so soon and calling LE.

That's one of the things that is so baffling....if he preplanned the murders he failed when it came to the execution of his plan.

From the affidavit we know that the worksite where their bodies were recovered was first identified via a drone which showed a bed sheet. Drones may have been used at many of his worksites. He only confessed after they identified the particular one where he left them.

It was a good idea to use those drones. It allowed them to search the area without traipsing through and contaminating all of the evidence.

Now that the thread has slowed down a bit, I will post this.

Wonder if someone would be willing to help me out with something.

I was listening to a podcast this week that featured a case involving a man who killed his family in response to his wife asking for a divorce, back in the 1990's.

I want to read more on the case, but I cannot figure out the spelling of the man's name, and the case doesn't appear to be listed on the wiki for familicides.

If you'd be interested in listening to the episode and seeing if you can figure out the man's name, let me know.

I would be interested in listening to this.

I’m not familiar with the oil and gas business, but since the site was in a remote location, perhaps it would be feasible for the company to keep a drone around the area?
If they did that they'd have to employ drone operators (they have to keep the drone in sight at all times per FAA regulations). Cheaper to get security cameras plus if Chris knew there was a drone operator onsite he'd not have taken the bodies there Good thought though!~

I can think of three possibilities. 1) He was on top of her, with her arms pinned down to the bed or floor, and 2) He was behind her, and 3) Her hands were grabbing at her neck trying to remove what was cutting off her air flow (we don't know if it was a manual or ligature strangulation, if it was strangulation) until she lost consciousness, which with enough pressure, was less than a minute.

I think what really happened was that when she got home she went to check on her little angels. She walked into their room and then she realized Bella was gone (CW sees SW on the baby monitor) and then as she was checking on Celeste, he came from behind her and strangled her (CW makes up that SW was killing Celeste).

MOO

Looking at the photo of SW at dinner in AZ the night before... no Apple Watch is visible.

Entirely possible it could be obscured by her hand if she wore it in her right wrist - anyone know which one she generally wore it on?

Hi!
First time posting since the Dermond murders, which are sadly still unsolved. I used to be OTPTarheel and now am OTPTarheel2018, as I can’t access an old email account.
Like CW and SW I grew up in eastern N.C. and am familiar with the geography/small towns and life there.

I’ve tried to keep up with the threads, and I don’t think I’ve seen these photos posted 0n kinston.com, which is the website of the local newspaper in Kinston.
Photos 4, 12 and 13 are the most interesting...IMO.
Photos: Chris Watts family murder case

Welcome back! I would not even have recognized him in those older photos!

Agree with almost all of this but need to add two things .
1. My door I get alerts . So no monitoring needed . If someone enters I know bc I get an alert of who it is . Also we can send the phone ap so others can open my door . With that you need no code it opens with your phone in front of it. This would explain the door opening but chain locked so NU could see inside . SW IMO gave her that app . Which could also mean she expected something bad or she simply had it bc they lived near each other and were business associates so used it sometimes .
2. The moniter most likely has night vision so that is crucial being what his defense would say “she turned the lights on to do it” at this point color images would be on screen . As an example ,this is a low end model
Summer Infant - Baby Video Monitors
I am hoping they had the one connects to a phone app so she could view kids from it or one that records like a nanny cam footage police could use to show footage from it .
I think he is guilty so please don’t see me as rude I’m just trying to think of all possibilities

No that's good info. I did adjust the monitor issue already but I will talk to you about how to change those things to be as accurate as possible.

Also, I'm not clear on what was found in the house and where. Was it Pamelado who made a chart? I can add that if someone gives me the info.

I'm real curious to know what was done, especially by CW, to track SW and the kids down on Monday after the police arrived. I'd like to know what his demeanor was during that time period. It almost seems like the Frederick detective forced the matter by issuing the press release early on Tuesday morning, and that is what caused the media to show up on CW's door. Kind of a brilliant move by LE, as the media distracts CW so they can search his house without him in there. And it helps them examine his demeanor.

ETA: that is to say, what did Chris do TO PRETEND HE WAS TRYING to track SW and the kids down.

Thank you for that! Is there any other local media that has done stories about CW or SW? Any family or friends talking to the media?

And if CW was gay, do you think that would be something that would be accepted in that part of the country? Or would it be something you would work hard to suppress? In your opinion.

Colorado is pretty open with gender identity AFAIK. Although I guess it depends more on how you grow up and who you hang out with as to how accepted each person actually feels about “coming out”.

Colorado is pretty open with gender identity AFAIK. Although I guess it depends more on how you grow up and who you hang out with as to how accepted each person actually feels about “coming out”.

Thanks, but I was referring to the rural area of NC where CW grew up. The poster I was replying to says he/she is familiar with that area.

Thank you for that! Is there any other local media that has done stories about CW or SW? Any family or friends talking to the media?

And if CW was gay, do you think that would be something that would be accepted in that part of the country? Or would it be something you would work hard to suppress? In your opinion.

I've just seen the usual stuff from the local papers, but I will keep looking.
IMO- you won't hear from many, if any, locals. Why? His family has probably been in that area for years and blood is thicker than water. People close ranks. My family had been in the town I grew up in since the early 1700's when they were encouraged to leave England.

The 3 gay guys I grew up with (one was a very good friend)- were not out in high school- they all left our tiny fishbowl of a town for bigger cities- Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Richmond, London... and never looked back. I'm sure it would have been challenging for CW, especially if his family was religious. JMO.

That's one of the things that is so baffling....if he preplanned the murders he failed when it came to the execution of his plan.

I think he DID plan it. But the delay of the flight couldn’t have been accounted for. If the flight had not been delayed, he would have had time to wrap things up even if the friend showed up at the house. It’s possible the girls were dead by the time he learned the flight was delayed. Oh crap! Now what? Too late to back out now. Gotta work with what he had. He probably planned to put all three into the oil well, and then go home and clean up. His acting ability left a lot to be desired, though.

Although a thought...I know some people who chuckle, smile, and even laugh when they are incredibly nervous in a stressful situation. If his plans had totally botched, then he would have been very nervous for the interview. Thus, the whole hugging himself bit he was doing. That seemed VERY nervous and insecure, to me. If he was the type that would chuckle or laugh when nervous or under pressure, then that would basically make it super difficult to pretend to be grieving a missing person (or three, or four). Smiling and chuckling doesn’t always have to be happiness or relief....it can be an outlet for extreme amounts of nervous energy.

No that's good info. I did adjust the monitor issue already but I will talk to you about how to change those things to be as accurate as possible.

Also, I'm not clear on what was found in the house and where. Was it Pamelado who made a chart? I can add that if someone gives me the info.
This one?

FIRST FLOOR
  1. Shoes at the front door
  2. Door latch in place on front door
  3. Suitcase at bottom of the stairs
  4. Purse on the kitchen island
  5. Pillowcases and top sheet in kitchen trash can
  6. Car in the garage with car seats in place
  7. Outside garage keypad not working
  8. All doors and windows were locked
  9. Wallet and medications were in the home (exact location unknown)
  10. Keys were in the car 'I hope it's a boy for him': Pregnant wife, weeks before husband allegedly killed her
1-9 are from the affidavit.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
First Floor Evidence.jpg

SECOND FLOOR:
  1. SW’s phone was found in the loft between two sofa cushions
  2. There is/was a baby monitor on SW’s nightstand
  3. The bed in the master bedroom was stripped and bedding on the floor
  4. The girls’ beds weren’t made, per NUA Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'
1-3 are from the affidavit.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr