CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you use him as an expert? Whoever chose him just gave the Prosecution a huge gift. The prosecutor will demolish him . .

Maybe I would use him. He wasn’t discredited for fraudulent or bad science. He’s been recognized in Europe. One article from two years ago said he was getting his PhD at DU so I imagine in that timeframe he has brought his credentials up to Standards. You can attack the man or attack the science, but it’s not going to change the truth. And english isnt his native language so perhaps there is a communication barrier.

Eikelenboom is responsible for freeing Timothy Masters from prison after serving ten years for a crime he didn’t commit. It cost the State of Colorado $10M. As I recall, Morrissey represented the Court District in negotiating that payout. I think I mentioned before there could be politics at play in this situation.

He couldn’t get rid of her car. He knew there was a camera across the street, and they had a doorbell camera. During one of his interviews he suggested she may have left out the back door where there were no cameras. Someone could have driven around back to pick her up. The stuff of hers that remained in the house would be easy to clean up. He just needed to dispose of her wallet and ID. An empty purse could go wherever she kept her purses. The suitcase, shoes, and clothes could be put away. No one would know her clothes or purses well enough to know what she may or may not have taken with her.
He may not have been aware of the neighbor's camera until all broke loose and was maybe told of it by LE. He could have also disconnected the doorbell camera at their house.

IIRC wasn't her company paying for her car? If so, it would have been odd for her to leave without it.

Not only lazy, I think he was sloppy because he thought he wouldn’t be suspected. He thought he was cleverer than he was, and that he was cleverer than everyone else. JMO of course.

It is almost as if he was pointing the finger at himself with all the clues he left behind.

1. He made his alibi the same place the bodies were found
2. The sheet he left behind
3. The sheet and pillow cases in the kitchen garbage
4. Numerous bizarro media interviews
5. SW's cell phone, keys, and car found at the house
6. If he was aware of the neighbor's security cam, he didn't apparently think through as it would also record that SW and the girls never left the house that day
7. SW's shallow grave that was detected by a drone

That's probably for starts, and I may have missed something. Perhaps he ran out of time because of the flight delay and N alerting police, or could it be that he is just plain stupid?

ETA: #7

Last edited:
In regards to the sheet(s) found in the kitchen trash...... does anyone believe that CW thought after the initial search of the home LE would not be coming back? Maybe the search for his missing family would be conducted outside of their home, since there was no evidence of foul play?

Yes, the text under that headline/heading. The bolded part near the bottom
The defense attorney filed a motion Friday requesting that DNA samples be taken from the recovered bodies of Shanann Watts, and daughters Bella and Celeste Watts. But a Weld County District judge dismissed the motion, citing concerns about the credibility of the forensic expert consulted by the attorney, the Denver Post reported.

But according to the Post, Eikelenboom admitted during a 2016 sexual assault trial that he had no experience with DNA extraction or analysisand a Denver District Court judge subsequently barred Eikelenboom from testifying as an expert witness.

Colorado dad's lawyer seeks DNA samples from daughters' bodies, but judge rejects forensics expert: report

Last edited:
He may not have been aware of the neighbor's camera until all broke loose and was maybe told of it by LE. He could have also disconnected the doorbell camera at their house.

IIRC wasn't her company paying for her car? If so, it would have been odd for her to leave without it.

I think he decided to go with the “she left out the back door” theory. Somebody picked them up.

Chris Watts' daughters' bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days (just a link that mentions this DNA info)

I'm still very perplexed as the why the defense would ask for DNA from the girls' necks. How on earth would this help CW's defense? I'm of the very strong opinion that he killed all of them. Wouldn't this DNA only confirm CW strangled them? I see no upside for the defense in this request.

Is it possible for a defense team to ask for something that they know they won't be able to get (no usable DNA after being in the oil) merely to cast a "reasonable doubt"?

That's what I'm thinking. The defense has two options. One is to pose an affirmative defense, that is an alternative to what happened. The other is to just poke holes in the state's case. Which I don't think they can do. They're going to run with an affirmative defense, or at least preparing to do such.

It is almost as if he was pointing the finger at himself with all the clues he left behind.

1. He made his alibi the same place the bodies were found
2. The sheet he left behind
3. The sheet and pillow cases in the kitchen garbage
4. Numerous bizarro media interviews
5. SW's cell phone, keys, and car found at the house
6. If he was aware of the neighbor's security cam, he didn't apparently think through as it would also record that SW and the girls never left the house that day

That's probably for starts, and I may have missed something. Perhaps he ran out of time because of the flight delay and N alerting police, or could it be that he is just plain stupid?
I think that he was that plain stupid. I think that he thought that because he was such a nice guy, everyone would just believe that they had run off, he would sell the house and everyone would just forget about it.
He lied to LE about having an affair and it did not take them long to find out that lie.

Would you use him as an expert? Whoever chose him just gave the Prosecution a huge gift. The prosecutor will demolish him . .

One thing I can say I believe about him is that he wouldn't falsify his findings in Court. I think based on the story told, he is hoping to verify if C.W. story is true. He will reconstruct the crime as best he can. And if no evidence is found to support it, he won’t be making it up. As far as meds and violence we don’t know what if anything C.W. has been taking.

I think that he was that plain stupid. I think that he thought that because he was such a nice guy, everyone would just believe that they had run off, he would sell the house and everyone would just forget about it.
He lied to LE about having an affair and it did not take them long to find out that lie.

At first I thought CW was a psychopath. I think I gave him too much credit. JMO.

*run for the hills*

Foreboding that an attorney might be involved that is Baez, and following the way he did stuff for a defense and using the same people that he used.. And that knows his way of doing stuff.

He was one to Put stuff to media, through himself or his minions, to make it chaos in the media to confuse everybody. And it's exactly what we have been seeing.

I think Gitana said earlier that a high profile person may come into this trial to be his defense lawyer versus a public defender. I'm seeing it.

Last edited:
I think he decided to go with the “she left out the back door” theory. Somebody picked them up.
I think he landed on that, too. Problem is, there doesn't appear to be a gate in the back yard so would have required pregnant SW and her two little girls to scale a six foot tall privacy fence, or for a kidnapper to force them to scale the fence. JMO.

The defense attorney filed a motion Friday requesting that DNA samples be taken from the recovered bodies of Shanann Watts, and daughters Bella and Celeste Watts. But a Weld County District judge dismissed the motion, citing concerns about the credibility of the forensic expert consulted by the attorney, the Denver Post reported.

** snipped**

BBM. Your link does NOT say the Judge cited concerns about "the credibility of the forensic expert."

It says:
A Weld County District judge denied the requests.

Just want to vent. I belong to a couple of “groups” and notice increasing negative rhetoric about SW.
I am not so naive to think that it’s impossible for a wife to kill her children out of rage at their philandering husband who now wants a separation.
But in this case, for this woman to kill her children while being pregnant, would essentially mean, she would never have a relationship with that baby as well.
I just cannot see that much rage overtaking her to kill not just one child but two. Whether by suffocation or strangling which is what CW claims.
She does not appear suicidal to me at all either.
If she was that ferociously enraged, why not attack him ?
My point is that I suspect I am witnessing the beginnings of a CW fan club. Reminds me of the JA case.
Yes, everyone deserves a fair trial....but common sense should not be thrown out the window.

I couldn't agree more. I can see CW on prison dating websites and wading through fan-mail if convicted. He's shocked now that he's been caught but he has devised a fantasy of what happened and is in the process of making himself and other "imaginative" people believe it.

I've followed various family annihilator cases in the US and UK. I can only remember one where it seemed probable that the mother killed her children as a revenge against the father (apologies I cannot remember her name). Of course unusual cases do occur but for Shannan to be anything other than a victim would be to me almost impossible.
I find these cases horribly fascinating as for me they are the hardest to "get into the head" of the murderer. At what point and what happens in someone's brain that murdering your spouse and children is even thinkable, and then how do you get yourself to carry out murder after murder after murder?

There is usually no psychotic illness involved and I don't buy the "rage" type/"snap" killings. To carry out three separate killings one after the other you have to be focused and determined.

In regards to the sheet(s) found in the kitchen trash...... does anyone believe that CW thought after the initial search of the home LE would not be coming back? Maybe the search for his missing family would be conducted outside of their home, since there was no evidence of foul play?
I do. I think he thought was going to get away with it. I don’t think the police let on that they were investigating him until they presented him with the evidence against him when they had him down at the station.

But according to the Post, Eikelenboom admitted during a 2016 sexual assault trial that he had no experience with DNA extraction or analysisand a Denver District Court judge subsequently barred Eikelenboom from testifying as an expert witness.

Colorado dad's lawyer seeks DNA samples from daughters' bodies, but judge rejects forensics expert: report

Or you could read what he has to say in defense of himself... https://www.ifscolorado.com/fabrica...denver-district-attorney-mitchel-r-morrissey/
which is not to say there is any defense for Chris Watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member