CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each morning, I check here, hoping someone may suggest something, ? more evidence produced, LE announcements, anything that may help me understand.
As I sleep, as many of you type, I have loads to catch up on.
I quickly check the last posts, in case there is a 'finding' of sorts, and being disappointed, return to the beginning, to note words of wisdom, that may be produced.

How can a person do this to his family?: he has admitted a great deal, we have proof (although with his daughters still not clear to the public).
His charade is unbelievable, after his horrific actions.

Surely there will be a time, when he 'breaks', and we know 'why', or will this drag on for years?
Is he like so many others, 'hard as nails', and will not reveal 'why'?
At least, there is an admission, of some of his actions: we have that.
Will he ever provide these answers?
Perhaps experts in the Medical Profession, other evidence, conversations etc may soon be revealed, or do we wait for ? trial?

Hope he spills the beans, in Prison.

Last edited:
I sort of love the fact that it sounds pretty miserable for CW in jail right now. Lights on, all the time. Constant checks, no commissary items, no books, no tv. Jail food is nasty too. Lice is rampant, I bet his beard goes pretty fast, as soon as he is allowed to shave, otherwise he will have critters in there. That is why it is very rare to see inmates with facial hair, and most shave their heads.

I agree that Medea’s position was far different, I was just pointing out that stories of parents killing children to punish others are as old as civilization. Trying to understand the madness....
I do believe there is an element of mental illness or side- effect of drugs that played a significant part in this tragedy. I think it very possible he awakened when SW came home, glanced over at baby monitor which has a blue glow at night and hallucinated that he saw SW strangling the children when, in reality, she was probably giving them a sweet kiss and rearranging their covers up to their chins. JMO

More from AB
1. AB demonstrates same baby monitor as Watts have.
2. Is it possible that CWcould have seen what he said he did?
3. Monitor may prove exactly what you can and cannot see.
4. Monitor is about the size of iphone7, you need to be really close to see anything.
5. You can’t tell what color face is with or without lights on.
6. Jury is going to be asked to apply common sense.
7. CW could have heard what was going on in room, yet made no mention of sounds.

Attachments

• 55814972-5729-426A-B780-E136EF258655.jpeg
    55814972-5729-426A-B780-E136EF258655.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 78
  • C19DBD10-DDAD-4166-ADF1-C2DBA3E10580.jpeg
    C19DBD10-DDAD-4166-ADF1-C2DBA3E10580.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 69
Thank you! One question that I have, you may be able to answer. My sister visited Telluride and said she was out of breath just walking down the street due to the high elevation. Shanann and Chris would have to adjust to CO's elevation coming from NC. But in the case of their children who born CO and other CO natives, are you born automatically adjusted to the high elevation? I wondered whether the girls' asthma was aggravated/caused by the high elevation.

It only takes a few days to acclimate to the elevation. The thin atmosphere and corresponding lack of oxygen might affect asthma, but on the other hand, the dry climate and low humidity would be beneficial.

And elevation of Frederick is just less than 5,000 feet, while Telluride sits at 8,750, so Frederick is not nearly as bad.

As a side note, I have a theory about the lack of oxygen at high elevations causing mental illness. But 5,000 feet elevation is not as bad as the people I see near the Cripple Creek, Colorado area, where the elevation is twice that.

More from AB
1. CW had a lot of secrets and they were catching up with him. Explains recent unloving behavior toward family.
2. Male AP from last week did meet with LE.
3. CW is now under suicide watch, close Watch protocol.
4. In cell 23 hours a day. On suicide watch 24 hours per day because someone saw something and reported it.
5. Bare minimum in his cell.
6. Every 5-10 minutes someone has eyes on him.
7. Once a day complete cell inspection.
8. Several times a day they make physical contact with him to make sure he’s still alive.
9. No tv, no reading material
10. There is a shared newspaper that he has access to 1 hour per day when he is let out of his cell.
11. One hour a day he’s allowed into the “hour out room.” In the hour out room he gets a table, chair, shower, and a phone.
12. Allowed zero commissary, nothing from prison store.
And that is far more than he even deserves, IMHO!! Lockdown! He wanted to be free, and is getting just the opposite.

From AB
Here’s what CW’s cell looks like, this is not his cell, but they’re all basically the same. He is not allowed any personal items because he is on suicide watch.

Attachments

• F57D4A2A-E74A-470B-8225-D35C5445CA35.jpeg
    F57D4A2A-E74A-470B-8225-D35C5445CA35.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 162
More from AB
1. CW had a lot of secrets and they were catching up with him. Explains recent unloving behavior toward family.
4. In cell 23 hours a day. On suicide watch 24 hours per day because someone saw something and reported it.
8. Several times a day they make physical contact with him to make sure he’s still alive.
10. There is a shared newspaper that he has access to 1 hour per day when he is let out of his cell.
11. One hour a day he’s allowed into the “hour out room.” In the hour out room he gets a table, chair, shower, and a phone.

I am going to pick #1 and that his secrets were starting to catch up with him. It may have been just a matter of time before SW discovered exactly who she had really married and then everyone else would find out, too.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the secrets ties into finances. I.e. gambling, prostitutes, being blackmailed, etc. etc. JMO

More from AB

I think he will kill himself.

It only takes a few days to acclimate to the elevation. The thin atmosphere and corresponding lack of oxygen might affect asthma, but on the other hand, the dry climate and low humidity would be beneficial.

And elevation of Frederick is just less than 5,000 feet, while Telluride sits at 8,750, so Frederick is not nearly as bad.

As a side note, I have a theory about the lack of oxygen at high elevations causing mental illness. But 5,000 feet elevation is not as bad as the people I see near the Cripple Creek, Colorado area, where the elevation is twice that.
i think if the gestation of the babies took place at the same altitude as their birth they would already be used to the somewhat reduced oxygen in the mother's blood. 5000 feet is not much, as you mention.

Me too. If he wanted to live a different lifestyle, he could have just said that she ran off and left him and the children. He could have given them to his parents or his sister if he did not want to parent them alone.

He may have thought no one , who knew SW, would believe she ran off and left her little girls behind. I'd have a hard time believing that. I know some mothers do that, but she doesnt seem like she would.

By any chance, did AB say when SW discovered the affair?

I do not know, but I did read that CW had been out & about with AP, and co-workers were also well aware of the affair. My hypothesis is that someone told SW or texted her a picture or something. She knew. That’s why she told NU she was going to be needing a friend as they headed back from AZ. She was going home to face it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member