Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe CW bought new clothes because he wanted to present a better image. GUESS WHAT? I have gone out with someone and then bought some new clothes or shoes to make a better impression. It's common behavior. One of my daughters borrowed money from me (she was grown) to buy a new dress and shoes for a second date, and eventually they married. People do things like that.
How can an observer look at a man and tell the clothes are "new"?

This isn't a study of data of other cases, it is one case. This case doesn't follow the Watt's case at all.

What CW told LE is in the Warrantless Arrest Affidavit, and that is that he told SW he wanted a separation. He didn't include a statement that he also told SW he wanted to take the kids. And why would he want to? He was actively involved in an affair at the time of the murders.

In the Indiana case, this woman said she was told by her husband he wanted a divorce AND that he wanted to take the kids. He told her this hours before she killed her kids. She also stabbed herself.

With no other details provided on this case, we don't know if the husband was actively involved in an active affair and the husband didn't kill the wife, either.

I suspect the husband had reason to be worried about the kids if left alone with her and she may have had reason to believe the court would grant him custody. I don't think SW would have any concerns that CW could possibly end up with custody of the kids.

JMO
In my opinion it would be about revenge not custody .

OK. But we are allowed to discuss both sides & have been asked to be respectful when doing so, regardless of what we personally believe.
TBH, I came here from hearing about WS on FB. I was hoping to find an alternative to the "you must be a CW Fan girl" or "these babies didn't deserve to be thrown in oil tanks" that come from members in the FB groups, just for questioning things that may have lead up to motive. It seems that may be impossible to find, though! I appreciate your tactful responses.

I did notice that he wasn't wearing the necklace that I had seen in many other photos and videos. Is there some significance behind the necklace (meaning related to SW and the kids)? Perhaps, it is a possibility that the accessories were damaged during whatever happened night/early morning.
Or the AP knew the necklace was from his wife and the bracelet was to support her illness, and demanded he take them off. Or he removed them to prove to AP the marraige was over.

Many speculate that the children were deceased upon Shanann's arrival. Considering the fact that CW was not privy to her flight delay until much closer to the time she was to leave, wouldn't he have had more time to carry out an efficient plan of disposal? By this logic, he would have killed the girls, waited for her, and then did a rush job of getting ready for work, putting their bodies in the truck, disposing of their bodies, and then reporting to work. If he had so much extra time since her flight was delayed, why wouldn't he have already prepared the bodies and set the scene to play to his advantage? Perhaps, she arrived home, something started a conversation that quickly escalated, and then he killed her and then the kids.. Or it happened as he said and she killed them, then he killed her. Either way, it just seems off that they would have been dead for so long before her and he still couldn't set the scene right? The way he left everything goes more with the timeframe of 1:48 AM - 5:27 AM, not much time for three murders, clean up, and to report to work timely. Also, based on where her belongings were, it seems that she walked in, took off her shoes, set her suitcase by the stairs, walked to the kitchen and set her purse on the kitchen island, and walked upstairs with her phone (hence it being found in couch upstairs).. At that point.. Whatever happened, happened. Sometimes, things go terribly wrong. Doesn't mean a person was that way always. From the videos, one is not able to say either of them would be capable of this.

What if CW killed the girls, accidently or deliberately, and then prepared them for later. But later turned out to actually be; much later. SW finally comes home, as you described, and he kills her. Probably quickly, because there appears to be little crime scene. Now time is his enemy. And plans have to change and things have to be done quickly!

Last edited:
It’s appalling to me that the defense team is having an issue with “leaks” to the the media. He’s grasping at straws that aren’t even there. He didn’t delete information or “evidence” because he didn’t think he would ever be caught. Of course this was premeditated. I’m sorry, I just have to vent every now and then.

This isn't a study of data of other cases, it is one case. This case doesn't follow the Watt's case at all.

What CW told LE is in the Warrantless Arrest Affidavit, and that is that he told SW he wanted a separation. He didn't include a statement that he also told SW he wanted to take the kids. And why would he want to? He was actively involved in an affair at the time of the murders.

In the Indiana case, this woman said she was told by her husband he wanted a divorce AND that he wanted to take the kids. He told her this hours before she killed her kids. She also stabbed herself.

With no other details provided on this case, we don't know if the husband was actively involved in an active affair and the husband didn't kill the wife, either.

I suspect the husband had reason to be worried about the kids if left alone with her and she may have had reason to believe the court would grant him custody. I don't think SW would have any concerns that CW could possibly end up with custody of the kids.

JMO
I think the LAST thing he wanted was to have the 2 kids with him in his new life.

Last edited:
It’s appalling to me that the defense team is having an issue with “leaks” to the the media. He’s grasping at straws that aren’t even there. He didn’t delete information or “evidence” because he didn’t think he would ever be caught. Of course this was premeditated. I’m sorry, I just have to vent every now and then.
Please, keep venting.

TBH, I came here from hearing about WS on FB. I was hoping to find an alternative to the "you must be a CW Fan girl" or "these babies didn't deserve to be thrown in oil tanks" that come from members in the FB groups, just for questioning things that may have lead up to motive. It seems that may be impossible to find, though! I appreciate your tactful responses.

Thank you @Asevario! Welcome to WS!

I've not heard anyone excusing her murder. There are such things as mitigating circumstances and nuances and the gray areas of life, however. They are part of a bigger picture. We're trying to see the entire picture here.

Agree. If we're going to say speculating on all the angles is off limits we may as well have WS close down here & now.
Every case and thread, pre-trial on WS is mostly spec & JMO
If speculation is now to be confused with excusing/justifying crime we're not going to get anywhere
It would be easy to go off and find another echo chamber elsewhere.
I like to challenge my own assumptions am sure many others do - otherwise what is the point?

And just like that, BOOM, she has MBP. If someone murders me and they aren’t ever going to hurt anyone else I’m beginning to think I’d rather just let them get away with it.

Yes, agreed. Thank you for catching the sarcasm in my OP! I thought it would be obvious.

And if people saw the way my husband and I tease and rib each other it would be a wash as to which of us seemed worse, I think. We joke a lot but mean no harm and are very close.

Perhaps the style is what I assumed since his style was targeted as her insult
We don't know what he was doing before their first date, if he came from work, if he laughed when she said it and appreciated the good natured ribbing. So he wore different clothes the next time. I don't see anything particularly ominous in that. I have a lot of spanish speaking friends, you wouldn't believe how many good natured "gordito" and "gorditas" I hear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member