CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember someone posting in yesterday’s thread that there would be a lot of blood involved with a miscarriage...perhaps the blood was on the fitted sheet?

I think it is more likely that if there was biological evidence on the sheets it was either urine or foaming of the mouth (both can happen during strangulation). When a person is trying to breathe through the mouth but has the airway blocked, pressure can build up behind the salivary glands and, for all intents and purposes, hydraulic pressure builds up and produces foam that can come from the mouth and/or nose. Also, when a person dies, all muscles in their body relax, which can cause elimination of bodily fluids.

I think he'll definately want a plea deal. He's a coward, I believe he's shown that, imo one of the reasons he did what he did. I don't think he'd want all his lies and perhaps secret life style put out there in a court room for everyone to know. I don't think we'll ever know all the details of this family's demise, he'll go to his grave pleading this same sick story about it all. I pray every night for her family and that they are able to go on living without knowing the reasons why. It's never ending, and can drive you crazy.
I agree Mac1233 that he will go to his grave sticking to his story. I also agree that the family will never know the reasons why and will have to endure that for the rest of their lives. I don't think CW will take a plea deal though because he probably would think he has nothing to lose to go to trial and everything to gain if he wins. I don't know how it legally all works in terms of charges and minimum years but I do think he will roll the dice with a trial. Also, again I am not knowledgeable of legal matters but I am thinking the prosecution might not offer a plea deal. Is that possible?

his language really bothers me. He says in this video that was just posted "I have no inclination of where she is" at :0:48... and " I don't have no inclination of where she is " at 2:23

in·cli·na·tion

ˌinkləˈnāSH(ə)n/

noun

a person's natural tendency or urge to act or feel in a particular way

Something tells me that it wouldn't bother him in the least. He has no remorse. None.

Oh, he has plenty of "remorse".
Remorse for being caught.
Remorse for being in jail.
Remorse for the victims being found so soon.
Remorse that N called LEO so quickly.
Remorse that the victims drove him to it. He had no "choice".

I am sure he is definitely remorseful!

The affidavit says bed sheet. It also says that the pattern matches that of the pillowcases and top sheet found in the kitchen trash can. What I am saying is that it is safe to assume it is a fitted sheet, but I haven't seen that reported. It may have been and I've missed it, I just don't remember.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
Hi PommyMommy, I think it was a fitted sheet only because it states in the affidavit that the sheet found in the oil field matched the pillow cases and top sheet found in the garbage can. Therefore if it matched the top sheet and pillow cases the only remaining item left in the sheet set is the fitted sheet portion. I also posted many threads ago that I am making an assumption that this was the master bedroom sheet set because it references several pillow cases and those number of pillow cases are reserved for queen or king sheet sets and not double or twin sheet sets.

Yes. Like that! But I was also thinking of something very comprehensive, like emptiness in the person. She doesn't seem to me to have been "real" in so many ways.
I don’t want to sound like I’m being harsh on her, I don’t think she knew, and I think she was trying her everlovin’ best, and that’s all any of us can do.

I agree Mac1233 that he will go to his grave sticking to his story. I also agree that the family will never know the reasons why and will have to endure that for the rest of their lives. I don't think CW will take a plea deal though because he probably would think he has nothing to lose to go to trial and everything to gain if he wins. I don't know how it legally all works in terms of charges and minimum years but I do think he will roll the dice with a trial. Also, again I am not knowledgeable of legal matters but I am thinking the prosecution might not offer a plea deal. Is that possible?

I don’t think he will be offered a plea deal. I think he’s going to trial, and the prosecution will seek the death penalty. That’s just what I think.

his language really bothers me. He says in this video that was just posted "I have no inclination of where she is" at :0:48... and " I don't have no inclination of where she is " at 2:23

in·cli·na·tion

ˌinkləˈnāSH(ə)n/

noun

Yes odd choice of word to use. One would think a person would say I have no idea where she is or I have no indication of where she is etc.

in·cli·na·tion

ˌinkləˈnāSH(ə)n/

noun

His use of "inclination" bugged me too.

I think he meant to say, "I have no indication."

But that doesn't totally work either because it implies he was supposed to have some information from her about where she is but mysteriously doesn't have it.

So maybe he meant to say, "I have no information but want to sound like I'm concerned to hide the fact that I actually do have information but I don't have another word so I'll just use 'inclination' since it sounds close enough."

He had no inclination to tell the truth.

jmopinion

Oh, he has plenty of "remorse".
Remorse for being caught.
Remorse for being in jail.
Remorse for the victims being found so soon.
Remorse that N called LEO so quickly.
Remorse that the victims drove him to it. He had no "choice".

I am sure he is definitely remorseful!

Correct!! Always about CW ... they're like cookie cutters, these murderers. Show no emotion except anger at getting caught. Cry for themselves because they've been caught. Just scary, scary humans.

Yes odd choice of word to use. One would think a person would say I have no idea where she is or I have no indication of where she is etc.
Probably just a regional thing. I worked with a woman who used 'bring' for both 'bring' and 'take'.
She once asked me when I was going to our main office to bring the newspaper back, so I said yes and walked off. She called me and waved the newspaper at me.
She wanted me to take it back to the main office and I thought that she wanted the newspaper which was kept in the main office brought to her.

The affidavit says bed sheet. It also says that the pattern matches that of the pillowcases and top sheet found in the kitchen trash can. What I am saying is that it is safe to assume it is a fitted sheet, but I haven't seen that reported. It may have been and I've missed it, I just don't remember.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

I stand corrected, thank you. I read, "The [bed sheet found near the oil tanks] matched the pattern of several pillowcases and a top sheet that was recovered from a kitchen trash can from [Watts'] residence early that day," and my brain automatically went to fitted sheet, because what else would it be? But you're correct, the word fitted does not appear.

I doubt CW takes a plea deal because he's already floated the "she strangled the kids" defense. The prosecution has to prove he killed all of them and all CW needs is one juror to believe him.

Hi PommyMommy, I think it was a fitted sheet only because it states in the affidavit that the sheet found in the oil field matched the pillow cases and top sheet found in the garbage can. Therefore if it matched the top sheet and pillow cases the only remaining item left in the sheet set is the fitted sheet portion. I also posted many threads ago that I am making an assumption that this was the master bedroom sheet set because it references several pillow cases and those number of pillow cases are reserved for queen or king sheet sets and not double or twin sheet sets.
Agreed! :)

I am also very interested in the logistics of the burials. The more I think about it, the less it seems something that could be done quickly and/or in a panic like he claims.

jmo
The ones that I have seen with a latch are usually separators which is a totally different thing. Some other types of tanks may have a latch, but out in the field I have only seen the manways have bolts. I think they do not want them to be so easy to open that just anyone can go up and open them. There may be some crude tanks like that out in the field, but I have never seen one like that. It is also important to remember the tanks in located in a processing facility (midstream) often have a different set-up than the ones on the pad.

I doubt CW takes a plea deal because he's already floated the "she strangled the kids" defense. The prosecution has to prove he killed all of them and all CW needs is one juror to believe him.
Once the jury hears he threw his two young children into tanks of oil, they are going to have a hard time believing he did that even without killing them himself. I don't know if prosecutors will go as far as showing pictures of the girls deceased and covered in oil, but that would undermine his story, imo. Who in the world would dispose of his own children in such a horrible way unless he were guilty of even worse, their murder?

If LE can't prove who killed the girls, I still think the oil tanks will do him in. That's his hurdle to overcome, imo.

jmopinion

I didn't realize the timing of the doll photo. On Friday August 10, one day after posting the doll's image, SW traveled to Scottsdale, Arizona for a work event
A-chilling-final-image-published-by-murdered-mother-Shanann-Watts-shows-a-doll-wrapped-in-FUNERAL-SHROUD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member