CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pregnancy is so troubling to me , I don’t even think CW mentioned the baby once in his interview before his arrest . My niece is due in December . Just looking at her belly I see life. She is so nurturing and protective all ready . It breaks my heart C.W. seemed so detached .

A couple of thoughts this morning...

As anyone heard about how CW was acting at work before he realized NU was at the house trying to find SW? I wonder if he was uncharacteristically happy (because a huge weight was lifted and he was free) or super down/depressed (due to losing his family only hours earlier). That's going to be really interesting to me.

Also, I had read that SW and her girls would be cremated, but I swear I saw a link with the caption that they were "laid to rest" with a picture of graves with flowers, etc. I'll see if I can locate it, but someone had posted it here on the threads Saturday afternoon. So do we know for sure if they were cremated?

Just wondering because someone - I think @thesaint mentioned the cost. If they were buried, the cost would have easily reached over 50K, due to all the typical prep, transportation from CO to NC and burial plots.
I think many strict Catholics don't believe in cremation
(although other Catholic families might do it but I believe the ashes are buried not scattered).
Sometimes there is a lag time for to release
donated money (plus they take a cut of the money).
It could be that SW's family had to come up with quick money outside of in order to pay the funeral home.

Flowers (wreaths and sprays) would be taken to the gravesites.

But SW's family did ask that in lieu of flowers, donations could be made to a Lupus Charity, St. Jude's, and the Denver Missing Persons program.

the scary part to me is that it seems that all that lovey-dovey stuff with his wife and children was a man going through the motions of being the loving husband and father, while underneath, seething, scheming and planning their execution. it was all an act. Was it always an act? it gives one pause to consider that one never knows the heart of another person--- thank goodness most people don't lead double lives. Were there signs that Shannan ignored about who her husband really was, that she never shared with anybody? who knows.
This cuts to question that scares everyone about this case --- how do you know if you are married/dating someone who could murder you someday?

It’s hard to just follow and not post any thing constructive, but soon my wife, a physician (ob/gyn) will be verified, and able accurately answer some medical questions, and correct some inaccuracies regarding some medical issues that have been raised. We are locals in Colorado and have refrained from posting and correcting some things that have been posted until verified. I can say that someone upthread suggested that George Brauchler was the Jefferson county DA and is running for Governor, both of those statements are inaccurate. He is running for attorney general and was the elected da of several counties but not Jeffco ( not that it really matters). There are a few things that have been posted regarding medical issues that will be addresed soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

It’s hard to just follow and not post any thing constructive, but soon my wife, a physician (ob/gyn) will be verified, and able accurately answer some medical questions, and correct some inaccuracies regarding some medical issues that have been raised. We are locals in Colorado and have refrained from posting and correcting some things that have been posted until verified. I can say that someone upthread suggested that George Brauchler was the Jefferson county DA and is running for Governor, both of those statements are inaccurate. He is running for attorney general and was the elected da of several counties but not Jeffco ( not that it really matters). There are a few things that have been posted regarding medical issues that will be addresed soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

Isn't this a Weld County case anyway?

I look forward to that. Thank You for being here and your wife for becoming verified :)
It's great having locals and experts on threads with us.

The pregnancy is so troubling to me , I don’t even think CW mentioned the baby once in his interview before his arrest . My niece is due in December . Just looking at her belly I see life. She is so nurturing and protective all ready . It breaks my heart C.W. seemed so detached .

He didn't want to look like he cared too much about SW because (God forbid) AP sees the interview and finds out he gave a crap about his wife. I'm sure he also didn't want AP to find out about the pregnancy either. That's why CW demeanor completely changed when the reporter mentioned SW was expecting.

[/QUOTE]@Coolmomof4 said:

As anyone heard about how CW was acting at work before he realized NU was at the house trying to find SW? I wonder if he was uncharacteristically happy (because a huge weight was lifted and he was free) or super down/depressed (due to losing his family only hours earlier). That's going to be really interesting to me.[/QUOTE]
[RSBM]

I believe that CW spent much of his time Monday driving or on the road, and returned to his house shortly after noon. I was waiting for co-worker to comment but no word thus far.

I think SW was being covertly abused. I've thought this from the start of this case. For one, he was having an affair, or affairs.

I also think the way he pursued her (from SW's video) was a red flag. In her video, she talks about being very ill when he started to pursue her, and she kept putting up roadblocks, but he kept coming back. JMO, he wasn't respecting her boundaries.

More will likely come out. JMO

Yes lots of red flags, I’m especially troubled by the last post she made with the doll covered over like a corpse...
Although she made a “joke” about her girls doing it, I think she posted that knowing he left it there as a sick threat, the abuse had escalated imo.

He didn't want to look like he cared too much about SW because (God forbid) AP sees the interview and finds out he gave a crap about his wife. I'm sure he also didn't want AP to find out about the pregnancy either. That's why CW demeanor completely changed when the reporter mentioned SW was expecting.

Excellent point. The AP is also the reason SP was trying to hide in the background. Of course, SP had Laci's and his family to talk to the media, but CW didn't have that luxury.

I don't know why it matters if they were cremated or buried.
It doesn't. I asked based on another poster commenting about the money the family raised through the fundraiser and that a funeral with cremation wouldn't use up that money. It keeps being brought back up for some reason.

As anyone heard about how CW was acting at work before he realized NU was at the house trying to find SW? I wonder if he was uncharacteristically happy (because a huge weight was lifted and he was free) or super down/depressed (due to losing his family only hours earlier). That's going to be really interesting to me. RSBM

I believe that CW spent much of his time Monday driving or on the road, and returned to his house shortly after noon. I was waiting for co-worker to comment but no word thus far. MOO

I can't see how CW could have planned to murder his children, I just can't imagine It! I don't know him personally so can only go by what information is publicly available but he seems to have been living under a lot of stress, affairs, lying, debt, sexual confusion, less successful than spouse, being part of a sales pitch, keeping up appearances, young children, new pregnancy, marital bad patch, he also seems to see himself as 'calm' and was proudly saying Celeste was more like him, calm! I think he seems like he would hold resentment and stew on his feelings in the interests of staying calm until the day it all blows up probably after a minor argument or emotional conversation. I think had he planned it he would have prioritised his own get out of jail free card first

This cuts to question that scares everyone about this case --- how do you know if you are married/dating someone who could murder you someday?
I suppose you can never fully know what someone is capable of, but there would have almost certainly been concerning signs of something being “off.”

That’s why dating is so important before marriage, as you get to see your partner in many different contexts.

It’s important to trust your instincts, and not brush your concerns aside. Your brain tells you when something isn’t quite right, and far too many people don’t listen, and react accordingly.

I am of course speaking in a general sense, and not passing judgement on Shanann. There is so much we don’t know about CW and their relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966