Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm watching through all her videos and maybe we over analyzing everything. :(
I just watched one where she is promoting Café from thrive and she's not very kind to CW.
CW is holding CeCe the entire time and he is in the back behind SW. SW tells him here make your own.
Then she moves the camera over to Bella and says here your cuter than dad.
CW tries to join in on the conversation as SW states it's cold in CO, Fire, Café and cookies. CW states and lots of snow. She literally never acknowledges him or interacts with him. Like I said totally over analyzing everything. Well I am anyway MOO

So I'm watching through all her videos and maybe we over analyzing everything. :(
I just watched one where she is promoting Café from thrive and she's not very kind to CW.
CW is holding CeCe the entire time and he is in the back behind SW. SW tells him here make your own.
CW tries to join in on the conversation as SW states it's cold in CO, Fire, Café and cookies. CW states and lots of snow. She literally never acknowledges him or interacts with him. Like I said totally over analyzing everything. Well I am anyway MOO
Can you link that video?

It looked obvious to me that Bella didn't like to be squirted in the face..Does anyone? Her laughter didn't sound enjoyable but very nervous..Don't know if Mom picked up on that but she def appeared to be the one that was having the fun, not Bella.
The water squirting video doesn't bother me that much. Kids like sprinklers, water pistols and water balloon. Bella seemed to like it. It just went on way, way too long and concentrating on her face was not good. Squirting CeCe in the house wasn't good. CeCe was afraid of it. "Open the door" she says to Chris.
Sometimes, we forget to be polite with our partners.

The videos that bother me are:

1. Christmas - girls crying, shaming Bella by calling her The Grinch repeatedly,
jab at Chris about the phone "He doesn't listen."

It makes me wonder whether the girls were just exhausted. Some Catholics
go as a family to Christmas Mass at midnight on Xmas Eve.

2. Pie Game at the end where Bella is crying. CW was a good sport I thought.
I was worried that Dieter ate the aerosol whipped cream. I didn't see the brand. It could have had ingredients dangerous to dogs.
I don't think the game was inappropriate. Kids like dunking machines at school carnivals. They like slapstick. I would have liked it at that age.

3. CeCe stretching in a dangerous manner in the bathroom trying to get water
from the tap. You don't want your child to get a brain injury.
I know a woman who fell off a changing table when she was infant. She is
mentally retarded. Whether the fall was the cause, no one really knows but
why take chances?

Bella was very sensitive and seemed frighten of things. This could be her birth order. I'm the middle child. My sister was always frightened when we were kids. It could be that our mother was very nervous with her first child.

I will admit that I have been proven wrong. I made the assumption that all of the videos were very happy portraits of the perfect family, but it looks like there was more of a mixed bag, and maybe the videos show "real" family life with ups and downs. If anything, this makes SW more relatable (which is good for her).

Edited to remove cross post

Her comments about CW are so sweet and complimentary. I wish she would have known about his true evil self.

I can't take any of the videos at face value any more.
The logic they are employing is that the kids were sick so often that SW must have been responsible.

From there, they conclude that she had a pattern of harming the kids, so C.W.’s scenario of Shanann strangling them, is supported by her previous behavior of hurting her children.

It’s one giant leap, and IMO, an unbelievable scenario.

I'm not. I'm trying to separate truth from fiction, what is stated and what is real.
It's good practice to sift through any & all information available, it's part of being on WS for me.

I'm not. I'm trying to separate truth from fiction, what is stated and what is real.
It's good practice to sift through any & all information available, it's part of being on WS for me.
I wasn’t addressing you in particular, just the sentiment being expressed, and the thought process behind it.

It is alleged that the MIL left nuts out within reach of the child who was allergic to nuts because she did not believe that the child was allergic. Not her call IMO.

Shanann made a post on FB about this. In her own words, Shanann said that her MIL stored a big bag of pistachios on the lower shelf of her kitchen island.

I know we can’t link to social media, but that’s the story.

Edited to add: they absolutely were within reach of the children and IMO should have been moved to a high cabinet or shelf in the garage or something. I just wanted to add more detail that was provided straight from the horse’s mouth.

I wonder if he threatened to fight for custody.
Who knows? But IMO, to evoke a response irrational enough to make someone want to run down the hall and strangle her two innocent little daughters, it would have to have been something heart wrenching, enough that it made her feel like a complete fool, something like, “I can’t stand the sight of you, I never loved you, I never felt love like I feel with the AP, she’s so much in bed than you are. She understands me.”

The logic they are employing is that the kids were sick so often that SW must have been responsible.

From there, they conclude that she had a pattern of harming the kids, so C.W.’s scenario of Shanann strangling them, is supported by her previous behavior of hurting her children.

It’s one giant leap, and IMO, an unbelievable scenario.
It is alleged that the MIL left nuts out within reach of the child who was allergic to nuts because she did not believe that the child was allergic. Not her call IMO.
And the MIL also gave an ice cream cone that had 3 different kinds of nuts in it to the kid who get have it (Bella?) and had her eat it in front of CeCe. MIL said, we'll she has to learn that she can't have it.

It sounds like a battle of wills between the MIL and SW.

MY exBf's sister kept feeding his little dog meals with pork in it that made him vomit. I told the sister about t and she wouldn't stop. I even saved the vomit with the pork chunks in it
and showed her but she was determined to keep feeding him pork. (She was histronic, borderline, and a malignant narcissist).

But how do you judge what is true and what is not?

I understand everyone wants to see both sides of the story but I feel like saying SW may have had Munchhausen by proxy is a bit much. All from seeing a few SM videos and knowing her children had normal childhood illnesses. As I said it makes me want to delete my SM. It makes me wonder what people think about me.

I really wish this crime hadn't happened at all but since it did I wish it was FL so we could at least know more about CW. We will find out things at trial but in the long wait for that we have nothing but a murder victims SM to analyize. I wish we had CW's SM, court filings, police reports and his cell phone instead.

CALL IN (713) 955-0606

WE ARE GOING LIVE TONIGHT MY WONDERFUL TRUE CRIM FRIENDS. 9 PM EASTERN ON WEBSLEUTHS RADIO. CLICK RIGHT HERE TO LISTEN LIVE.

TONIGHT SEPTEMBER 12TH LIVE WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AT 9 PM EASTERN 6 PM PACIFiC

CALL IN AT (713) 955- 0606

August 13, Shannon Watts34, disappeared with her 3- and 4-year-old daughters, Bella and Celeste, from their home in Frederick, Colorado.

Her husband Chris told the news he had an "emotional" talk with Shannon before he disappeared.

Chris Watts told 9 news in Denver the situation has been traumatizing. “I’m just hoping right now that she’s somewhere safe…” he told the news station. “Like, this house is not the same. Last night was traumatic. Last night was – I can’t really stay in this house again with nobody here.”

Later Watts confessed to killing his wife but not to killing his kids. He blames his wife Shannan for killing his two daughters claiming he became so enraged that he killed his wife. Later Shanann was found buried in an oilfield where Chris worked. Bella and Celeste were found in close proximity to their mother's body.

Is Chris Watts telling the truth? Did Shanann really kill their two daughters and when Chris found out he went into a blind rage and killed Shanann? Or did Chris Watts kill his wife and kids? If so WHY?

Join us tonight at 9 PM Eastern as we welcome Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute, Levi Page from the podcast Crime and Scandal, and Websleuths member and verified attorney gitana1

Call in at (713) 955-0606

And the MIL also gave an ice cream cone that had 3 different kinds of nuts in it to the kid who get have it (Bella?) and had her eat it in front of CeCe. MIL said, we'll she has to learn that she can't have it.

It sounds like a battle of wills between the MIL and SW.

MY exBf's sister kept feeding his little dog meals with pork in it that made him vomit. I told the sister about t and she wouldn't stop. I even saved the vomit with the pork chunks in it
and showed her but she was determined to keep feeding him pork. (She was histronic, borderline, and a malignant narcissist).

What kind of ice cream has three different kinds of nuts in it?

Kids get sick all the time, some more than others. Maybe Shanann was a hypochondriac, but there is absolutely no evidence of something nefarious going on. These kids had normal illnesses and conditions, and there is nothing to indicate that she was hurting them intentionally.

I’ve done quite a bit of reading on Munchausen by proxy, and there are no parallels here. Using some videos, and the knowledge that the kids tended to get sick, is beyond a flimsy argument.
I do not see any evidence of Munchausen by proxy at all. Illnesses seem to be legitimate, as opposed to some mysterious symptoms that Dr's. can't figure out, unless I have missed something. I have seen the video of the water bottle, and I see no problem with that either. I'm not sure what the problem is that some have seen, the child seems not only content but gleeful in the video. Squirting in the face would not be my first choice, but the child did not object, and even opened her mouth and put her tongue out to get some water. Her body language, actions, and laughter all seem to indicate that she was enjoying herself.

I will admit that I have been proven wrong. I made the assumption that all of the videos were very happy portraits of the perfect family, but it looks like there was more of a mixed bag, and maybe the videos show "real" family life with ups and downs. If anything, this makes SW more relatable (which is good for her).

Edited to remove cross post
That’s interesting... it’s actually the opposite for me... the videos have definitely improved my view of C.W. He appears to be involved and attentive and I see no reason at all to question that he genuinely loved those girls.

Doesn’t change anything overall for me, I guess... I know I don’t have enough information to have a clue about what actually happened, or how they got to that point.

I had another idea about the SW we see in these few videos... if we are picking up irritation/disdain toward CW.... maybe she has found out about the cheating... and she is pissed... and yet she is still having to do all these videos for thrive and for her family back east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach