CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband worked for an oil company for 35 years. I asked him this morning about the girls being disposed of in an oil tank. This was his job. He gauged tanks, and serviced tanks, kept records etc. He said the girls eventually would have been found. The tanks after the oil has been sold, would have been cleaned. After the oil is drained, the thief hatch is removed and a person in a full hazmat suit goes down into the tank and cleans the tank. He said however if the wells were inactive, it might have been a while before this happened. He said he doesn't understand why oil would have still been in the tank if inactive. He also said it depends on who was the operator of the lease. If it is a small independent oil company, they might leave the oil in the tank. But this is not normal. He also said eventually the body would have decomposed. It might have taken longer than normal though.

Thanks for the information. Alerting the poster below as we were discussing this last night.

(@MassGuy)

Shanann Watts Funeral: Murdered Mom, Two Daughters Laid to Rest in North Carolina

The funeral for Shanann and her children, which was live streamed on Facebook, began on Saturday at the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church with the playing of “Wing Beneath My Wings” before three coffins were wheeled into the church, accompanied by Shanann’s family and friends as a choir sang “Amazing Grace.”

““She was our pride and joy, a true gift from God,” Shanann’s father and mother, Frank Rzucek and Sandra Onorati Rzucek, wrote in her obituary. “We were so blessed to have such a joyful and wonderful daughter whose beauty was that of a doll.”“

IMHO, it doesn't matter why he did what he did, because there is no excuse or explanation. Four innocent lives have ended. They all brought love and good into the world, in their own ways. We will never know the true potential of the three children, or what they may have brought to the world, because it will never be reached. Shananna showed tremendous strength and resiliency while facing debilitating illness and adversity. She also was a builder, building a family and a business. She touched many lives. We'll never know now what new and wonderful ways she may have discovered to use and improve her life and the lives of others. With her and the children; there is so much good and great value to be honored and remembered. With him; he is an emotional black hole and in time he will collapse in upon himself and disappear. I shudder to even think what awaits him on the other side.

To me, the most important thing is for him to be tried and punished, punished as severely as the law allows. I know there are some monsters who will never be deterred by law or the threat of punishment or seeing justice delivered. But, I do hope that there are other monsters who are deterred.

They put very little $ down on the CO house. In fact, they had to use a FHA loan to purchase the house. She was a previous homeowner in NC. In order to get the FHA loan, they used CW alone & added her later.
That’s right, I remember now.... thanks!

What a beautiful service that was.

Play this for the jury. There won't be a dry eye in the courtroom. CW's defense team should discuss a plea deal.

But, this case is very high profile, and narcissism is a common trait among attorneys, they probably all want a piece of this action. The prosecution won't let him skip on the charges against him for the girls, and he has already made the mistake of throwing SW under the bus for that, which no one believed.

He should have stayed quiet, his own words are going to make the case against him.

“"She was an amazing person," friend Amanda Thayer told ABC News of Shanann Watts. "She uplifted everyone around her. She listened to your thoughts, your concerns, your life. And never judged you. She gave you great advice."

"She pushed people to be successful," added her husband, Nick Thayer. "She just loved helping people succeed. People were drawn to her."

Slain pregnant mom, 2 young daughters to be mourned at funeral Saturday

This morning I was at my pharmacy, and while waiting I heard the pharmacist on the phone with someone. He went down a list of symptoms--racing heart, clamminess, chest/shoulder pain, etc.--and said, "I would definitely go to the ER, and be sure and let them know he's using the Thrive patches. Could be totally unrelated, but those things scare me." Obviously not conclusive of anything, but I thought it was interesting given some of the discussions here.

Man claims to be Chris Watts' lover, saying he suffered emotional abuse :: WRAL.com

—-

Watts Family Funeral: Honoring Shanann Watts, Her Daughters And Unborn Son

——

FB link for Funeral Service:
FOX31 KDVR.com

——

Shanann Watts funeral: Family, friends gather in Moore County to pay final respects :: WRAL.com

“PINEHURST, N.C. — About 200 people gathered Saturday in Moore County to pay their final respects to Shanann Watts and her two young daughters, all of whom will be buried in North Carolina...”

Last edited:
But was that before they moved? Or after during a visit?
I thought it was after move to CO, which I could be wrong, but if right.... what was drama filled enough to cause the move to CO without any employment (if SW video is true re: whys behind move). We all know already it wasn’t because of her family, which also visited CO quite often. Perhaps affairs prior during living in NC?
I know, none of us know, just thinking out loud.

My understanding is that she had a very good friend who had recently moved to CO. She sold the NC house & she & CW moved in with the friend. SW worked as a nanny for her friend while they lived with her, and CW got his job with Anadarko. They then bought the Saratoga Trail house from the builder in 2013.
I personally believe that most or all of the $ SW got from her sale of her NC house went toward paying off debts. She then lived with the friend while they saved up for a small down payment.

Well well well, I just had a thought. ( or should I say my my my in my best Lieutenant Joe Kenda impression)

There could be some defense spin going on behind the scenes right now!

Could perhaps the defense be feeding information to People magazine just to get things stirred up about it was some Heat of the Moment passion thing vs planned? And the reason other people are coming forward that are associated with defense attorneys that are crooked as some say and giving salacious info to support heat of moment/passion excuse vs. Planning.

This just came to mind because of what my family member said up thread. The People magazine was the only thing she knew about this case.

I have the People article in hand & do not feel it is in any way slanted in favor of CW. In fact, it seems to be the opposite IMO.

“In January, the expectant mother declared 2018 would be her year. “I’m super, super, super pumped about 2018. 2018 is my year. I’m claiming it. It is my year. Everything I want for my family is happening in 2018 or at least it’s gonna be in process,” she said in a Facebook video.

“I have a lot of goals and dreams for my family and one of them’s to give my kids the best they can get,” Shanann continued. “As far as living life, enjoying one another, creating memories as a family. I want to travel the world with my kids.”“

They put very little $ down on the CO house. In fact, they had to use a FHA loan to purchase the house. She was a previous homeowner in NC. In order to get the FHA loan, they used CW alone & added her later.

I believe she was added to the deed. I don't think she could have been added to the mortgage, but I'm not 100% positive about that. JMO, but this may have been another thing he may have been unhappy about, knowing that anything negative to do with the house from a payment standpoint would reflect on his credit, and not hers.

Thank you for speaking this important truth! If you’re not or never have been married, you just don’t get it. Heck, even some married people don’t seem to get it, or they won’t let themselves at least, as listening to society seems to trump listening to their own hearts and minds. But it’s so true!! Just the other day a friend who I’ve known since kindergarten (so for 28 years!) posted something on Facebook that is the perfect example of this. Keep in mind she’s 33 and currently single but has been married before - a divorcee who was married for 2 years and got divorced several years ago. It was a photo of her parents on their wedding day, some 40 years ago, and her wishing them a happy anniversary and going on about how it’s so great they’re still together and have a great marriage and blah blah. At the end of the post, she said “they make marriage look easy - the way marriage is supposed to be!”
Wait, what? Marriage is supposed to be easy?! Says who? Well, for one, God doesn't, I know that. He explicitly says that it will often be hard and how to handle it. Do I always listen and do what He says to make it easier? Nope. No way. Wish I did! But I’m not perfect and struggle with the difficult, yet rewarding, things, such as marriage, just like everyone else. And yes, it’s true, EVERYONE else does too, regardless of what Facebook says. What you see is not what you get, so quit looking at that greener grass over there on the other side and start watering your own.

But watering can be hard. And doesn’t always make the grass green, not right away, at least.

If step one is recognizing and acknowledging that it is hard, which we all do whether out loud or just that nagging feeling that we keep inside and to ourselves, then step two needs to be ACCEPTING it. Believe it, baby. You don’t have to be religious to know that relationships of any kind are hard sometimes. Marriage, being the relationship of all relationships - the one that really takes the sheer definition of the word to the max, cannot possibly be the exception. Friendships are sometimes hard. Work relationships are sometimes hard. My relationships with each of my 3 children are sometimes hard, each of which are different and unique and separate from the others yet all hard sometimes! And then there’s marriage - throw love, sex, money, kids into the mix and expect it to be EASY?! Foolish.

We are humans. Humans are not designed to handle complex emotions easily.

Quick test: are you a human? Yes. Are you married to another human? Yes.
Results: life will be hard sometimes. The grass won’t always be green. It will be unfair sometimes.
Suggestions: keep watering - put in the work, educate yourself, manage your expectations and morals, change yourself not your spouse. Divorce, maybe. Murder, no, never.

Easy is not always good. Good is not always easy. Rough edges can become smooth after pressure/effort is applied.

Okay, done. #sorrynotsorry about the soapbox. It’s a hot topic in my life right now:)

#aintthatthetruth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member