CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see how CW could have planned to murder his children, I just can't imagine It! I don't know him personally so can only go by what information is publicly available but he seems to have been living under a lot of stress, affairs, lying, debt, sexual confusion, less successful than spouse, being part of a sales pitch, keeping up appearances, young children, new pregnancy, marital bad patch, he also seems to see himself as 'calm' and was proudly saying Celeste was more like him, calm! I think he seems like he would hold resentment and stew on his feelings in the interests of staying calm until the day it all blows up probably after a minor argument or emotional conversation. I think had he planned it he would have prioritised his own get out of jail free card first
I think he planned it and N****** ruined his plans JMO.
I feel he went to work as normal for his alibi and once off work he would put the rest of his plan in motion, ditching vehicle belongings and so on and then he would report them missing. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I think SW was being covertly abused. I've thought this from the start of this case. For one, he was having an affair, or affairs.

I also think the way he pursued her (from SW's video) was a red flag. In her video, she talks about being very ill when he started to pursue her, and she kept putting up roadblocks, but he kept coming back. JMO, he wasn't respecting her boundaries.

More will likely come out. JMO
From afar, CW was textbook: the love bombing, pursuing SW when she was at her weakest, all to paint himself as the caring, good guy that he WAS NOT. And unfortunately, with every doubt SW may have had, she always went back to the original encounter, the courtship, to convince herself she must be wrong. MOO

I feel he went to work as normal for his alibi and once off work he would put the rest of his plan in motion, ditching vehicle belongings and so on and then he would report them missing. MOO
I’m undecided on if he planned it beforehand or not. I think it’s likely that he thought about it at some point, but taking the bodies to work, seems reactionary to me.

I’m leaning towards this crime being committed in the heat of passion. My personal opinion is that he is a sociopath, and this served him well in terms of thinking fairly clearly in regard to getting rid of the bodies quickly. I also think that he planned to dump the car, Shanann’s belongings, and otherwise make it appear that she left on her own volition.

Thank God that Shanann’s friend screwed up his ability to cover his tracks.

I’m undecided on if he planned it beforehand or not. I think it’s likely that he thought about it at some point, but taking the bodies to work, seems reactionary to me.

I’m leaning towards this crime being committed in the heat of passion. My personal opinion is that he is a sociopath, and this served him well in terms of thinking fairly clearly in regard to getting rid of the bodies quickly. I also think that he planned to dump the car, Shanann’s belongings, and otherwise make it appear that she left on her own volition.

Thank God that Shanann’s friend screwed up his ability to cover his tracks.
On a previous thread we had someone familiar with the oil tanks, it was their opinion he had to of pre removed the bolts from the lids of the oil tanks as it would take some time to remove. Of course this was just their educated opinion and helped move me towards being preplanned.
I think regardless of what comes out we will never know the 100% truth.

I suppose you can never fully know what someone is capable of, but there would have almost certainly been concerning signs of something being “off.”

That’s why dating is so important before marriage, as you get to see your partner in many different contexts.

It’s important to trust your instincts, and not brush your concerns aside. Your brain tells you when something isn’t quite right, and far too many people don’t listen, and react accordingly.

I am of course speaking in a general sense, and not passing judgement on Shanann. There is so much we don’t know about CW and their relationship.

I agree with what you've said. I would add a couple of things, One would be to go through some form of pre-marital counseling, either religious or professional.

Don't make excuses for a lie. Lies tend to be like rats. Where there is one, there may well be 50.

I think he had that exact plan too but made it after he had killed them and went to work so as not to draw attention or suspicion, probably thinking he'd have at least a couple of days before getting the police involved to sort it all out. Although I can imagine (not understand or sympathise) the 'snap' I can't see how he wasn't overcome with guilt and remorse and either took his own life or handed himself in straight away. JMO

I think he had that exact plan too but made it after he had killed them and went to work so as not to draw attention or suspicion, probably thinking he'd have at least a couple of days before getting the police involved to sort it all out. Although I can imagine (not understand or sympathise) the 'snap' I can't see how he wasn't overcome with guilt and remorse and either took his own life or handed himself in straight away. JMO
Exactly or at least show some serious emotion while doing the interview. Literally no emotion but giggling knowing you just killed your entire family 'sigh'. He was pretty dang relaxed, pretty sure my brain wouldn't even be able to function JMO

From afar, CW was textbook: the love bombing, pursuing SW when she was at her weakest, all to paint himself as the caring, good guy that he WAS NOT. And unfortunately, with every doubt SW may have had, she always went back to the original encounter, the courtship, to convince herself she must be wrong. MOO

I so agree. It's so sad because the courtship was never what she thought it was, and he was never who she thought he was. JMO.

I agree with you. He definitely thought he had more time, and went to work because it would have been highly suspicious otherwise.

He may have “snapped” and murdered his wife in a fit of rage, but that doesn’t really explain murdering the kids.

It takes a person without empathy to do something like this, and his outward calmness after the fact, is incredibly concerning.
If he did “snap” it was in my opinion, a combination of rage and a deep seated psychological issue, like sociopathy.

I agree with you. He definitely thought he had more time, and went to work because it would have been highly suspicious otherwise.

He may have “snapped” and murdered his wife in a fit of rage, but that doesn’t really explain murdering the kids.

It takes a person without empathy to do something like this, and his outward calmness after the fact, is incredibly concerning.
If he did “snap” it was in my opinion, a combination of rage and a deep seated psychological issue, like sociopathy.

This is the part I'm struggling to comprehend, why kill the children!

There is a phenomenon that I don't see discussed much, I don't even know if it has a clinical name....the extroverted, confident, people-loving person marries the staid, reserved, supposedly rock solid introvert. The staid person (sometimes) starts to undermine the more outgoing partner, deep-seated, burning jealousy at the partner's apparent ease with.....people.

The phenomenon as such is called "selective mating". One person is bubbly, outgoing, social, maybe a little bit emotional, and the other one, introverted. The extravert has friends, but has usually been through bad relationships as well; he or she might appreciate the fact that the other side is predictable, at home on time, brings the money into the house and is reliable. The introvert gets one thing he or she desires most, friends. But usually it is the outgoing person who is the first one to get tired of predictability and shallow emotions.

I had wondered about the witness list that has been released . I had asked before so I am sorry , but I don’t think I had a legal answer . The names on the witness list . We are all focused that C.W. dad is not on there . But SW family is . I don’t believe her brother had made it to Colorado yet according to a fundraising page . So my question is what would make him a witness ? Did she divulge something in NC to him .? He seemed worried about not being able to protect her in Colorado and SW had shared the babies gender and name with him . Would his name on that list imply he knew something relevent. ?

On a previous thread we had someone familiar with the oil tanks, it was their opinion he had to of pre removed the bolts from the lids of the oil tanks as it would take some time to remove. Of course this was just their educated opinion and helped move me towards being preplanned.
I think regardless of what comes out we will never know the 100% truth.

IIRC, someone else refuted that theory by saying that most of the operators have battery powered impact wrenches that could remove and replace the bolts in minutes. Will we ever know what he really did?

What I would like to see is an actual picture of these tanks with a manway. Was the manway on the very top of the tank OR was it on the uppermost part of the side of the tank?

I would like to preface this post with an assurance that I am not victim blaming, just trying to wrap my head around this tragedy.

I have been following all the threads and have basically spent all free time catching for a few weeks.

I do not believe CW’s version of events, although I wanted to. I wanted to because I can’t understand how anyone could take the life of a child and then do the same to their mother.

It only made sense to me if there was a Medea type event. Medea was a Greek tragedy by Euripides ( circa 431 by)about a scorned woman who murdered her children out of spite in order to punish her husband Jason.

I grasped at reasons in order to understand the why.

I have concluded at this point that this has to be a crime of passion in some way. Only because I can’t believe that he planned this in advance. That pure evil can exist. I know it does, but don’t want to believe it.

I wondered if the patches could be to blame. I wondered if hormonal changes could be a contributing factor. I wondered if steroids, supplements, recreational drugs, anything, something, could be a reason. Maybe gay shame? Fear of being outed? I just hope we know the why someday.

Sorry for the rant, I’m just struggling to understand...

Thanks for posting that. This may have been answered already, but the date for the killings of the children includes 8/12 and 8/13 because LE doesn't know exactly when the children were killed. They aren't saying the kids were killed before SW got home, but they could have been. SW was seen on 8/13, at 1:48am when she returned from her trip. But the kids were last seen on 8/12, and so it is possible they could have been killed that day.

I did find it interesting that the neighbor used the term "inclination" in the very same way that CW used it in his interview. "'Had we had any inclination that we thought he was involved at all, no way would I have let him in my house with my wife and kid,' Nick Thayer told 9News Thursday, ..."

Edited typo

On the friend's use of the word "inclination", he had just spent many hours with CW and that seems to be one of CW's favorite words. That word probably got implanted in his brain!

IIRC, someone else refuted that theory by saying that most of the operators have battery powered impact wrenches that could remove and replace the bolts in minutes. Will we ever know what he really did?

What I would like to see is an actual picture of these tanks with a manway. Was the manway on the very top of the tank OR was it on the uppermost part of the side of the tank?
There's a picture out there I had seen posted. He already admitted that he put them there however he definitely won't admit to removing anything previously because then it would show his guilt in all 3 murders. Your right we probably won't know unless there's surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!