CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped.

I don't think he snapped. I think it was a smoldering rage, fed by outside sexual interests and financial issues.

The man wanted out, but for whatever reason couldn't publicly face a failed marriage so he set himself up to look like a victim: "Not my fault the marriage ended, she disappeared with the kids."

jmo, subject to chage

and could play the loving husband & father whose wife ran out on him.

Actually, that's a good question. But someone just posted some SSs on FB and, IMO, the latest edition of People magazine said

1. they are testing hundreds of hairs found in his truck to determine times of death

2. he did not delete his texts or search history and what they found tells them Shanann was not involved and that he did not "snap"

ETA, the info came from LE sources

I'll alert this post to make sure it's ok.

Just when I thought there would be no new info until the next court date.

Hairs in the truck - how can they be used to determine TOD? That's new to me.

And, thank goodness he didn't delete texts and searches. That's amazing. Next thing you know he'll leave a bedsheet as evidence. Oh wait.

jmo

I'm curious. Why?

Mainly because I don't see what others see in the SM videos. He appears caring and loving toward the children, I don't see indifference. I don't think he faked it for that long. It's a stretch for me to think he killed the babies without provocation.

I'm probably wrong but I just don't see pure evil.

Inthedetails said:
Snipped.

I don't think he snapped. I think it was a smoldering rage, fed by outside sexual interests and financial issues.

The man wanted out, but for whatever reason couldn't publicly face a failed marriage so he set himself up to look like a victim: "Not my fault the marriage ended, she disappeared with the kids."

jmo, subject to chage

and could play the loving husband & father whose wife ran out on him.

Yes..THIS! Exactly. 100%

And, thank goodness he didn't delete texts and searches. That's amazing. Next thing you know he'll leave a bedsheet as evidence. Oh wait.

jmo
Makes me wonder how long those sweet babies were that truck before he put them in the tank.

“2. he did not delete his texts or search history and what they found tells them Shanann was not involved and that he did not "snap"”
If this is true, that means it was premeditated.

Wow.
I'm not surprised at premeditation, but I am surprised that he is so dumb he would text people things that would be evidence that he didn't "snap".

We'll be together soon?
I'll have your money soon?

He may be NASCAR smart....he may have a photographic memory... But he's dumb as a box of rocks.

This and he had a small taste of what it is like to be a single parent with kids and didn't like it much.

I really think that had a lot to do with his final decision. He had 6 weeks of wonderful bachelor life.

Then suddenly he is the one totally responsible for the 2 girls. Feeding them, washing them, playing with them, cleaning up after them, answering endless questions and listening to whining and crying if he tried to ignore them. And if they separated, he would be given many more weekends like that.

I think it was all too much for this selfish, cold hearted .

Actually, they were getting separated, it was reported in the news--Shanann talked to her family about it when she was in NC.

I didn't realize her family had spoken to the media and said Shanann mentioned a separation during her NC trip. Does anyone have that link? I only saw the interview with her friend Nicole who says Shanann didn't mention a separation to her. Nicole said Shanann mentioned Chris hadn't been as affection lately and then says "he has no game". I took that as after saying he wasn't affectionate, then maybe she joked as in "Oh but I doubt he's having an affair, he has no game" and laughted about it. That is just something I could see happening but yes she could have truly suspected an affair and been speaking seriously about it. However, she did not mention anything about a separation to Nicole. I will have to look for the news where her family says they were separating. I don't know how I missed that.

jmo
or change the time or puts sheets in the trash right...
Oh wait! lol...

jmo
Something to do with hair follicles falling off after certain time?

Makes me wonder how long those sweet babies were that truck before he put them in the tank.
Oh...I hadn't thought of that. :(

Still not sure how hair could determine TOD. By insects?? I know insects can be used to determine TOD when a body is found deceased, but not sure insects are attracted to hair.

What do the forensic people on the thread think?

jmo

Interesting that CW was so interested in NASCAR growing up, but I haven't seen anything posted in the SM that indicates he was a NASCAR fan. Maybe I missed it. I saw he was a fan of the Steelers and Rockies, and they attended concerts, mostly at Red Rocks.

Oddly enough the Watts lived within a mile or two of Colorado National Speedway. They have races every Saturday night in the summer and are known to have an occasional NASCAR race.

Still not sure how hair could determine TOD. By insects?? I know insects can be used to determine TOD when a body is found deceased, but not sure insects are attracted to hair.

jmo

all i can recall from another case was the half-life of certain medications present in the follicle- that's why I asked which of the girls was currently on daily medication....

jmo
I don't think they could determine TOD outside of some medications presenting within the hair follicle or if they were dead before being loaded into the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman