CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Before Triple Murder, Watts Couple Had 'Full-Blown Fight' — Then Hugged When They Were Seen
8/31/18

“I think they were always putting on a show,” says Melinda Phillips, who recalls seeing Chris and Shan’ann “clearly having an argument” in their driveway one day earlier this summer....

“From a full-blown fight to hugs in less than a minute, it was incredible,” she says......

The bodies of Shan’ann, Bella and Celeste were recovered not long after Chris was arrested on Aug. 15 and accused of their murders. Their remains had been concealed on property belonging to his former employer. (He was fired the same day he was taken into custody.)

Motive has yet to be confirmed, drawing greater scrutiny to Chris’ suspected infidelities.

Among other alleged revelations, according to investigators, was the confirmation that Chris was cheating on his wife with a co-worker at the time of the three slayings. A source close the investigation told PEOPLE this week that Chris had relationships with both men and women outside of his marriage.
Summer Before Murders, Watts Couple Had 'Full-Blown Fight' — Then Hugged When They Were Seen

That is very interesting. Very. The fight in the driveway had to have occured back in June, before SW left for NC.

And at least one neighbor saw the fight, then the immediate makeup, and concluded that they were putting on a show. The perfect family show.

Interesting.

MOO

That is very interesting. Very. The fight in the driveway had to have occured back in June, before SW left for NC.

And at least one neighbor saw the fight, then the immediate makeup, and concluded that they were putting on a show. The perfect family show.

Interesting.

MOO
"Smile you're on camera"

Interesting.

MOO
It makes me sad to think that they both probably had a lot of red flag and warnings to end this marriage a long time ago but decided to stick it out.

Good Q's! I would hope AB has confirmation on his work info before declaring her timeline..Also, that she knows it's a fact a crew works at that site on a daily basis & their arrival time..If not, we're being misled, & the only thing she knows for sure is what time the sun came up.

That’s where I am as well. And as OFF as this may sound, I hope that is the scenario because that would mean SW didn’t see them. Said before, I also hope he came at SW from behind upon coming home and that she never saw CW. The thought of her knowing/seeing their girls plus seeing CW upon her being murdered is just a lot. I’m hoping that’s not too much to hope for.
In the arrest affidavit it says that SW's cell phone was found in the loft area between the bedrooms, between two cushions of a sofa.
Quote from the arrest affidavit:
In a loft area located between the bedrooms was Shannan's cell phone that Det. Baumhover later learned was found between two cushions on a sofa located in the loft area.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

If Shannan was attacked before she could go upstairs, then it must have been CW who later placed her cell phone between the sofa cushions in the loft, probably to hide it there.

Or:
SW did make it upstairs, discovered that the children were dead, wanted to call the police, CW came after SW and attacked her, and her cell phone ended up between the sofa cushions during the deadly struggle ...

It makes me sad to think that they both probably had a lot of red flag and warnings to end this marriage a long time ago but decided to stick it out.

And decided to have another baby.

Some posters have suggested that CW wanted the baby but SW was reluctant due to her health problems. I beg to differ. I think SW wanted another child, perhaps to try to salvage the marriage. I don't know why he would want a third child when he was so unhappy. And one source has suggested marital problems going back to February, IIRC.

MOO

She said that the sun came up at 6:30 am, and already it was 80 deg on that Monday. I just can't believe that he climbed up those tanks in the daylight. But that Monday morning he could have brought Shan'ann's body out there with the intention of tossing her later in the dark, in the tank.

Now with the post above about the bolts possibly being hard to open, I really doubt it was all done Monday morning. Probably he tossed the kids in the crude oil sometime after the birthday party and before the time she was originally to come home. Which could be why he was even angrier that she arrived so late, with what he had to do it ended up that he arrived there in the daylight. (Per AB distance traveled after leaving at 5:30 am.
I too believe this was premeditated and he disposed of the two young girls prior to Monday am. He sought out a location, prepped the barrels, and got a key for the gates. BTW, he also made sure to have the girls at that birthday party on Sunday, not to cause anymore concern of them not being seen before SW came home from her trip.

Yeah. I'm going to take that as speculation on her part unless I see a source. For all we know, the tank location was where he was working. I've even considered the fact that he was out there from 6:15am (whenever he arrived from home) until he got the notification from his Ring camera that NU was knocking on his door. Then he panicked and started rushing home.

Personally, I don't think that ending a fight necessarily equates to "putting on a show." I've certainly been in situations where I've been arguing with a significant other in public and tried to tone it down to avoid attention. I could definitely see a couple arguing and then noticing a nosy neighbor staring at them and one of them saying "hey, let's chill out, people are staring." Going so far as giving a hug might be a bit of a stretch, but ending a fight that's drawing attention doesn't seem strange or alarming to me.

@RickshawFan
Post #525
Thread #14

I'm just not sure what I'm missing in the video & pictures you referenced.
Many posters liked and agreed with you. It leads me to think my brain may be wired wrong :)

No, But, honestly what am I misreading?

I see a young woman (in video you referenced) that seems at peace and content with her life.
I don't see 'phony'. It doesn't make me feel 'creepy', nor do the family pictures.

I know nothing about MLM. Only Amway two decades ago - a friend's husband was selling it. That's it, nada, except for that.

I'm wondering if people, for some odd reason, feel a jealousy toward Shanann because her experience with MLM was positive? Not in any way saying you feel that way. Just truly cannot understand all the negativity about Shanann...? Several posters agree with you - What Am I Missing?

Sometimes it feels as if the whole world is jaded :( Why can't a person post their beliefs, that they are content, and, YES, happy with life? Why are people all too eager to smear those people?

I, for one, am so glad that the last few years of her life she smiled a lot.
Glad that she enjoyed her much too short life & posted 'happy' moments.

So, what the heck is wrong with me?
Why am I not seeing what so many of you are seeing? What Am I Missing here? Serious question.

Tia

Personally, I don't think that ending a fight necessarily equates to "putting on a show." I've certainly been in situations where I've been arguing with a significant other in public and tried to tone it down to avoid attention. I could definitely see a couple arguing and then noticing a nosy neighbor staring at them and one of them saying "hey, let's chill out, people are staring." Going so far as giving a hug might be a bit of a stretch, but ending a fight that's drawing attention doesn't seem strange or alarming to me.
For me it's the fact they hugged immediately. It would have been different if they had just taken the fight inside, that's a more "normal" reaction IMO.

I doubt that he wanted them to be with their mother, but that is the easiest solution, they saw him do something to mommy and he had to kill them. But with the oil tanks being so far away, I have to toss Occam in this case and believe in premeditation.
I wonder why it took so long to kill them all, why he waited until 5:30 to leave the house. I saw a video someone posted here about the tank farm being inside of a ranch, I wonder if he simply couldn't get in there before 6 am or so, ie maybe it was closed.

Does anyone remember that post, a video, that showed an entrance way, with gate, into the ranch through buildings? And then another shot of the tanks which were isolated and had another gate to open?

And decided to have another baby.

Some posters have suggested that CW wanted the baby but SW was reluctant due to her health problems. I beg to differ. I think SW wanted another child, perhaps to try to salvage the marriage. I don't know why he would want a third child when he was so unhappy. And one source has suggested marital problems going back to February, IIRC.

MOO
But why would SW have publicly stated that as fact via public posts on SM (that it was CW that had to talk her into trying for a 3rd)? CW had FB at that time, remember. And all of their friends, sure,y that would’ve come up or mentioned there too, no?
That’s a pretty big statement for her to make if it wasn’t indeed fact.
Not looking for a WS fight, just looking to understand what lead to your belief that it was SW and not CW initiating trying for a 3rd, when public statements show otherwise?
Yes, I get it, SM public posts isn’t the end all be all for actual facts, but if one is posting publicly, then why wouldn’t that have been the case?

@RickshawFan
Post #525
Thread #14

Many posters liked and agreed with you. It leads me to think my brain may be wired wrong :)

I see a young woman (in video you referenced) that seems at peace and content with her life.
I don't see 'phony'. It doesn't make me feel 'creepy', nor do the family pictures.

I know nothing about MLM. Only Amway two decades ago - a friend's husband was selling it. That's it, nada, except for that.

I'm wondering if people, for some odd reason, feel a jealousy toward Shanann because her experience with MLM was positive? Not in any way saying you feel that way. Just truly cannot understand all the negativity about Shanann...? Several posters agree with you - What Am I Missing?

Sometimes it feels as if the whole world is jaded :( Why can't a person post their beliefs, that they are content, and, YES, happy with life? Why are people all too eager to smear those people?

Why am I not seeing what so many of you are seeing? What Am I Missing here? Serious question.

Tia
I agree. I see nothing fake. Just because she doesn't post her and CW fights doesn't make her fake.
She was beautiful, positive and I have no doubt if she was allowed to live she would have continued on just as happy and positive with some heart ache getting through another divorce and 3 babies. I feel she would have made the best of it all JMO

Someone on YouTube drove out to the site where where the bodies were found, and I have to say it is far more isolated and in the middle of nowhere than I had imagined. I honestly think if CW's plans hadn't been disrupted by NU, this would still be a missing family.

Any chance you could post the link if it's still in your history Tiger? Or I can look it up, if you know what the clip was titled as?

@RickshawFan
Post #525
Thread #14

Tia

@PommyMommy
I believe posting a link from SW FB (not screenshot) is well within the TOS and directives Tricia has provided previously.
I have to jump off for a bit for RL, but didn’t want to leave you hanging. Here are the details I noted:

02/14/2018 - SW FB love video:
7:20 “can’t have an R8, have THREE, two little kiddos”
Shanann Watts

6:45 begins this topic
04/17/2018 - CO winds
5:45 shows deck, backyard, in progress houses by builder, where roads backing up to house will be paved (could’ve been finished and paved by end of July, not sure)
Backyard and backside road, newer housing in development

Editing as only one link is showing.
You're a rockstar, thank you!

ETA: I've added both of the videos to the media thread in case we need to find them again. :)

Last edited:
In the arrest affidavit it says that SW's cell phone was found in the loft area between the bedrooms, between two cushions of a sofa.
Quote from the arrest affidavit:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

If Shannan was attacked before she could go upstairs, then it must have been CW who later placed her cell phone between the sofa cushions in the loft, probably to hide it there.

Or:
SW did make it upstairs, discovered that the children were dead, wanted to call the police, CW came after SW and attacked her, and her cell phone ended up between the sofa cushions during the deadly struggle ...
Gosh you are in my head on this! I go back and forth with what we know (little), to a realistic scenario, to basic logic, or hope, etc.
IMO, if her phone was taken downstairs, I lean right now to he would’ve just thrown it in the kitchen trash like he did bed linens. Clearly not that smart, so hard to believe he’d think to stash it in the loft sofa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3