CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an idiot. My wife took my children and ran off, but no, their bodies are f0und in your work field? Oh well, I only did it to protect my wife?
The man is stupid.
Is documented that he actually said, “I only did it to protect my wife?”

Bringing this forward again as we try to make sense of the nonsensical:

“Obviously it is very difficult for the rest of us to even comprehend how someone can get himself to a state of mind where the children become expendable," Dr Gregory said.
"But sometimes the children in these cases have almost become pawns in a game - the children have become a way of getting back at his wife, a way of punishing her - or they have become belongings of his that he feels he can't leave behind.
"You've often got men who are holding down jobs, they're men who have got a lot invested in their world and particularly, often, in the family on which they then turn the violence."
The trigger to kill is often the failure of the relationship with the mother, or a dispute over the children if the marriage has already ended.
"He will then want to retrieve his control," Dr Gregory said.
"It is a desperate way to do it, and it is perverse, because in retrieving the control he is also losing his own life, but this man has got himself into such a state of mind that says 'if I can't have them, then no one can'.“

What creates a 'family annihilator'?
———-

“The profile of a family annihilator is a middle-aged man, a good provider who would appear to neighbours to be a dedicated husband and a devoted father,' Levin said. 'He quite often tends to be quite isolated. He is often profoundly dedicated to his family, but has few friends of his own or a support system out with the family. He will have suffered some prolonged frustration and feelings of inadequacy, but then suffers some catastrophic loss. It is usually financial or the loss of a relationship. He doesn't hate his children, but he often hates his wife and blames her for his miserable life. He feels an overwhelming sense of his own powerlessness. He wants to execute revenge and the motive is almost always to "get even".'“

Focus: Fathers who kill their children

The article about his double life has the Affair Boy saying that CW couldn't come out because he would lose his children. Wondering if SW had found out about the relationship? Perhaps that is when she went to her parents to think things through. It would be devastating to learn that you were pregnant and your husband was cheating on you.

People seem to think SW was all in for portraying the perfect life, but it also seems as though CW was just as concerned with appearances...maybe more so. Even though he appears to have been a serial cheater, he may still have wanted to keep that respectable image of being the perfect husband and father while he had his side things.

Definitely think he had abandonment issues...even though he was cheating. Probably alot of other issues, too.

This may have been covered but , I know we were all interested in knowing if what info CW’s dad may have and if he would be a witness , however SW’s parents and brother are in that list . I wonder if it is info from NC visit . Did Her brother make it to Colorado before the arrest? I know this happened awfully quick and everyone was trying to come . If he didn’t make it there , he may have heard something from the NC visit
I don't recall if CW's father was on the initial witness list or not. SW brother and father both came to Colorado after CW already in custody.

The article about his double life has the Affair Boy saying that CW couldn't come out because he would lose his children. Wondering if SW had found out about the relationship? Perhaps that is when she went to her parents to think things through. It would be devastating to learn that you were pregnant and your husband was cheating on you.

People seem to think SW was all in for portraying the perfect life, but it also seems as though CW was just as concerned with appearances...maybe more so. Even though he appears to have been a serial cheater, he may still have wanted to keep that respectable image of being the perfect husband and father while he had his side things.

Definitely think he had abandonment issues...even though he was cheating. Probably alot of other issues, too.
Also, SW did confide in at least 2 friends that we know of, that things weren’t right, she suspected an affair. So, it’s not fair to say she was fake about it.

Also, SW did confide in at least 2 friends that we know of, that things weren’t right, she suspected an affair. So, it’s not fair to say she was fake about it.
I didn't mean that she was fake about it, and also she seems to me to be an outgoing, bubbly person. Many other people mention that she is living a certain lifestyle that she tries to portray as perfect, but they don't seem to see that in CW. I think that CW is the one that is fake. I think image was VERY important to him, and it was an image of CW that was not true to who he was. I think he really would have liked to be like SW, but didn't relate to people like she did, so he mimicked her. Despite cheating on her, I think he was dependent on her, and needed her, even though he may have resented her.

I think SW really loves sales. I am in environmental sales. To be successful, you need to love it, and you need to be able to relate to people. I think that SW was very gifted at that. I think she really loved it. She loved having a group of people around, she liked people, and she was a natural cheerleader in the lives of those she loved. That, at least, is my perception of her.

I didn't mean that she was fake about it, and also she seems to me to be an outgoing, bubbly person. Many other people mention that she is living a certain lifestyle that she tries to portray as perfect, but they don't seem to see that in CW. I think that CW is the one that is fake. I think image was VERY important to him, and it was an image of CW that was not true to who he was. I think he really would have liked to be like SW, but didn't relate to people like she did, so he mimicked her. Despite cheating on her, I think he was dependent on her, and needed her, even though he may have resented her.

I think SW really loves sales. I am in environmental sales. To be successful, you need to love it, and you need to be able to relate to people. I think that SW was very gifted at that. I think she really loved it. She loved having a group of people around, she liked people, and she was a natural cheerleader in the lives of those she loved. That, at least, is my perception of her.
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that you did think she was fake, but many others do, without realizing that a lot those videos were sales pitches, and she did have a private life.

Had Christopher's plans been carried thru by removing purse , meds, etc -- he could have put the car seats in his truck and dumped those somewhere. Then follow thru with his story re: backdoor escape for Shannan & girls.

I wish they had escaped . I know everyone does.

Obviously I think he is guily. I just don’t understand how everyone is saying lazy . There are pictures in SW FB of him washing dishes and mowing with a child in a carrier on his back . SW even talked about how hard of a worker he was . The neighbors interviews , friends all say he had been a great person they did not see this coming . They mentioned a disconnect of the relationship between he and his family , not as affectionate as of late. I see him as a monster for killing his family it just bewilders me that every comment we have from those who know him say he was not a narcissist , lazy , wife beater . Everyone was shocked . I survived A bad marriage of domestic violence . I can verify photos and court documents if needed. I will say one thing . I thought I kept it a secret , all my friends knew. My behavior changed , his control changed me going out, working , even the way I spoke . You can only use the “I fell “ excuse a few times before people start looking for bruises on you . I am not claiming to know their marriage but I am listening to those who did. I see flaws in SW just bc she made her life public . We all have flaws it is no reason to be murdered . The babies , totally innocent . So I just wonder how off everyone is on the profile , if we don’t listen to those involved in their live and assume we and the media knows more .

I’m sorry you went through all that and glad you got out. However all I was suggesting was that an overconfidence in his own abilities (to mislead everyone and hide the fact he was a murderer) gave CW a false sense of security and led to him being sloppy in his cover up of his crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member