CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? LE can distinguish the time of death from hairs? We are postulating the times were something like minutes to hours apart. That sounds like some TV CSI stuff to me, not reality

Agree, differentiating the time of death between the two if it was just a few hours is not possible in my opinion. The data in the journals that I have read it is talking about weeks and months as to differentiate

Last edited:
I think he lacked brain required in planning.
My thoughts exactly -- from the very beginning. His engine-mechanics teacher (I'm not sure what to call that subject, so forgive, please) may have been very impressed with him, etc., etc., but this man hasn't shown me any practical day-to-day intelligence or drive. I don't think he is very bright, but it could also be a matter of his being too lazy to do it right the first time.

Lazy people pizz me off. I can see Shanann doing a lot of the work at home -- she had lots of drive and energy. It could be that his parents didn't give him many chores to do at home, etc. Regardless, he got caught this time, and LE put his name on the board and are making him stand in the corner. If he does get a prison sentence, he damm well will have to complete his floor-mopping and bathroom cleaning assignments on time. Let's hope it will be thus.

My thoughts exactly -- from the very beginning. His engine-mechanics teacher (I'm not sure what to call that subject, so forgive, please) may have been very impressed with him, etc., etc., but this man hasn't shown me any practical day-to-day intelligence or drive. I don't think he is very bright, but it could also be a matter of his being too lazy to do it right the first time.

Lazy people pizz me off. I can see Shanann doing a lot of the work at home -- she had lots of drive and energy. It could be that his parents didn't give him many chores to do at home, etc. Regardless, he got caught this time, and LE put his name on the board and are making him stand in the corner. If he does get a prison sentence, he damm well will have to complete his floor-mopping and bathroom cleaning assignments on time. Let's hope it will be thus.

Not only lazy, I think he was sloppy because he thought he wouldn’t be suspected. He thought he was cleverer than he was, and that he was cleverer than everyone else. JMO of course.

Last paragraph in this article states he confessed to loading their bodies into his truck and dumping them at a work site near Hudson, Co.

The arrest affidavit states he told officers on Monday afternoon that he left the house at 5:27 a.m. to check on a work site near Hudson.

This is really bringing back memories of Scott Peterson in that his alibi is the same place where he dumped the bodies.

Colorado murder suspect claims pregnant wife strangled 2 young daughters

Here is the specific paragraph:

"During an interview with police two days later, Christopher Watts asked to speak to his father, saying he would tell the truth after doing so. At that point he claimed that his wife had strangled his children and he, in turn, strangled her before loading their bodies into the back seat of his truck and dumping them at the work site northeast of Hudson."
Wouldn't that talk with his father have been taped/recorded?

I think the discussion is based on the theory that he was planning to come back and hide SW better- perhaps he didn't have time to get her into the tank, etc.

I don't agree with that theory either. The tank was already open, it was certainly less time consuming to put her in there than to dig a human size grave, even a shallow one.

There has to be another explanation.

Yes, the text under that headline/heading. The bolded part near the bottom
Still not seeing “barred forever” language. Another member said they would be interested in current research on meds and violence. I respect him as a scientist. Is that ok?

Wouldn't that talk with his father have been taped/recorded?
Possibly, but this statement I put in quotes was published in the "Coloradoan" and pertains to what CW told LE.

I don't agree with that theory either. The tank was already open, it was certainly less time consuming to put her in there than to dig a human size grave, even a shallow one.

There has to be another explanation.

I think the sheet was left as a mistake, one of many mistakes he made...like leaving her purse on the kitchen island and the pillow case in the garbage.

jmo

He couldn’t get rid of her car. He knew there was a camera across the street, and they had a doorbell camera. During one of his interviews he suggested she may have left out the back door where there were no cameras. Someone could have driven around back to pick her up. The stuff of hers that remained in the house would be easy to clean up. He just needed to dispose of her wallet and ID. An empty purse could go wherever she kept her purses. The suitcase, shoes, and clothes could be put away. No one would know her clothes or purses well enough to know what she may or may not have taken with her.

Ahhh, that begs the question of what was she wearing when she was found. The clothes she came home in, her pajamas, or nude?

Just want to vent. I belong to a couple of “groups” and notice increasing negative rhetoric about SW.
I am not so naive to think that it’s impossible for a wife to kill her children out of rage at their philandering husband who now wants a separation.
But in this case, for this woman to kill her children while being pregnant, would essentially mean, she would never have a relationship with that baby as well.
I just cannot see that much rage overtaking her to kill not just one child but two. Whether by suffocation or strangling which is what CW claims.
She does not appear suicidal to me at all either.
If she was that ferociously enraged, why not attack him ?
My point is that I suspect I am witnessing the beginnings of a CW fan club. Reminds me of the JA case.
Yes, everyone deserves a fair trial....but common sense should not be thrown out the window.

Chris Watts' daughters' bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days (just a link that mentions this DNA info)

I'm still very perplexed as the why the defense would ask for DNA from the girls' necks. How on earth would this help CW's defense? I'm of the very strong opinion that he killed all of them. Wouldn't this DNA only confirm CW strangled them? I see no upside for the defense in this request.

Is it possible for a defense team to ask for something that they know they won't be able to get (no usable DNA after being in the oil) merely to cast a "reasonable doubt"?

I think the reason is that the Defense has to rule out SW strangled the girls so that they can make a decision about defense strategy. I think CW really does believe he saw the image of SW strangling the girls. We don't know what, if any medications he was on. If he was on medication, his Defense might decide on some type of an insanity plea.
Would you use him as an expert? Whoever chose him just gave the Prosecution a huge gift. The prosecutor will demolish him . .

I'm pretty sure the Public Defender knows his reputation and can handle it in court. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper