CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SheepMan

From last thread you asked where it was that NU said CW was talking about separation during the phone call she made to him re doing a welfare check on SW

It was in her interview with GMA

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest
Initially on on or about 8/20 when this video aired, I myself questioned NUA saying “the past few weeks” (paraphrasing, re: touching, loving on her or as attentive to the girls).
But then I grew to know the fact that he was with them in NC on week 6 of her and the girls 6 week visit to NC, and that they had all been home in CO together for several days before she headed to AZ on a work trip.
At any rate, yeah... when your wife and kids are essentially missing at that point, a normally shy husband wouldn’t spjust up and offer talks of a separation, IMO. WhoTF cares about that.... not anyone innocent and truly has a focus on the welfare of his fam.

According to the timeline presented by AB last night I have little doubt that CW dumped the girls before SW arrived home & also had already dug her grave..I hope it can be proven at trial just how PREMEDIATATED these horrific murders were!

That’s where I am as well. And as OFF as this may sound, I hope that is the scenario because that would mean SW didn’t see them. Said before, I also hope he came at SW from behind upon coming home and that she never saw CW. The thought of her knowing/seeing their girls plus seeing CW upon her being murdered is just a lot. I’m hoping that’s not too much to hope for.

That’s where I am as well. And as OFF as this may sound, I hope that is the scenario because that would mean SW didn’t see them. Said before, I also hope he came at SW from behind upon coming home and that she never saw CW. The thought of her knowing/seeing their girls plus seeing CW upon her being murdered is just a lot. I’m hoping that’s not too much to hope for.
I guess that's the best scenario we can hope for. Not much, but it's something.

Could it just be as "simple" as this scenario? Shanann got home and their heated argument was that he confessed, or she accused him, of cheating. She stripped the bed - threw the tainted sheets in the trash. The argument escalated. He strangled her? Then he wanted his kids to be with their mother, so he killed them? Then he didn't want to admit that he was cheating to his family and friends, so he made up the story. Or, he just felt bad with what he did and doesn't want to tell?

@SheepMan

From last thread you asked where it was that NU said CW was talking about separation during the phone call she made to him re doing a welfare check on SW

It was in her interview with GMA

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest

“I know that Chris and her were having some issues about *three weeks* prior to everything happening" (from GMA)

SW didn't say a word about a separation to her only that she noticed Chris to be "distant" with SW & the girls..Was there anyone she told? I thought I read here that she did.

She surely did RUIN CW's DAY but she SAVED the DAY for her friend & her two little girls..BRAVO! The dr's office may have called to see why SW missed her appt. but that would've done no good since CW is most likely the contact person..A good guess would be he'd say her plans changed & she was still out of town.

well, that indeed would damning evidence if that happened as that was before Nicole called him. Did he know that she missed the doctor's appointment before Nicole called? I'm sure they have records of that by now.

According to the timeline presented by AB last night I have little doubt that CW dumped the girls before SW arrived home & also had already dug her grave..I hope it can be proven at trial just how PREMEDIATATED these horrific murders were!
She said that the sun came up at 6:30 am, and already it was 80 deg on that Monday. I just can't believe that he climbed up those tanks in the daylight. But that Monday morning he could have brought Shan'ann's body out there with the intention of tossing her later in the dark, in the tank.

Now with the post above about the bolts possibly being hard to open, I really doubt it was all done Monday morning. Probably he tossed the kids in the crude oil sometime after the birthday party and before the time she was originally to come home. Which could be why he was even angrier that she arrived so late, with what he had to do it ended up that he arrived there in the daylight. (Per AB distance traveled after leaving at 5:30 am.

Summer Before Triple Murder, Watts Couple Had 'Full-Blown Fight' — Then Hugged When They Were Seen
8/31/18

“I think they were always putting on a show,” says Melinda Phillips, who recalls seeing Chris and Shan’ann “clearly having an argument” in their driveway one day earlier this summer....

“From a full-blown fight to hugs in less than a minute, it was incredible,” she says......

The bodies of Shan’ann, Bella and Celeste were recovered not long after Chris was arrested on Aug. 15 and accused of their murders. Their remains had been concealed on property belonging to his former employer. (He was fired the same day he was taken into custody.)

Motive has yet to be confirmed, drawing greater scrutiny to Chris’ suspected infidelities.

Among other alleged revelations, according to investigators, was the confirmation that Chris was cheating on his wife with a co-worker at the time of the three slayings. A source close the investigation told PEOPLE this week that Chris had relationships with both men and women outside of his marriage.
Summer Before Murders, Watts Couple Had 'Full-Blown Fight' — Then Hugged When They Were Seen

Last edited:
Could it just be as "simple" as this scenario? Shanann got home and their heated argument was that he confessed, or she accused him, of cheating. She stripped the bed - threw the tainted sheets in the trash. The argument escalated. He strangled her? Then he wanted his kids to be with their mother, so he killed them? Then he didn't want to admit that he was cheating to his family and friends, so he made up the story. Or, he just felt bad with what he did and doesn't want to tell?
I doubt that he wanted them to be with their mother, but that is the easiest solution, they saw him do something to mommy and he had to kill them. But with the oil tanks being so far away, I have to toss Occam in this case and believe in premeditation.
I wonder why it took so long to kill them all, why he waited until 5:30 to leave the house. I saw a video someone posted here about the tank farm being inside of a ranch, I wonder if he simply couldn't get in there before 6 am or so, ie maybe it was closed.

Does anyone remember that post, a video, that showed an entrance way, with gate, into the ranch through buildings? And then another shot of the tanks which were isolated and had another gate to open?

“I know that Chris and her were having some issues about *three weeks* prior to everything happening" (from GMA)

SW didn't say a word about a separation to her only that she noticed Chris to be "distant" with SW & the girls..Was there anyone she told? I thought I read here that she did.

Was 3 weeks prior around the nut issue and statements on Facebook by her?

There's also a timeline from 5:20a until AB assumes CW arrived at work around 7:15a..With the travel time to the burial site (40 mins or so), the 1/2 hr or so an expert said it takes to dig a shallow grave, making it up to the top to put the girls in the tank (one at a time or together?), & then drive to work (I think? 20 mins) it's cutting it very close..Also, the sun came up shortly after 6a so he wasn't doing this in the dark & what time did the workers at that site normally arrive? This is why it makes the most sense that he had already dug the grave & also disposed of the girls prior to SW getting home.

Someone on YouTube drove out to the site where where the bodies were found, and I have to say it is far more isolated and in the middle of nowhere than I had imagined. I honestly think if CW's plans hadn't been disrupted by NU, this would still be a missing family.

There's also a timeline from 5:20a until AB assumes CW arrived at work around 7:15a..With the travel time to the burial site (40 mins or so), the 1/2 hr or so an expert said it takes to dig a shallow grave, making it up to the top to put the girls in the tank (one at a time or together?), & then drive to work (I think? 20 mins) it's cutting it very close..Also, the sun came up shortly after 6a so he wasn't doing this in the dark & what time did the workers at that site normally arrive? This is why it makes the most sense that he had already dug the grave & also disposed of the girls prior to SW getting home.

How do we or they know that he arrived at work at 7:15? And do we know where he worked, like, the specific location where he was supposed to report?

I saved it on FB save option. Ok to post here?

@PommyMommy
I believe posting a link from SW FB (not screenshot) is well within the TOS and directives Tricia has provided previously.
I have to jump off for a bit for RL, but didn’t want to leave you hanging. Here are the details I noted:

02/14/2018 - SW FB love video:
7:20 “can’t have an R8, have THREE, two little kiddos”
Shanann Watts

6:45 begins this topic
04/17/2018 - CO winds
5:45 shows deck, backyard, in progress houses by builder, where roads backing up to house will be paved (could’ve been finished and paved by end of July, not sure)
Backyard and backside road, newer housing in development

Editing as only one link is showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads