CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand the mind of a sociopath is not something that comes naturally to the unafflicted. I've learned a bit about them over the course of a lifetime and the thing you have to stay cognizant of is they don't experience emotions in the same way we do. They don't feel real love beyond what the person is giving them. They choose people and when they are done with them they can do unimaginable things like putting babies in oil tanks without remorse.
They are everywhere. Most aren’t violent but you never know, which is the scary part.

These people reach the top of major corporations and political office, but they also reach the bottom of the barrel, like our buddy C.W.

I'm not sure we will ever know the true reason why he did what he did. But I agree that I would like to know more information about him. I'm kind of amazed that there has not been any information about him. Nothing about his family. Nothing from old friends. Nothing from ex-girlfriends or his high school or college days. Nothing about his past. The only information really has been friends that him and SW had that were shocked. And some questionable people that no one has really confirmed, if their stories are true.
YES! I was thinking that, too. Their was one girl in the article about his secret life that went to high school with him who was an outcast that he was nice to. She said the girls had crushes on him. That is the only person. It is like he didn't exist until he met Shan'ann

Very good points, and I think the prosecution will rip him a new one, too. I suspect he's not going to change his story now, and that will likely mean SW's parents and brother will end up testifying about what happened in NC.

JMO, I do think SW came to the conclusion that she wanted to separate and I think that happened when she was in NC. We don't yet have proof positive that he was a serial cheater, but JMO, I think he was and I think he really enjoyed his secret life, but I think he also got a lot out of the image he had by being married to SW and having two darling little girls. JMO.

I don't think he would have gone along with all the smiling pictures of a happy family life and the Thrive vacations if he detested it so much. I think he was getting a lot out of it in terms of ego and image. JMO, I do think his image is very important to him.

JMO, if SW pulled the rug out from under him, that would explain to me the rage and attempted cover-up that I believe these murders required. I think it was a rage that built up over a period of time, and may have been further fueled by fears she would let his secret out of the bag.

JMO, he may have led SW to believe everything would be amicable in terms of the separation. I don't think she had any idea he was capable of doing what he did.

All JMO, and it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
100% agree!

If anyone asked for a separation or divorce, it was Shanann. No one leaves this guy, and Shanann wasn’t getting out alive.
YES! I was thinking that, too. Their was one girl in the article about his secret life that went to high school with him who was an outcast that he was nice to. She said the girls had crushes on him. That is the only person. It is like he didn't exist until he met Shan'ann
There was a male classmate who played sports with CW who gave an interview. It was positive.

Trying to understand the mind of a sociopath is not something that comes naturally to the unafflicted. I've learned a bit about them over the course of a lifetime and the thing you have to stay cognizant of is they don't experience emotions in the same way we do. They don't feel real love beyond what the person is giving them. They choose people and when they are done with them they can do unimaginable things like putting babies in oil tanks without remorse.
I don't think they even are capable of love and what they do consider "love" is "need." Once they don't "need" you anymore or have used up what you had to offer, you are disposable. How many of you have heard this type of person say in parting, "I don't need you" or "I don't need you anymore."

Couldn’t agree more. In regard to C.W. being convicted and sentenced to a minimum of life behind bars, I have full confidence that will be the case. Anything less, would be among the gravest injustices in the history of American criminal law, and I just don’t see it happening with the mountain of evidence against him.
ITA. He's done. Even if he uses some kind of temporary insanity defense, he's never getting out, imo.

Me too. He got his kicks by tying himself up and taking photos of himself. I think it’s very unlikely that he didn’t exhibit strange behaviors in the bedroom. He would have been dominating in his home life, and there would have been other concerning activity. Apparently she wasn’t concerned though. I’d love to know more about that aspect of his life.
See: Purple haired Shanann look-alike, Tinder hookup.
RE: CW choked her during sex, then afterwards went to Chick-fil-A.

Does everyone remember the story of Nicholas Francisco. He went missing after he was on his way home from work. Young couple 2 little ones and wife was pregnant with a 3rd. It was a big story in Seattle. His car was found abandoned. Anyways he literally left his old life behind zero warning signs.
My point is I wish CW would have taken that route and just left and started all over.

There was a Thread, here recently, where a guy did this.
Years later, it was found he remarried, and lived in another state.
If only CW thought to do similar!

It seems to have been done through the company he worked for. We don’t know if this was still in effect as it came from a 2015 bankruptcy filing. I see that Gerber life insurance commercial all the time, I’m not sure how common it is for parents to insure their children.
I have never heard of anyone insuring their children except maybe older kids
and it's travel insurance.

I don't think they even are capable of love and what they do consider "love" is "need." Once they don't "need" you anymore or have used up what you had to offer, you are disposable. How many of you have heard this type of person say in parting, "I don't need you" or "I don't need you anymore."

What I do know is that if you beat them to the punch and want out before they are finished, they will go absolutely apes**t.

If you mean that he's a monster devoid of humanity, I totally agree.

Assuming he pleads not guilty, we'll never know the reason he committed these unspeakable murders, but I still want to know a great deal more about him:

- his background before he met Shanann
- how the events unfolded that night
- I want to hear from him in his own words an explanation as to why he disposed of the children's bodies in such a manner if he loved them
- why his versions changed
- why did he have unprotected sex with Shanann if HE didn't want another child. He always had the choice of having a vasectomy and he didn't even need to tell her.
- IF he had affairs, why.

Not knowing how a father could do this and why keeps me awake at night.

I wonder if he was passive-aggressive in the relationship. Having read how organized Shanann was, almost to a fault, I wonder if she was "organizing" him as well as the kids and the house. Probably appearances meant a lot to her. He, in the meantime, was accruing resentment.

The killings were because financially it seemed easiest way out. Now that someone has mentioned life insurance, I think there might have been an additional reason.

Last edited:
The beef on People Magazine gets old. On crime cases they have their own sources. You'll note they even use their own source in addition to reporting news other orgs have reported.

As I mentioned a few days ago, it's not outside the realm of possibility the work AP is cooperating with LE. Undoubtedly, they've spoken with the male lover who came forward to verify his story too, and checked out the person with the Tinder story too. They are going to interview, at least once, everyone who can help offer some insight into his conduct and character. It's nothing extraordinary in a case like this one.

There really is nothing LE needs from AB at this point. CW is behind bars and it is in the hands of prosecutors. Flapping publicly about alleged male lovers simply sensationalizes the case, something that the prosecution doesn't want because it may result in a change of venue which adds expense and hassle to a case they should have no problem prosecuting and winning.

One fact that few have mentioned. If we compare his and her life, CW had too much free time on his hands. SW was giving births, raising kids, working (two jobs, her regular one + this "Thrive"), busy keeping appearances on social media. Getting pregnant.

It seems that CW, her "rock", was mostly working and maybe somewhat helping with the kids - but not excessively so (as they traveled with her for several weeks, for example).

She had the energy to anchor the household, but it left him with the time to cheat and meet with different partners.

I often think that traditional distribution of roles in the households still leaves dads too much time as compared to moms.

I'm not sure we will ever know the true reason why he did what he did. But I agree that I would like to know more information about him. I'm kind of amazed that there has not been any information about him. Nothing about his family. Nothing from old friends. Nothing from ex-girlfriends or his high school or college days. Nothing about his past. The only information really has been friends that him and SW had that were shocked. And some questionable people that no one has really confirmed, if their stories are true.

I'm wondering if he actually had any real friends at all. It's quite possible that most friends were actually Shanann's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx