CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding his initial outburst, specifically against CW, SW's brother FR made a couple of public pleas on his FB asking others to show love, respect and compassion for CW's family, as they were also grieving. In seeing SW's family's grief, especially by SW's Dad, I don't see that this Father and Grandfather would have denied the paternal Grandparent's a seat at the funeral services. I think what's more telling is the radio silence from CW's family -- no statement whatsoever, which would not be under the control of SW family. I believe CW family doing their very best to control their privacy, and probably worried about their security as well. MOO
AFAIK, we know next to nothing about CW's growing-up years. I hope some of this comes up at trial, since it might help us understand what drove this man to allegedly do those awful acts with which he has been charged.

It could help her survivors know a bit more about the situation that existed before things went so downhill that the situation occurred. It also might help his family in dealing with the tragedy, too. I would think both families cannot do much but wonder, "Why, why, why?" It might help other folks to be aware of how things can go so wrong and to work on relationships before they may get out of control.
It would be good for something positive to come out of this horror, if that is even possible. JMO

I would like to preface this post with an assurance that I am not victim blaming, just trying to wrap my head around this tragedy.

I have been following all the threads and have basically spent all free time catching for a few weeks.

I do not believe CW’s version of events, although I wanted to. I wanted to because I can’t understand how anyone could take the life of a child and then do the same to their mother.

It only made sense to me if there was a Medea type event. Medea was a Greek tragedy by Euripides ( circa 431 by)about a scorned woman who murdered her children out of spite in order to punish her husband Jason.

I grasped at reasons in order to understand the why.

I have concluded at this point that this has to be a crime of passion in some way. Only because I can’t believe that he planned this in advance. That pure evil can exist. I know it does, but don’t want to believe it.

I wondered if the patches could be to blame. I wondered if hormonal changes could be a contributing factor. I wondered if steroids, supplements, recreational drugs, anything, something, could be a reason. Maybe gay shame? Fear of being outed? I just hope we know the why someday.

Sorry for the rant, I’m just struggling to understand...
I think we are all struggling. We aren't psychopaths so our brains can't understand it. Hopefully if there is a trial something's will be answered.

I’m undecided on if he planned it beforehand or not. I think it’s likely that he thought about it at some point, but taking the bodies to work, seems reactionary to me.

I’m leaning towards this crime being committed in the heat of passion. My personal opinion is that he is a sociopath, and this served him well in terms of thinking fairly clearly in regard to getting rid of the bodies quickly. I also think that he planned to dump the car, Shanann’s belongings, and otherwise make it appear that she left on her own volition.

Thank God that Shanann’s friend screwed up his ability to cover his tracks.
I, too, think CW fantasized about killing SW many times but the reality turned out to be far messier than what he had imagined. The kids were collateral damage. SW had to go in order for him to be free.

More from AB
1. CW had a lot of secrets and they were catching up with him. Explains recent unloving behavior toward family.
2. Male AP from last week did meet with LE.
3. CW is now under suicide watch, close Watch protocol.
4. In cell 23 hours a day. On suicide watch 24 hours per day because someone saw something and reported it.
5. Bare minimum in his cell.
6. Every 5-10 minutes someone has eyes on him.
7. Once a day complete cell inspection.
8. Several times a day they make physical contact with him to make sure he’s still alive.
9. No tv, no reading material
10. There is a shared newspaper that he has access to 1 hour per day when he is let out of his cell.
11. One hour a day he’s allowed into the “hour out room.” In the hour out room he gets a table, chair, shower, and a phone.
12. Allowed zero commissary, nothing from prison store.

It was done but I didn't see any bit marks. Maybe a scratch on the neck and on his lip. Hard to really tell though.
I definitely noted a scratch on his neck in the interview that made me know was guilty of something. I don’t remember which on it was, but was a local station. The camera did closeups of his neck. I watched it live and knew he was lying.

I would like to preface this post with an assurance that I am not victim blaming, just trying to wrap my head around this tragedy.

I have been following all the threads and have basically spent all free time catching for a few weeks.

I do not believe CW’s version of events, although I wanted to. I wanted to because I can’t understand how anyone could take the life of a child and then do the same to their mother.

It only made sense to me if there was a Medea type event. Medea was a Greek tragedy by Euripides ( circa 431 by)about a scorned woman who murdered her children out of spite in order to punish her husband Jason.

I have concluded at this point that this has to be a crime of passion in some way. Only because I can’t believe that he planned this in advance. That pure evil can exist. I know it does, but don’t want to believe it.

I wondered if the patches could be to blame. I wondered if hormonal changes could be a contributing factor. I wondered if steroids, supplements, recreational drugs, anything, something, could be a reason. Maybe gay shame? Fear of being outed? I just hope we know the why someday.

That we may never know. But one thing is, two kids in a short period of time is a lot of stress on both parents. SW wanted kids; in fact, with her lupus, she was not sure she'd have any and once it became obvious she could, she planned to have a big family.

A house with two kids might be a much bigger stressor on a man who was very quiet and reserved. To add to it, a double-income family, meaning both parents could be tired and both parents could have been stressed out.

(Not mentioned in this case but often happening in women with lupus) - occasionally, in case of lupus-anticoagulant, to carry pregnancy to term, daily shots of heparin-like substance are necessary. These shots are usually administered by the woman herself; she goes through a lot of work to have her babies, way more than usual.

Not for a second do I believe that the kids were harmed by the mother. Because if you see someone smothering your child, introverted or extraverted - your most natural instinct would be either to push the person away, or run out and yell for help. Imagine yourself in this situation.

Medea's situation was very different. First, Medea was a criminal - she killed her brother to help Jason and Argonauts. Then, back home she was a princess, while in Greece, she was no one, a foreighner, and now the man for whom she sacrificed so much was planning to marry a princess. Also, she foresaw that her children would be slaves of that new woman or her kids. For her, the situation was unbelievable humiliation, and she planned to deprive Jason of everyone he loved, the potential kingdom, and his posterity. She did not kill him; mourning the losses was meant to be his punishment. And also, she was a "royalty" and if you think of them in terms of Henry the VIII it would be more understandable.

It’s hard to just follow and not post any thing constructive, but soon my wife, a physician (ob/gyn) will be verified, and able accurately answer some medical questions, and correct some inaccuracies regarding some medical issues that have been raised. We are locals in Colorado and have refrained from posting and correcting some things that have been posted until verified. I can say that someone upthread suggested that George Brauchler was the Jefferson county DA and is running for Governor, both of those statements are inaccurate. He is running for attorney general and was the elected da of several counties but not Jeffco ( not that it really matters). There are a few things that have been posted regarding medical issues that will be addresed soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you! One question that I have, you may be able to answer. My sister visited Telluride and said she was out of breath just walking down the street due to the high elevation. Shanann and Chris would have to adjust to CO's elevation coming from NC. But in the case of their children who born CO and other CO natives, are you born automatically adjusted to the high elevation? I wondered whether the girls' asthma was aggravated/caused by the high elevation.

On a previous thread we had someone familiar with the oil tanks, it was their opinion he had to of pre removed the bolts from the lids of the oil tanks as it would take some time to remove. Of course this was just their educated opinion and helped move me towards being preplanned.
I think regardless of what comes out we will never know the 100% truth.

I have no idea why someone would think that. Any field engineer working regularly with that type hardware is going to carry a battery powered impact wrench. 30 second job, no more than a couple of minutes even with a ratchet.

Exactly or at least show some serious emotion while doing the interview. Literally no emotion but giggling knowing you just killed your entire family 'sigh'. He was pretty dang relaxed, pretty sure my brain wouldn't even be able to function JMO

Plus , he did some pretty cunning re-writing of his story after N screwed up Plan A for him. Given that LE was bearing down on him he must have been pretty cool calm and collected to come up with Plan B , not like someone who goes off half- cocked at all.

<mod changed full name to initial>

Last edited by a moderator:
I had wondered about the witness list that has been released . I had asked before so I am sorry , but I don’t think I had a legal answer . The names on the witness list . We are all focused that C.W. dad is not on there . But SW family is . I don’t believe her brother had made it to Colorado yet according to a fundraising page . So my question is what would make him a witness ? Did she divulge something in NC to him .? He seemed worried about not being able to protect her in Colorado and SW had shared the babies gender and name with him . Would his name on that list imply he knew something relevent. ?

I don't know the answer to that, but my guess is that SW's brother knew something about CW, or at a minimum, made observations. I hope we are able to one day learn what SW's parents and brother thought of CW when they first met him and as they got to know him.

They may not have gotten to know him very well, though, as he and SW moved to Colorado soon after their wedding. I can't help but wonder if CW found the job in Colorado to put some distance between SW and her family.

ETA: JMO, but my impression is that SW's brother and father adored her and were very protective of her.

More from AB
1. CW had a lot of secrets and they were catching up with him. Explains recent unloving behavior toward family.
4. In cell 23 hours a day. On suicide watch 24 hours per day because someone saw something and reported it.
8. Several times a day they make physical contact with him to make sure he’s still alive.
10. There is a shared newspaper that he has access to 1 hour per day when he is let out of his cell.
11. One hour a day he’s allowed into the “hour out room.” In the hour out room he gets a table, chair, shower, and a phone.
I think it is more than obvious that AB and People have the same source and that is someone who works at the jail. All they are doing is sensationalizing this already horrific case to get ratings and sales. It's so nice of the jail to check once and awhile to see if CW is still alive. I find it disgusting. JMO

More from AB
1. He can talk to other other prisoners in their cells.
2. No access to exercise equipment.
3. Because he’s on suicide watch, no personal property.
4. Chaplain, counselors, and therapists are available to him.
5. Children were in small caskets.
6. CW’s family wasn’t there, but they are mourning just as much.
7. There is a 4th placque at cemetery for Nico.

It’s hard to just follow and not post any thing constructive, but soon my wife, a physician (ob/gyn) will be verified, and able accurately answer some medical questions, and correct some inaccuracies regarding some medical issues that have been raised. We are locals in Colorado and have refrained from posting and correcting some things that have been posted until verified. I can say that someone upthread suggested that George Brauchler was the Jefferson county DA and is running for Governor, both of those statements are inaccurate. He is running for attorney general and was the elected da of several counties but not Jeffco ( not that it really matters). There are a few things that have been posted regarding medical issues that will be addresed soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

I look forward to chatting with you & your wife! Welcome!

I think it is more than obvious that AB and People have the same source and that is someone who works at the jail. All they are doing is sensationalizing this already horrific case to get ratings and sales. It's so nice of the jail to check once and awhile to see if he is still alive. I find it disgusting. JMO
even discussing last weeks AP that was hidden all they said to confirm was that law enforcement was aware he was in show. But that’s all there is zero credibility or proof . I believe nothing they say without solid evidence at this point . It’s shameful

More from AB
so sad. Meanwhile his wife has been buried, robbed of her vibrant life and 2 toddlers were soaked in toxic crude for 4 days before joining Mom in matching coffins. If his excuse is true and he murdered her as she was murdering her babies, why is he so sad? He saved the day and should be proud of his role. Sarc on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010