Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And nothing will explain him dumping his little girls dead bodies in filthy oil vats. I don't know how people can just ignore that and focus on her videos.

That fact is hard to explain/guess, but I assume of you are at this stage that you have murdered, you only think forward, egostically forward, something changes in your head. And it doesn't matter for you how the bodies are buried since you have already stepped across a line. You did already the worst possible which is more worse than anything else.

It's a good thing we have these videos to analyze after the fact, because her doctors and the girls' doctors may have never noticed or diagnosed the Munchhausen by proxy.
Actually the doctors, especially the pediatrician, would have been the first to notice or suspect something like that. I don't see how a video would show anything.

What is legally defined as the maximum time period for which a person can be considered being in an enraged stage/heat of passion/snapped mentality. Hope this makes sense. I’m still trying to work out this premeditation vs snapping thing in my head. Tia.

Heat of passion murders are normally classified as Voluntary Manslaughter. In Colorado, Voluntary Manslaughter is actually Murder in the Second Degree.

So, for example, walking into your bedroom and finding spouse in bed with another woman. The time within which you react should not allow for a period to cool off.

If you walk out, head on over to Panera for a bite to eat, and then come back and kill them, then you’ve had enough time to cool off.

That’s interesting... it’s actually the opposite for me... the videos have definitely improved my view of C.W. He appears to be involved and attentive and I see no reason at all to question that he genuinely loved those girls.

Doesn’t change anything overall for me, I guess... I know I don’t have enough information to have a clue about what actually happened, or how they got to that point.
How many fathers who love their children dispose of them in vats of crude oil.

The more I read and I have not read but maybe 3 threads, I think CW wanted out . Not sure of how much planning went into the murders but he was desperate to get out. Some people think that if they can ride off into the sunset with their new squeeze, life will be perfect.
Desperate people do desperate things. Murder should not be an option. He should have just up and left and moved again. Not good for the kids but at least they would still be alive and their mother would be alive.

Heat of passion murders are normally classified as Voluntary Manslaughter. In Colorado, Voluntary Manslaughter is actually Murder in the Second Degree.

So, for example, walking into your bedroom and finding spouse in bed with another woman. The time within which you react should not allow for a period to cool off.

If you walk out, head on over to Panera for a bite to eat, and then come back and kill them, then you’ve had enough time to cool off.
Here’s my question then. Strangulation takes a good couple of minutes. Would “heat of passion” still apply when the method of murder takes such a long period of time. He didn’t shoot her, which would bring near instant death, rather, he squeezed and squeezed until she was lifeless.

I had another idea about the SW we see in these few videos... if we are picking up irritation/disdain toward CW.... maybe she has found out about the cheating... and she is pissed... and yet she is still having to do all these videos for thrive and for her family back east.

That's exactly the thought I had as well!

Actually the doctors, especially the pediatrician, would have been the first to notice or suspect something like that. I don't see how a video would show anything.
Given your background I'm curious what your take is on the videos if you have watched them.

And nothing will explain him dumping his little girls dead bodies in filthy oil vats. I don't know how people can just ignore that and focus on her videos.

I have tried to imagine that awful scenario. I just couldn't do that with ANY child's body, much less the body of a child I loved. I can't get past that.

The more I read and I have not read but maybe 3 threads, I think CW wanted out . Not sure of how much planning went into the murders but he was desperate to get out. Some people think that if they can ride off into the sunset with their new squeeze, life will be perfect.
Desperate people do desperate things. Murder should not be an option. He should have just up and left and moved again. Not good for the kids but at least they would still be alive and their mother would be alive.
Yes, I keep seeing that he wanted out and asked for a separation. He didn't have to ask, he could have just left. He seemed to have no trouble leaving for short amounts of time to conduct an affair. I believe more than one affair, but only the current one is relevant to the crime.

I'm sorry, guys, I don't see any concerns at all in this video.

She does say to CW, "Here, make your own" but she didn't have an ugly tone in her voice.

I know we each see through the lenses of our experience.

My wife and I bicker like cats and dogs (like siblings, really). Hopefully, our videos won't be analyzed on the interwebs.

Here’s my question then. Strangulation takes a good couple of minutes. Would “heat of passion” still apply when the method of murder takes such a long period of time. He didn’t shoot her, which would bring near instant death, rather, he squeezed and squeezed until she was lifeless.
Great question!

I had another idea about the SW we see in these few videos... if we are picking up irritation/disdain toward CW.... maybe she has found out about the cheating... and she is pissed... and yet she is still having to do all these videos for thrive and for her family back east.

It could well be, but I'd need to track the dates of those vids. If that were found over a couple of years, I'd have to assume either that it's been present a long time OR he's been playing away for a very long time.

Having a hard time squaring the PDAs ( eg Thayer's evidence on how loving they were - and my gut feeling is that the Thayers had integrity) vs the couple dynamics in some of these videos with the reality of what was going on ( affair, murder.)

I was just looking at a photo of the couple embracing on the San Diego trip....
Mind bendero_O

He was the cheater, not her. He was the liar about where his kids were, not her. He was the one who dumped his babies in oil, not her.
<modsnip: unnecessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO it's really simple - CW was having an affair, SW got pregnant, he felt even more trapped and his resentment grew and grew. Everything about his life was SW's fault. He grew to hate her, hate his life; he wanted to be able live the single life again. His hateful thoughts turned to action and he killed them all and then he was relieved when it was over. (All IMO of course)

Another thought- do we have any idea what he did the night he got the babysitter?

Although I DO also understand trying to extract answers from anything and everything, including the videos. I think people are just trying to understand. I get that too.

I'm sorry, guys, I don't see any concerns at all in this video.

She does say to CW, "Here, make your own" but she didn't have an ugly tone in her voice.

I know we each see through the lenses of our experience.

My wife and I bicker like cats and dogs (like siblings, really). Hopefully, our videos won't be analyzed on the interwebs.
I'm very different with my hubby and maybe that's because I came from such a horrible place pre him.
I would have made my husbands drink since he was caring for the little one and said here you go babe.
Also when he said and snow it's like she didn't even hear him, has him blocked out totally.
I would have respond something like "yes and the snow is crazy right now"
Then when she moved over to Bella and said you are cuter than dad, I get that if it was to be teasing CW then I would have expected her to look at CW and him say something like "yes that true or hey now" but it wasn't like a cute tease to me.
There is no interaction between them. When he said this is good she didn't even acknowledge him.

Like I said I'm way over analyzing and bugging myself at this point LOL

The motive for CW. He didn't want to be the husband of a sick wife and father to sick little girls. He wanted to move on and be free.

The day of his porch interviews, he wasn't wearing the purple Lupus wristband he had worn for ages. He didn't have his necklace on either.

I did notice that he wasn't wearing the necklace that I had seen in many other photos and videos. Is there some significance behind the necklace (meaning related to SW and the kids)? Perhaps, it is a possibility that the accessories were damaged during whatever happened night/early morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay