CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea we do quilts,memorial throws , wind chimes , donations If requested by family and a lot of plants . I guess it’s a regional thing . Here we take food over for the family at their homes and give gift cards so they dont have to worry about cooking as well . When my friend passed away she was cremated . The funeral home rented a casket for the memorial to her family . Odd request IMO but they did it to keep tradition looking Funeral without people questioning her decision to be cremated .
Thanks for confirming the rented casket. I spent most holidays with my University roommate's family, as international travel was cost prohibitive for me. I recently attended my Univ Mum's funeral, and they too leased a casket to bring her body to the Roman Catholic Church for Funeral Mass/Rites but she was cremated afterwards. Although I had to ask if it was really happening , I'm glad to know this was not the first. (In Alaska, many opt for cremation because anyone who dies in winter typically has to wait until spring ground thaw for burial).

Last edited:
This may have been covered but , I know we were all interested in knowing if what info CW’s dad may have and if he would be a witness , however SW’s parents and brother are in that list . I wonder if it is info from NC visit . Did Her brother make it to Colorado before the arrest? I know this happened awfully quick and everyone was trying to come . If he didn’t make it there , he may have heard something from the NC visit

Yea under most MLM recruitment and team sales numbers are crucial . Some people not only help friends and relatives post marketing but sell under their name to ensure the pay system will continue for them . You can be a incredible sales person but your team must generate as well. So much pressure!! In most MLM cases cars you “win”are actually leased under your name only. If you do not meet strict guidelines you are responsible for the entire lease alone . I admire the dedication SW had . I can’t imagine the stress of such a hard job on her level .

I get stressed out just looking at SW's Instagram and FB.
I've been told that I'm good at sales butI think it's intensely stressful especially when you need that sales commission for your own everyday expenses. Every person you speak to represents a win or loss.

SW was extremely good at it. I wish that she could have been able to telecommute to a job w/ a steady salary not based on any sales --- like what she did at the kids hospitals, or being a life coach, school/parent/teacher liason, immune disorder advocate.

I wish our country had paid childcare and school tuition for everyone parents aren't having to take stressful jobs or 2nd and 3rd jobs.

A family member worked for years in a highly glamorous industry but one that was unbelieveably stressful. It demanded almost every waking minute and frequent flying to out-of-town business trips to see clients. Home life was put on hold.

My relative was in a hospital bed about to be wheeled into surgery, when their office was on the phone! They called constantly while my relative was recovering from the surgery.

With teleconferencing and cell phones so routine now,
there is no need for everyone to have to fly around
and stay in hotels just to talk to clients.

People want to stay home and be with their families. I wonder whether the Thrive sales trips are stressful for promoters rather than revving them up.

Can someone please explain CW's truck situation?
I thought that the bankruptcy cleared the debt on his truck. It was now paid in full --- the bankruptcy wipe the debt away.

Did CW have a new, different truck?

Was CW getting a $600 or $800 car allowance from Thrive?

Was he getting a car allowance from Anadarko? Was his truck part of Anadrako's company fleet of trucks?

In the Valentine's Day video where SW is downcast, she talks about trading in her lexus for an Audi. She said that Chris is thunking about trading too.

Could it be that they were trying to downsize into cheaper models with cheaper monthly leases?

I don't know if an Audi is onsidered cheaper than a Lexus.

I was shocked to read that Chris earned $147,000 as a mechanic at the car dealership when he first moved to CO. SW later got hired as an internet salesperson. Their boss said she was good at it.

People wonder why CW would leave a high-paying job
at the dealership for the job at Anadarko where he grossed significantly less ($60,000).

Their former boss, Greg Alore, provided a few clues. He said that his salesguys were leaving to work in the oil business.

I think that CW's first year's salary at the dealership coud have included a hefty signing bonus, moving expenses and maybe housing expenses until the Watts family could find a permanent home.

CW & SW could have released that people are living paycheck to paycheck and aren't in the market for a new car, so they both left the dealership. CW went to work for Anadrak and SW went to the kids hospital.

I know that many businesses across the nation have trouble with their employees quitting and going to work for Amazon (very, very punishing work).
Being in sales is really hard work and earnings can fluctuate wildly if a big portion of your salary is based on commissions. Some people perfer to have a steady income even if it's lower than their last salary.

SW would be on commission w/ a base at the car dealership. CW may have felt a fear of being laid off as a mechanic if the dealership wasn't making a lot of sales and profit.
I believe SW was a nanny when she first got there .

I get stressed out just looking at SW's Instagram and FB.
I've been told that I'm good at sales butI think it's intensely stressful especially when you need that sales commission for your own everyday expenses. Every person you speak to represents a win or loss.

SW was extremely good at it. I wish that she could have been able to telecommute to a job w/ a steady salary not based on any sales --- like what she did at the kids hospitals, or being a life coach, school/parent/teacher liason, immune disorder advocate.

I wish our country had paid childcare and school tuition for everyone parents aren't having to take stressful jobs or 2nd and 3rd jobs.

A family member worked for years in a highly glamorous industry but one that was unbelieveably stressful. It demanded almost every waking minute and frequent flying to out-of-town business trips to see clients. Home life was put on hold.

My relative was in a hospital bed about to be wheeled into surgery, when their office was on the phone! They called constantly while my relative was recovering from the surgery.

With teleconferencing and cell phones so routine now,
there is no need for everyone to have to fly around
and stay in hotels just to talk to clients.

People want to stay home and be with their families. I wonder whether the Thrive sales trips are stressful for promoters rather than revving them up.

Can someone please explain CW's truck situation?
I thought that the bankruptcy cleared the debt on his truck. It was now paid in full --- the bankruptcy wipe the debt away.

Did CW have a new, different truck?

Was CW getting a $600 or $800 car allowance from Thrive?

Was he getting a car allowance from Anadarko? Was his truck part of Anadrako's company fleet of trucks?

In the Valentine's Day video where SW is downcast, she talks about trading in her lexus for an Audi. She said that Chris is thunking about trading too.

Could it be that they were trying to downsize into cheaper models with cheaper monthly leases?

I don't know if an Audi is onsidered cheaper than a Lexus.
Not sure but most leases are 24 months she may have been towards the end of hers and wanted a change or a downsize .

The thing we haven’t really discussed is that Shannan’s team seemed to genuinely love and care about her. Both Nicole Utoft and Amber Thayer sell Thrive, too. They are all a tight knit group of friends who support and encourage one another. They also socialize and have fun together. Their children play together, they babysit for one another. It wasn’t all work. I watched one of her live stream product introduction videos, and people actually watched it when it was live. There were tons of comments and likes and hearts floating up the screen. She might well have loved what she did.
IMO she would have had to to excel and be committed like she was . I agree

You know, I’m thinking for all we know he could have even snapped over something as minor as what he equivocates as “nagging”, say hypothetically for example, her saying something to him about not taking the trash out, or something stupid like that....resentment within him towards her that had brewing for blaming her for this and that and this and that.

Last edited:
This may have been covered but , I know we were all interested in knowing if what info CW’s dad may have and if he would be a witness , however SW’s parents and brother are in that list . I wonder if it is info from NC visit . Did Her brother make it to Colorado before the arrest? I know this happened awfully quick and everyone was trying to come . If he didn’t make it there , he may have heard something from the NC visit
My understandingis that everyone in her family and her mom's co-worker(s) at the hair salon knew
during SW's 5 wk stay that SW wanted a separation.

I wonder if CW's family new about the separation. CW's
mom blamed SW for taking her son away to CO. The mom would most likely welcome CW coming back home to NC.

I think SW's friends re-located to CO first and said that good jobs were easier to get.

Just thinking:
Didn't CW state, he went downstairs, and on returning to the Master bedroom, on the monitor, he saw one blue child, and SW strangling the other.:(
If this happened (I doubt it), wouldn't this take sometime?
Did CW explain, why he went downstairs? (I can't remember, if a reason was given).

Just thinking:
Didn't CW state, he went downstairs, and on returning to the Master bedroom, on the monitor, he saw one blue child, and SW strangling the other.:(
If this happened (I doubt it), wouldn't this take sometime?
Did CW explain, why he went downstairs? (I can't remember, if a reason was given).
Yes. I can't imagine why he went downstairs. There were plenty of bathrooms upstairs if he wanted to drink water.

I still don't understand how he thought he could make her and the girls just disappear. What about her business and team? Her family? The car? Whatever he did, the affair would almost certainly come out.

I think a (fake) kidnapping makes more sense.

To reply to your post:
Perhaps, he thought of a 'fake' kidnapping idea, but didn't want to be the one to suggest/explain this.
All SW's things, remained in the house, as did car seats and her car.
Maybe later, this theory would be considered by LE and the public, to explain all items present in the house.
Then others would not suspect him.
His statements about 'play date' etc could still be believed (because SW told him and he had texted her o_Oo_O ), but SW and kids were kidnapped, before they left for this arrangement.o_O
Could this have been his plan?

But then LE found SW, and CW had no use of his previous false accounts: so now CW has different lies, with possibly more to follow.

Last edited:
He probably killed the kids prior and then watched her discover their bodies off the baby monitor. Idk

I think that it's possible that he waited until she was trying to resuscitate them, thinking that her DNA would be all over their faces, necks, chests, and then strangled her. Although, if she did see them and screamed very loudly that could have alerted the neighbors. So either the neighbors didn't hear her, she didn't react with a scream, or he was upon her before she could make any loud noise. I'm disgusted by having to write this out.

CW said “he walked downstairs for a moment, and then returned to his bedroom to speak with Shanann again. While in the bedroom via baby monitor located on Shanann’s night stand he observed Bella “sprawled” out on her bed and “blue” and Shanann actively strangling Celeste. Chris said he went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death.”

Why when he saw Bella sprawled out and looking blue why didn’t he drop everything and run into that bedroom to see what was the matter with her? Did the girls sleep in the same bed? Wouldn’t he have heard ghastly sounds when he came walking up the stairs? Does he expect LE to believe Shanann was silent when she was strangling her child? At the very least wouldn’t she be crying? There was one monitor on her night stand. Was it capable of showing activities from 2 bedrooms? An A/B switch or something? Was the camera able to scan an entire room at the same time? Or did it rotate around the room? When he first entered their master bedroom, wouldn’t he have noticed Shanann wasn’t in there? If he wanted to talk to her and she wasn’t there wouldn’t he go looking for her? Why would he walk over to the baby monitor to check for her?

To reply to your post:
Perhaps, he thought of a 'fake' kidnapping idea, but didn't want to be the one to suggest/explain this.
All SW's things, remained in the house, as did car seats and her car.
Maybe later, this theory would be considered by LE and the public, to explain all items present in the house.
Then others would not suspect him.
His statements about 'play date' etc could still be believed (because SW told him and he had texted her o_Oo_O ), but SW and kids were kidnapped, before they left for this arrangement.o_O
Could this have been his plan?
This sounds very reasonable. More so than a "they disappeared" scenario. Thanks.

I’m wondering if the $61,000 represented 12 months worked . Oil fields are quite common to lay people off and there was some major ones in That area at this time
Anadarko cuts 1,000 jobs as oil bust gets more intense
I am not saying he was or not laid off but we are basing income from bankruptcy news. IMO sometimes layoffs are a tipping scale for bankruptcy
According to the article, he was making the higher amount working as a mechanic for a local dealership.
I’m wondering if the $61,000 represented 12 months worked . Oil fields are quite common to lay people off and there was some major ones in That area at this time
Anadarko cuts 1,000 jobs as oil bust gets more intense
I am not saying he was or not laid off but we are basing income from bankruptcy news. IMO sometimes layoffs are a tipping scale for bankruptcy
According to an article, he first went to Colorado as a mechanic for an auto dealership making $141,000. Then in 2014 he went to work for Anadarko for about $61,000 and continued to work there until the day he was arrested and then they fired him. That is an $80,000 decrease in salary which may very well been what forced the bankruptcy. Very often often surrounding industries also suffer when oil/gas customers start declining. It is possible that the dealership that he worked for serviced alot of Anadarko vehicles, and when they took them off the road, that may have resulted in a huge loss of business for the dealership which resulted in the dealership laying him off. Many use the 2014 bankruptcy to indicate that they were still struggling. 2014 -2016 were really tough in terms the price of crude. If he took the job as entry level, it is possible that in 2018, with crude being higher, his salary may also have been higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee